"12 Weeks Weightloss Challenge" All Welcome

Options

Replies

• izzy214
    izzy214 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Up and walked 3.5 miles and had a good breakfast, ready for the day. I am feeling great! B)
  • 1214sarah
    1214sarah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Name: Sarah
    Height:5'2

Start Weight (July 19):178.2
    Goal Weight (7 Oct ): 155

July 19th: 178.2
    July 26th: 173.4
    August 2nd: 172.6
    August 9th: 168.8
    August 16th: 167.4

Loss this week: 1.4
    Total loss: 10.8
  • izzy214
    Options
    Sarah Good job on the 1.4 weight loss :) congrats
  • LindaB53
    LindaB53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Linda. I'm fairly new on Myfitnesspal (This time :) ). My church started a "Smallest Winner" program on 7/26/15 (My birthday week). So, I'm starting my info from there. It's only a 6 week program but I want, and need, to continue it after the 6 weeks. I have found that documentation is very important and I can use all the support and encouragement I can get. I stayed thin through high school and then, as a freshman in college, my parents had a horrible separation and divorce and drug us kids into it. Then I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I gained 65 pounds in 4 months. Once I got the thyroid regulated, and was married, I got pregnant with my first of 3 kids. The rest of the story is predictable and I've been overweight since with my biggest being 288 pounds. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2001 and sleep apnea a few years later. I now have 4 grandkids, all under 28 months old, and I want to see them grow up. I'm doing this for me and my family. Let's go!!

Name: Linda
    Height:5' 5 1/2"

Start Weight (26th July):257.2
    Goal Weight (20th September):233

2nd August:251.2
    9th August:249.6
    16th August:246.8
    23rd August:
    30th August:
    6th September:
    13th September:
    20th September:

Weight loss goal per week: 2 to 3 pounds
  • LindaB53
    Options
    gabriele01 wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

Just wanted to send a little motivational post your way. I joined this challenge because last month I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. When I weighed in during my routine physical on 6/16/2015 I was at my highest ever weight of 301 pounds. I have always been overweight, but had never had any issues with high BP, cholesterol, sugar, triglycerides or anything else. So, being told I was diabetic was quite a shock for me. My labs weren't horrible, but enough to have my doctor concerned. She wanted to put me on 2 different medications.

I asked her to give me 30 days to see if I could keep my sugar levels under control without medical help. She agreed, reluctantly if I may say so.

So for the past 30 days I have been testing out this new-to-me low carb life style. I had my 30 day follow up appointment yesterday, and these were my numbers:

Fasting sugar levels down from 156 to under 100 each and every single day
    Blood pressure down from 130/90 to 118/80
    Weight down from 301 to 276

Yes, I really did lose 25 pounds in 30 days! And I still eat chocolate almost every day, but just one small piece of dark instead of the amounts I would have eaten in the past. If I can do this, so can you! So hang in there, take it one day and one mile at a time. And be your own best motivator! Don't rely on others to push you - they have nothing to gain from it, keep pushing yourself! You can do so much more than you think you can!!

Good luck to all, and Happy Friday!!

That's awesome!! Congratulations! And thank you for your support and encouragement too :smiley:
  • LindaB53
    Options
    I'm loving reading all of the posts, motivation, and success stories. I've read through 13 pages tonight but have to head to bed. It's 2:37 a.m. LOL More tomorrow....Keep up the good work! We can do this!!
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Name: Laura
    Height:5'7

Start Weight (29th June):171
    Goal Weight (14th Sept ): 151

29th June:171
    6th July: 169
    13th July: 167
    20th July: 166
    27th July: 165
    3rd August: 163
    10th August: 161
    17th August: 159
    24th August:
    31st August:
    7th of Sept:
    14th of Sept:

Weight goal for this week: 2 pounds

Currently lost 65 pounds since the 2nd of January
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Weekly weight in:

Height: 5'5'
    Starting weight: 13st 5lb (187lb)
    12 week goal weight: 12st 5lb (175lb)

06 July: 13st 3lb (185lb)
    13 July: 13st 2.5lb (184.5lb)
    20 July: 13st 1.5lb (183.5lb)
    27 July: 13st (182lb)
    3 Aug: 12st 13.5lb (181.5lb)
    10 Aug: 12st 12lb (180lb)
    17 Aug: 12st 12lb (180lb)

24 Aug:
    31 Aug:
    7 Sep:
    14 Sep:
    21 Sep:

Weight loss this week: 0lb, with a total weight loss for 7 weeks of 7lb. Annoying zero weight loss today - what's even worse is that I lost 0.5lb between last Monday and Tuesday, and another 0.5lb between Tue and Wed, and then maintained that for the next 4 days. But this morning, nope, back to the same weight as last Monday! I promised myself I'd never fudge a Monday weigh in, so I can't record a loss, but I swear to god, I'd lost 1lb as of yesterday morning, was really good with my cals yesterday, and still this morning didn't show that 1lb! Fingers crossed that pound disappears this week, and I can record a decent figure next week!

