Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    newfutures wrote: »
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Im still at that point. I have figured out tho that over time I slowly shrink my portions and my stomach will shrink up as well eventually getting me to a place where small and normal size portions fill me up. The trick is to do it slowly if you want to avoid that uncomfortable you feel like your going to eat your arm off stage.

Congrats on the new babies! And this is a very sensible approach. Good luck!

Thank you so much!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village(that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not choking on the dust?!

Love the first bolded part! That is my thought every time to the second bolded part. Keep thinking about the cinnamon challenge!

wow kinda rude and no its not like choking on dust because you don't fill your mouth with it. good grief
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green
    Are we watching cricket and eating cake?

I don't care what we're doing as long as there are real English people there who I can listen to speak :)
    My husband has a fairly 'posh' English accent (his mother - RIP - sounded like the Queen) and he has no idea that women swoon when he talks to them.

You are one lucky lady!!
    Well, to me he just sounds like any other Englishman, so...

Haha I know..I'm just jealous! But hopefully I'll get to be with my Englishman full time in the next year :)
    I hope you do to! What is your plan?

Well as of right now I'm heading over there in August and we'll see where we're at after that! There's talk of me going there or him here in the next year but nothing concrete yet.
    Excited for you!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

I too love sweet and savory together. Or sweet and salty. It's funny you mention fries with salad, because I almost ordered fries with my Wendy's salad last night. I instead, went home and made a 144 gram baked potato with 2 servings of real butter and a serving of sour cream. The salad was disappointing but the potato most definitely was not.

What is English style custard?

• Tubbs216
    Options
    It's been announced, you guys! Tomorrow is Ramadan. :) Bring on the fasting! :smiley:
    Ramadan Mubarak!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

Her response word for word.

"Ok will do and I will stop by."

Are you freaking kidding me?!

Holy crap! Did the top of your head Pop off?!? I would be p!ssed!!!

I was pretty pissed. I'm over it now. Maybe this will finally convince my husband that she doesn't want to be around. I feel bad, but if this is what it takes, so be it.

I 100% agree with this. When working with young girls where the situation was reversed where (typically fathers) would make all sorts of empty promises the girls would get so angry and down. After two or three times I stopped feeling bad though explaining that people are who they are- either accept them for what they are and realize this pattern will continue or cut them out :/ It's a harsh reality but it's true.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village(that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not choking on the dust?!

Love the first bolded part! That is my thought every time to the second bolded part. Keep thinking about the cinnamon challenge!

wow kinda rude and no its not like choking on dust because you don't fill your mouth with it. good grief

Hey hey hey. No judge-y pants! ;)

We're 952 pages into this thread, and that post has probably been quoted 200+ times (I base this on wild presumption only with no facts whatsoever). I think we've all begun to wonder about that! It's not a dig on the people who do it, since that would be against the spirit of the thread. :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Why was that rude? She called the hot chocolate powder stupid, not you...

Chill. We're all friendly here, but people will be more friendly if you don't get up in arms about lighthearted things.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I too love sweet and savory together. Or sweet and salty. It's funny you mention fries with salad, because I almost ordered fries with my Wendy's salad last night. I instead, went home and made a 144 gram baked potato with 2 servings of real butter and a serving of sour cream. The salad was disappointing but the potato most definitely was not.

What is English style custard?

Some sort of liquid vanilla pudding I believe? A bit like pastry cream, just more liquid.

It's also delicious. With ice cream. On pie.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Super great.

Super great, indeed! :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

A couple years ago I bought my husband a really nice Invicta watch. He really likes it.

Not sure about what is allowed as far as pre-wrapped, but if it was me, I'd wrap it in something really soft and keep it in my carry-on and then wrap it for him when you get to your destination. You may even be able to make-shift wrap it in stationary or paper with the hotel / resort logo on it. That would be memorable, I'd think.

^^^THIS RIGHT HERE, is precisely why you're one of my favorite people in this thread. You're so thoughtful, helpful and creative. I love that idea of wrapping it in stationary or paper with the resort name/logo on it. Also, I've never heard of that brand before.

I'm feeling much less cranky/moody/homicidal now that I've eaten. :smile:

Thank you. I try to be helpful because I'm probably the LEAST creative person there is. I'm frugal and lazy, hence where the resort / hotel paper came to mind, but I figured it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. So far so good on the Invicta watch for my husband, but it's pretty fancy so it's not an every-day watch.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

+1
    I have worse. Did you see my earlier confession when I mentioned how my husband nearly ate my newborn's severed umbilicus, thinking it was a stray raisin?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.

I love all of those things! I need a brownie with ice cream on it STAT!!! Warm apple pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream would do nicely too.

My mouth just started watering. :blush:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Where's @Susieq_1994 with all her pictures of baked goods?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

+1
    I have worse. Did you see my earlier confession when I mentioned how my husband nearly ate my newborn's severed umbilicus, thinking it was a stray raisin?

gag-me.gif
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Whatever happens, I am sure you and your hubby will be all the stronger for it. You are dealing with it together. I kind of have a similar thing, although the stepson lives in our house, we never see him due to work or his being out with friends, or he's asleep while we are all home. He's 23, we have gotten several used cars for him, this current one, he has been told will be the last one we purchase. Still he has no incentive to find his own place and move out. Our house is a little cramped and I had planned to move my youngest into his room, when I was under the impression he was moving out with a friend. That fell through, so now we are stuck. Still paying for his phone and car insurance too. He has been asked to pay for these things and has not begun to pay for them. His job is enough for him to pay for that at least. I am pretty frustrated myself.
    Yeah, that's tricky. I'll be interested to see if anyone else offers advice. My daughter is working now, but the plan is that this is a year off from university while she gets her health in check. We're still paying for her phone etc and she has use of a car (kind of shared between her and her brother), and I'm wondering if we should expect her to pay something towards her keep.

Just my opinion, but I think that adults over 20 should definitely be paying something towards their keep, if not paying for all their own extras while living at home (car, phone, non-essentials). In my experience, people whose parents give them a free ride with no end in sight often just milk it for all it's worth.

I may just be jealous though because my mom made me watch my baby brother for free after school and all day in the summer from the time I was 12 until I was 17 so she could work two jobs. Then, when I was 17 she made me get a real job and contribute to the household with the money I made. These kids don't know how good they have it and it irrationally bothers me.

I agree, but it's not all "good". It's a short-term enabling and then they have no idea how to deal with the real world. I'm sorry you are bitter about some things in your past, but honestly, I guarantee that made you a better, stronger person!

That's so true. A cousin of mine had wealthy parents, and they paid for everything - car, college, off campus apartment, spending money... he had to do nothing but go to class. I would have KILLED for that opportunity. I love school and would have done so well with that kind of support. My cousin? He failed out of college, flooded his apartment screwing around with the fire alarm, and became a criminal. Seriously.

Sadly, this is common.