Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @susieq_82 (I think that is the right Susie) You are amazing. That hummus is the best hummus. I made it tonight. YUM. Thank you

Nope, not that old! 1994 is my birth year. ;) I'm so glad you loved it as much as I do! You're very welcome. Did you use the 40g of tahina like I do because I'm stingy with my calories or 55g?

aaye yae yae my daughter is not "that" much younger than you... :wink:

ARGH! My daughter was born in 1993! I am old.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    An update, a request for opinions, and a confession.

Update: I actually REALLY liked the lemon cake Halo Top! It was sorbet-ish, but not. Which makes very little sense, I realize. But the lemon helped to dull the artifical sweetner after taste. Again, if I want to indulge, I'm scarfing Talenti, but I think I'll keep this on hand just in case. ;)

Request: I have that job interview on Friday afternoon (eep!). They want 3 professional references, who they will contact BEFORE extending an offer. I intend to use my boss at my former part time job (which I had on top of my full-time job), and a friend who was also a coworker at two previous jobs, but I'm stuck on the third.

I WANT to use my former supervisor at the company I'm currently with (who actually worked at the hospital I'm intervewing with eons ago), but she's still with our company and I'm worried that it will somehow get back to people here, which I REALLY don't want to deal with - especially if I don't get the job. Not that I think she'd set out to tell everyone, since we're buds, but it's a weird situation and you never know if it'll slip.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks!

Confession: Going to see Jurassic World tonight. Eating delicious Mexican "fast food" (Moe's Southwest Grill) beforehand. Might do more damage with chips than I would with popcorn! Don't care! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village(that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not choking on the dust?!

Love the first bolded part! That is my thought every time to the second bolded part. Keep thinking about the cinnamon challenge!
    Me too!! Eurgh!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

Her response word for word.

"Ok will do and I will stop by."

Are you freaking kidding me?!

Well, sorry this has been so upsetting to you and your husband, but I have to say that response is text-book for the generation that grew up with texting. Tone and intent in texts is tough to convey and read. I don't think your text to her sounded terse at all. Texts are usually short and a bit abrupt, especially for these busy kids / young adults so she probably didn't perceive any irritation from you. I will be interested to see if she shows up, though.

I'm not going to hold my breath. Also, I'm not going to sit around waiting for her to decide to come by either.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a song comes into my head out of nowhere... I just think about it randomly. Then later in the day I'll hear it coming out a radio or something. Yesterday I was whistling Frank Sinatra's Under my Skin just before my boyfriend and I went to the movie theater to see Sony's E3 press conference (video game geeks here). Lo and behold, one of the final trailers of the night (Batman Arkham Knight) was playing Under my Skin. I was kind of taken aback, as the song was still stuck in my head at that point and it's weird to hear it ACTUALLY START PLAYING. Especially that song, which I never hear unless I look for it.

EDIT: Sorry to all of you whistle haters :lol:
    EDIT2: Since I've seen the trailer I have watched it about fifty times on YouTube and listened to the full song a few times as well. :neutral: The blasted song won't get out of my head.
    ... EDIT3: Batman's Joker is one of the most interesting villains in anything ever, in my opinion.

I've had that happen a few times. Once I was listening to Sirius XM and I thought of the Daft Punk song "Get Lucky." I turned the station and there was the song...but then after it was over I turned the station and on the next station was the song again. I thought that was weird. :)

I've also had times where I'm driving and songs seem to be warning me (I swear I'm not too crazy :p ) For example, one time it was snowing and all the songs that were coming on were about slowing down. I listened and made sure I was taking it slow while driving that morning.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tehehe my sister has the same problem! She's perfect and I hate her she has huge boobs and a nice booty with curves- then there's me I have no chest (unless I make myself a pair). I go straight down, and my butt- while I don't have a crack in my back- it's not all as plump and such as I would like! Grrrr Younger sisters ...

