Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    xsklhtu9rjtq.jpg

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!
    Aww, he even has cute dirt smears on his face, like a proper worker!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I am just sending you hugs and good wishes. Sorry things are tough right now. I second all the other posts of encouragement.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I agree :) It'd be so neat to meet all y'all in person!

I fear you would be disappointed.

Haha same here.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Well I’ve been reading, but not posting. I’m having a really bad couple of weeks and I didn’t want to dump it all on you guys. However, I have missed you all immensely. Its strange how much I rely on this thread for fun and motivation. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much you have all helped motivate me.

My diet and exercise has gone out of the window, the binge monster is well and truly in situ and my brain is telling me all sorts of horrible things, about how fat and unfit I am, and always will be, and theres little point trying. And no matter how much weight I lose, my boyfriend will still never love me and I’ll never be able to climb the mountain and blah blah blah blah.

I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I’m so fat and just can’t see how I’m going to get it off. And I know binge eating isn’t going to help, but I seem totally incapable of controlling it.

There’s a bit of an issue going on between my boyfriend and I. We need to address it, but I am avoiding the issue. Because, irrational me says he’s going to tell me all the things I don’t want to hear (that I believe about myself). So the poor guy has been getting a really hard time, for something I *think* he might say. I’m not being very grown up about things at the moment.

Most of the problem is I have not been taking my anti-depressants properly. I miss lots of days at a time, and that is obviously contributing to the blackness. Rationally I know I can fix that. I have reminders on my phone and email to take it, but I mostly just ignore them. I don’t know why. I know they help.

And just to make another excuse, theres a lot going on. My mum has cancer and is having her operation today. Her recovery time means I need to be home to have Charlie (2yo nephew) a lot more, which interferes with my life a bit, and well just excuses really. I feel overwhelmed with everything.

I’m sorry to dump this all on you, but a couple of people here told me it might help to get it out. And a big thank you to those of you who messaged me to check in: @pofoster21, @girldownsouth and @nonoelmo @Lois_1989. I really did appreciate it, and it was nice to think people noticed and cared enough to send a note. I hope I can remember to do the same for others.

I am trying to remember that today is a new day and all I can do is try. And some advice given to me in a message was that you will be able to help me with that. And I know its true. As a support group, you lot are amazing.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. Our brains can be such jerks sometimes. I hope you get whatever it is you need to feel better. And you know what, at least you're attempting to climb that mountain. That says a lot. Good luck.

• FroggyBug
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... the punkass Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Arctic Zero is pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to ice cream. :(

I went to Kroger last night to pick up a couple things. I looked for Halo, could only find vanilla, and I'm not wasting calories on vanilla. While I was standing there looking longingly into the freezer case someone pulled out some of the Arctic Zero stuff. Thought about telling them I heard it wasn't good but didn't know how to say, 'a couple of my internet friends on a thread I love said that stuff is not very good'...awkward silence...and then I'd feel stupid.

Did buy the hubby some Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie because he was talking about it the other day. I passed on the ice cream because it's just not worth it to me. Sometimes I feel weird because the majority of you talk about ice cream and gelato and sugary cereal with marshmallows (gross) and I just don't go out of my way to eat any of that...although, I'm a sucker for potato chips and dark chocolate! Everyone has different weaknesses!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Checking in from page 918. I spent the last 37 hours in bed. No joke. On average, my Fitbit tells me I take 27,000 steps a day. Yesterday, my total was 414. I got so unbelievably sick Monday afternoon that I called my husband home from work early so I could rest. After lots and lots of vomiting(sorry) and sleeping and a tiny bit of food yesterday, I'm feeling much better. Not quite 100% but ok enough that my husband went back to work today (he took yesterday off because we don't have anyone else to help watch our son). Anyway, while I am very thankful that my husband took time off from work checking in on me and making sure I had everything I needed and he kept our son happy, fed, (and alive)...holy cow, the house(kitchen mostly) was a disaster! Like I said, I was literally in bed for 37 hours except for bathroom trips so when I came downstairs this morning...OMG! Dishes, crumbs, empty cans, cat's water bowl just about empty,..etc etc. Thank goodness I'm back to join the living because I'm afraid to see what the house would have looked like after another day without me!
    Hope everyone else is doing well..I've got some catching up to do...in between cleaning!! ;)
    ETA: I hope I don't sound b*tchy...I really do appreciate my husband..so, so much for so many things beyond helping me when I am sick. I think it's just nice to see that I am needed..he got a glimpse into my day as a stay at home mom...it's not just all relaxing with our son playing games, and having fun. There's cleaning, laundry, dishes, and meals to be made, cats to take care of, etc. etc.
    Ok enough.

Glad you're feeling at least a little better. I hate being sick so I know how you feel. I also understand being appreciative and irritated at the same time. That's the state I live in. Keep getting better and make sure to not overdo it today.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    *whining* Guuuuuys (Well, girls...)! I got two new abuse flags. I'm curious and I want to know what posts they were on! I hate this anonymous flagging thing--I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOT FLAGGED. I don't care who flagged it, I just want to know what I said that was apparently so offensive! :o (I actually went back to see if it was my reply to MrFitness, but it wasn't. And that's like... The rudest post I've ever made on this forum. Who would have thought!)
    *end of whining*

Maybe you will end up in MFP jail soon :o
    So young yet such a rebel!!!

How do you know you have been flagged, do they send you a message or something?

