• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Has the OP actually provided ANY concrete examples of
    • a supplement that works as a diet pill
    • or has beneficial effects
    • That can be backed up with credible evidence that it works
    • That has been unfairly dismissed by the majority of mfpers as she claims and can prove.

I'd read the whole thread again, but it does tend to make your eyes bleed.
    If the OP cnat provide concrete examples, then what is she going on about and how has it got to ten pages?

Oh and 1 person agreed with her v how many who didnt?
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

It was closed
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Back from the dead!
  • robspot
    edited August 2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    If the OP can't provide concrete examples, then what is she going on about and how has it got to ten pages?

Basically the OP's premise is that she wants people to be nice and discuss the pro's and con's of supplements instead of saying that they're all junk.

The trouble with this premise is that everyone posting on this thread thinks they're junk and therefore would prefer to say this rather than wasting their time debating.

Roll this round a few times and bingo, 10 pages doesn't seem enough
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I say it's bogus because it is. Don't know how that got so complicated and politically incorrect. <shrugs>
  • 999tigger
    Options
    robspot wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    If the OP can't provide concrete examples, then what is she going on about and how has it got to ten pages?

Basically the OP's premise is that she wants people to be nice and discuss the pro's and con's of supplements instead of saying that they're all junk.

The trouble with this premise is that everyone posting on this thread thinks they're junk and therefore would prefer to say this rather than wasting their time debating.

Roll this round a few times and bingo, 10 pages doesn't seem enough

Thanks I did ask her several times but she chose to ignore presumably because she couldnt provide any examples of supplements that work and she can prove work, but have been dismissed. Surely she has to have some pills that work otherwise whats the point of her thread?

It seems she is moaning about some injustice that bears no resemblance to reality. Amazing she cant see this.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Wonder why this got unlocked?
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    "If somebody gets in your face and calls you a c*******er, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal. I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Maybe they removed the lock-worthy posts? (I missed some if that's the case)
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    robspot wrote: »
    But really, why can't we all just get along?

Won't you be my neighbor?

You know now that I think about this statement, I'm confused. Is it supposed to be a statement or a question? Because Mr. Rogers must have been a real jerk if he demanded people to be his neighbor. Maybe I don't want to be his freaking neighbor! How dare he tell me what to do!

I know you're confused, but trash talking Mr. Rogers? I can't even. In fact, I'll let Mr. Rogers defend himself ...

v9topjiegx7n.jpg

• 999tigger
    Options
    Am I to blame for bringing it back to life? Did someone use a pill? It could have veen an interesting subject if the OP had presented it properly.
  • robspot
    edited August 2015
    Options
    "If somebody gets in your face and calls you a c*******er, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal. I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

Classic film
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Anybody else find it hilarious that OP keeps trying to claim that people are only addressing the thread title? "All pills are not snake oil," which I believe everyone agrees with. And complains that people aren't reading the actual post? Which pretty much everyone is taking to task.

I know others have pointed out that they/we have read the thread/post. But, like I asked, does anyone else find that point amusing?

Oh, and I'm also waiting for an actual example of what OP is talking about.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread back from the dead?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »

I don't know. I want to burn it with fire.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

campfire-flames.gif
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I'm also waiting for an actual example of what OP is talking about.
    The example was a couple pages back, xyz and abc or something like that. It was very specific.

I think that xyz is snake oil and a waste of money.
    On the other hand, abc is magical.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I think it's back, because in spite of the OP's insistence to the contrary, this thread contains valid information that may actually help someone.

Other than the OP, of course. ;)

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Most of life's questions can be answered through this movie, if not, consult The Godfather I & II.
This discussion has been closed.