Haha what is it about younger sisters? My sister is pretty much perfect. I always say I got the bad genes.
    I'm the younger sister! Fortunately my sister and I are very different, although we're great friends. She was the sporty and artistic one, whereas I was more academic and practical. It helps when you're not comparing apples to apples! Also we don't look much alike - she's very dark haired and more olivey skinned and I'm mousy coloured and freckly.
    Fun fact: My sister looks SO much like our mother that growing up, people who knew my mum but not my sister would stop her on the street and say "Oh you HAVE to be X's daughter!" She hated it!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

((HUGS))! Good for you!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

Good luck tonight. Prayers and good wishes and positive thoughts for you!

Ditto!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Update: I actually REALLY liked the lemon cake Halo Top! It was sorbet-ish, but not. Which makes very little sense, I realize. But the lemon helped to dull the artifical sweetner after taste. Again, if I want to indulge, I'm scarfing Talenti, but I think I'll keep this on hand just in case. ;)

Request: I have that job interview on Friday afternoon (eep!). They want 3 professional references, who they will contact BEFORE extending an offer. I intend to use my boss at my former part time job (which I had on top of my full-time job), and a friend who was also a coworker at two previous jobs, but I'm stuck on the third.

I WANT to use my former supervisor at the company I'm currently with (who actually worked at the hospital I'm intervewing with eons ago), but she's still with our company and I'm worried that it will somehow get back to people here, which I REALLY don't want to deal with - especially if I don't get the job. Not that I think she'd set out to tell everyone, since we're buds, but it's a weird situation and you never know if it'll slip.

Confession: Going to see Jurassic World tonight. Eating delicious Mexican "fast food" (Moe's Southwest Grill) beforehand. Might do more damage with chips than I would with popcorn! Don't care! :)
    On the reference, can you ask at the interview what people do in this situation? It must happen all the time. I definitely wouldn't want it to get back to your current employer that you're job shopping. Maybe they can delay picking up that one reference until after any offer is extended..?

Also, saw Jurassic World last night! It was silly and fun. My daughter is quite smitten with Chris Pratt in it - he's extremely manly!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    *whining* Guuuuuys (Well, girls...)! I got two new abuse flags. I'm curious and I want to know what posts they were on! I hate this anonymous flagging thing--I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOT FLAGGED. I don't care who flagged it, I just want to know what I said that was apparently so offensive! :o (I actually went back to see if it was my reply to MrFitness, but it wasn't. And that's like... The rudest post I've ever made on this forum. Who would have thought!)
    *end of whining*

I was surprised that I have a flag as well. I wish I knew which post it was as well.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... the punkass Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Arctic Zero is pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to ice cream. :(

Agreed. I want my $5 back. It was baaad. I can't believe they are in business with so many flavors. I bet they all suck. I am pretty bitter at Kroger for not having Halo Top. Not sure if that's Kroger or HT's fault.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that maybe you guys were flagged because someone thought they were hitting the quote button but accidentally hit flag? Can that happen? I can't think of another reason because your posts haven't been very scandalous. Unless you're a couple of mischievous rascals in other threads. :lol: Also, are you told if you've been flagged? I'm curious to see if I have any, but I'm guessing I would know if I did.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

First, good luck on your interview! Secondly, asking her depends on how much you trust her. That's probably not helpful, but you probably know her well enough to know if she's a gossip or not.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    TV-related confession: I don't even own one. And don't plan to. I also don't use Netflix/Hulu/other stuff. I'm a television-hating freak. o:)

Wow, it is nice to hear that a couple of others don't watch TV. I sometimes feel a little weird about it because people really get into 'their' shows.

About ten years ago I got so disgusted with how stupid TV was that I disconnected the thing and included it in my regular donations to the local battered women's shelter. Haven't regretted it for a second. I am a fairly serious politics junkie, but TV is useless to support that interest anyway. I do occasionally watch one of the HBO series or a special via stream or DVD, but that's very rare.

Now and then, friends try to convince me that some series is really different and wonderful, so I'll go over to their house to watch...and so far it's all been just inane junk (though I don't put it that strongly to my well-meaning friends). As a result, no cable bill for me, and no regrets.