When you go to "All Notifications" (you can find that by clicking on the bell at the top right of the screen) there's a list of how many times you've been flagged. I have one for spam (from my spammy pimples post) and four for abuse (two of which I happen to know came from a joke post that apparently offended some people). The other two are new, and I want to know where they came from! :o

The mods only send you a warning if THEY find your posts against the TOS. They pretty much ignore random flags that don't make sense. By the by, @JPW1990 has been banned. If you go backwards through the thread, you'll find that her profile picture is now bright red and says "User banned; keep calm and carry on."

This makes me sad. I really enjoyed her posts. I will miss her.

• FroggyBug
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    The kid behind me in our break room was eating his chips rather loudly. He sounded a bit like a wood chipper.
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

I grant you winner of this thread. Highest of high fives!

lol, thank you! I rarely confront anyone, even online, but nobody else was saying anything and his condescension was really beginning to grate on my nerves. I actually feel guilty for being rude. :disappointed:
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

I'm pretty sure he was around yesterday, too, wearing his judgy pants.

Yes, yes he was.

The only reason I didn't is because when someone is obviously just trying to get attention I ignore them completely. I'm glad you said what you did, though.

Same here
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!

So cute! I totally would have cried yesterday morning!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie - Sorry life seems to be throwing so much stuff at you right now. Hope everything goes well with your Mom's surgery today. Please take your medicine and talk to your boyfriend! You are going to kick that mountain's butt! You got this! Will someone please post the shark gif? You're super awesome!

Super great!! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    *whining* Guuuuuys (Well, girls...)! I got two new abuse flags. I'm curious and I want to know what posts they were on! I hate this anonymous flagging thing--I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOT FLAGGED. I don't care who flagged it, I just want to know what I said that was apparently so offensive! :o (I actually went back to see if it was my reply to MrFitness, but it wasn't. And that's like... The rudest post I've ever made on this forum. Who would have thought!)
    *end of whining*

When you go to "All Notifications" (you can find that by clicking on the bell at the top right of the screen) there's a list of how many times you've been flagged. I have one for spam (from my spammy pimples post) and four for abuse (two of which I happen to know came from a joke post that apparently offended some people). The other two are new, and I want to know where they came from! :o

The mods only send you a warning if THEY find your posts against the TOS. They pretty much ignore random flags that don't make sense. By the by, @JPW1990 has been banned. If you go backwards through the thread, you'll find that her profile picture is now bright red and says "User banned; keep calm and carry on."

Well, bans aren't generally permanent unless you've been bad enough to get banned a certain number of times within a certain time frame, and I believe she can still READ the forums, just not post. So hopefully she'll be back here once she's unbanned!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    *end of whining*

When people are banned, is it forever? I know when I read zombie threads, often there will be unfamiliar user names that are now banned. I have a mental picture of them wandering the weightloss wilderness forever, banished and never allowed to return.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Catching up on some comments:

1. I loooove Ethiopian food so I know how delicious that pile of mush must have been. I prefer the vegetarian dishes but my local place makes the spiciest, most delicious meat dishes too - my favourite is the one with the raw meat, kind of like a tartare? It so SO GOOD.

2. I also take off my "outside clothes" at home. I'm in sweats/yoga pants/leggings the absolute second I come in the door. But I only take my bra off right before bed because we have a male roommate and I try to be respectful of his right to live in a home where his best friend's wife isn't jiggling around everywhere, nips akimbo.

I'm also a freak size (28FF/28H in American sizes - thanks, narrow ribcage!) so they're, uh...noticeable, if I'm not strapped in. I do have a bunch of Lululemon yoga tops with sufficient built-in support to wear those without a bra, though, so I do that when it's warm out.

Fortunately, I'm young enough that mine pretty much stay where they're supposed to and haven't made a mad dash for my navel as of yet. Here's hoping!

3. @quiksylver296, that is adorable!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    *end of whining*

When people are banned, is it forever? I know when I read zombie threads, often there will be unfamiliar user names that are now banned. I have a mental picture of them wandering the weightloss wilderness forever, banished and never allowed to return.

As I wrote right above you... Not permanent, USUALLY. ;)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Ugh!!! I hate this for you. :(
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    *end of whining*

As I wrote right above you... Not permanent, USUALLY. ;)
    Ahh, thanks!
    JPW - if you're reading, HELLO! *waves*
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Thank you.

Ugh!!! I hate this for you. :(
    Ditto. So sorry, but he's being an inconsiderate jerk.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Catching up on some comments:

1. I loooove Ethiopian food so I know how delicious that pile of mush must have been. I prefer the vegetarian dishes but my local place makes the spiciest, most delicious meat dishes too - my favourite is the one with the raw meat, kind of like a tartare? It so SO GOOD.

2. I also take off my "outside clothes" at home. I'm in sweats/yoga pants/leggings the absolute second I come in the door. But I only take my bra off right before bed because we have a male roommate and I try to be respectful of his right to live in a home where his best friend's wife isn't jiggling around everywhere, nips akimbo.

I'm also a freak size (28FF/28H in American sizes - thanks, narrow ribcage!) so they're, uh...noticeable, if I'm not strapped in. I do have a bunch of Lululemon yoga tops with sufficient built-in support to wear those without a bra, though, so I do that when it's warm out.

Fortunately, I'm young enough that mine pretty much stay where they're supposed to and haven't made a mad dash for my navel as of yet. Here's hoping!

3. @quiksylver296, that is adorable!
    I LOLd.
  • rose8a
    rose8a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After my daily hour Zumba workout I unwind at night with a glass of rum, sometimes two.