So, while I complained about the other folks talking about disconnecting their tv service... I have never paid for TV service, do not have it in my house, can't be bothered to watch the shows on Netflix/Hulu. We are like 1% of the population. I do binge watch Law and Order and NCIS when I go to my moms! However, if I lived in the footprint for my company I would have the service I market simply because it would be the right thing to do (same reason I still have a landline phone).

We keep a landline phone for the same reason...my husband's job. We never use it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Talk to her first. Stress the importance of your privacy. If she is a professional, she will keep it to herself. (Maybe give her a "what if" scenario and see her reaction first?) Good luck!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

I watch that show every now & then & the most annoying ones since I've watched it have been Jessie & Rachel.

One of my favorite seasons was season 6 with Kaysar and Janelle! Loved them!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Well I’ve been reading, but not posting. I’m having a really bad couple of weeks and I didn’t want to dump it all on you guys. However, I have missed you all immensely. Its strange how much I rely on this thread for fun and motivation. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much you have all helped motivate me.

My diet and exercise has gone out of the window, the binge monster is well and truly in situ and my brain is telling me all sorts of horrible things, about how fat and unfit I am, and always will be, and theres little point trying. And no matter how much weight I lose, my boyfriend will still never love me and I’ll never be able to climb the mountain and blah blah blah blah.

I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I’m so fat and just can’t see how I’m going to get it off. And I know binge eating isn’t going to help, but I seem totally incapable of controlling it.

There’s a bit of an issue going on between my boyfriend and I. We need to address it, but I am avoiding the issue. Because, irrational me says he’s going to tell me all the things I don’t want to hear (that I believe about myself). So the poor guy has been getting a really hard time, for something I *think* he might say. I’m not being very grown up about things at the moment.

Most of the problem is I have not been taking my anti-depressants properly. I miss lots of days at a time, and that is obviously contributing to the blackness. Rationally I know I can fix that. I have reminders on my phone and email to take it, but I mostly just ignore them. I don’t know why. I know they help.

And just to make another excuse, theres a lot going on. My mum has cancer and is having her operation today. Her recovery time means I need to be home to have Charlie (2yo nephew) a lot more, which interferes with my life a bit, and well just excuses really. I feel overwhelmed with everything.

I’m sorry to dump this all on you, but a couple of people here told me it might help to get it out. And a big thank you to those of you who messaged me to check in: @pofoster21, @girldownsouth and @nonoelmo @Lois_1989. I really did appreciate it, and it was nice to think people noticed and cared enough to send a note. I hope I can remember to do the same for others.

I am trying to remember that today is a new day and all I can do is try. And some advice given to me in a message was that you will be able to help me with that. And I know its true. As a support group, you lot are amazing.

Sometimes I think about not checking in/posting here but like you, I like reading this thread and it does make me feel better. I think that I'm complaining here too much and I don't want to bring anyone down. It is just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. Please know that at least someone here cares about you and doesn't mind if you vent (I read everything here and I will listen if you need someone).

I am so down right now that it is hard to find reasons to keep going sometimes.

I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. I hope your mom gets through everything okay. That is really scary. I am also sorry you are having issues with your boyfriend as well. I'm right there with you on that one. (HUGS) If your meds help, make sure you are taking them!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Had two big glasses of wine and am enjoying the slightly fuzzy state of mind. I just got done reading a book where the characters were constantly talking about delicious strawberry wine and it made me crave the stuff. Problem is... I never had strawberry wine. Is it any good? Does anyone know OF good strawberry wine? ;)

Also, that purse thing is rough. I can't even imagine :( Im sorry and I hope a good person returns it to you.

When I was in my teens and buying wine on a fake ID I used to buy Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine. Like $2 a bottle. Liked it then. Now...ewww. But maybe a better brand would be better?

Holy crap! Boones Farm...oh the memories. Speaking of..my high school graduation was 20 years ago, yesterday! Whew!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green