I'm going to up my water intake this week, as I suspect I didn't drink enough this weekend. I wonder if that has affected my weight? I've noticed that my water intake goes down a little at the weekend - at work I sit with my water bottle in front of me, and it's easy to get enough in. Weekends I'm all over the place, and I have to actively go and get a drink, instead of it being right there to sip throughout the day.
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    height: 167 cm

Starting today:
    7 July: 83.4 kg
    Start Weight (7th July):83.4 kg
    Goal Weight (28 Sept):78 kg

7th July: 83.4
    13th July: 83.6
    21st July: 82.3
    27th July: 81.8
    3rd August: 80.8
    10th August 81.5
    17th August 82.5
    24th August
    28th August
    16th September
    21st September
    28th September

Weight loss goal for this week: 1 kg
    Weight lost/gained this week: + 1 kg

Gain was to be expected. Birthday weekend and a work retreat, both with lots of good food and drinks. I had a good time and am back on track from today on. Had a nice trainer session at the gym Friday, he gave me lots of tips and new ideas. Got my body mass measured and have lost 3 % of body fat in the last 2 months. As I assume that some of the massive gain is water I am fine! Have a good week everyone!
  • ziehm1am
    ziehm1am Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Name: Aaron
    Height: 6'-0"

Start Weight (20th July):270
    Goal Weight (11th October):230

27th July: 260.2

3rd Aug: 256.0
    10th Aug: 252.4
    17th Aug: 247.6
    24th Aug:
    31st Aug:

7th Sep:
    14th Sep:
    21st Sep:
    28th Sep:

4th Oct:
    11th Oct:

Goal weight loss for this week: 4 pounds
    Weight loss so far: 22.4 pounds
  • izzy214
    Options
    Welcome Newbies and congrats to all who lost and to those who the scale did not move, be patient. I usually stay the same for about 3 weeks at a time. Then I will have a loss. Keep going and it will come off. Have a great week.
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa (Radory)
    Height: 5'9"

Start Weight (29th June): 294.2
    Goal Weight (14th Sept): 272.0

29th June: 294.2
    6th July: 291.6
    13th July: 289.0
    20nd July: 284.8
    27th July: 284.4
    3rd August: 281.4
    10th August: 277.8
    17th August: 280.0
    24th August:
    31st August:
    7th September:
    14th September:

Weight goal for this week: 2 pounds
    Weight lost/gained this week: +2.2 pounds
    Total change: -14.2 pounds

It was our anniversary weekend and we were gone constantly and had a couple of dinners out planned. I built up a deficit the week before to help with it and planned ahead, but I'm wondering if the gain isn't water retention as a lot of the food we had was high in sodium. Hoping! Next week will tell for sure.
  • izzy214
    Options
    4a1f5f58913fc76610d9b307a46e139d.gif

Hypothyroidism can be a tricky condition to manage, and what you eat can interfere with your treatment. Some nutrients heavily influence the function of the thyroid gland, and certain foods can inhibit your body's ability to absorb the replacement hormones you may take as part of your thyroid treatment. There's no such thing as a "hypothyroidism diet" that will make you well, but eating smart can help you feel better despite the condition. Here are nine foods to limit or avoid as you manage hypothyroidism:

1. Soy
    interferes with your body's ability to use thyroid hormones

2. Cruciferous Vegetables-
    Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and cabbage, can interfere with the production of thyroid hormone, particularly people who have an iodine deficiency.

3. Gluten-
    People with hypothyroidism may want to consider minimizing their intake of gluten, a protein found in foods processed from wheat, barley, rye, and other grains. Gluten can irritate the small intestine and may hamper absorption of thyroid hormone replacement medication.

However, if you do choose to eat gluten, be sure to choose whole-grains varieties of bread, pasta, and rice, which are high in fiber and other nutrients and can help improve bowel irregularity, a common symptom of hypothyroidism. Also be sure to take your hypothyroidism medication several hours before or after eating high-fiber foods to prevent them from interfering with the absorption of your synthetic thyroid hormone.

4. Fatty Foods

Fats have been found to disrupt the body's ability to absorb thyroid hormone replacement medicines. Fats may also interfere with the thyroid's ability to produce hormone as well. Some health care professionals recommend that you cut out all fried foods and reduce your intake of fats from sources such as butter, mayonnaise, margarine, and fatty cuts of meat.

5. Sugary Foods

Hypothyroidism can cause the body's metabolism to slow down. That means it's easy to put on pounds if you aren't careful. "You want to avoid the foods with excess amounts of sugar because it's a lot of calories with no nutrients. It's best to reduce the amount of sugar you eat or try to eliminate it completely from your diet.

6. Processed Foods

"Processed foods tend to have a lot of sodium, and people with hypothyroidism should avoid sodium. Having an underactive thyroid increases a person's risk for high blood pressure, and too much sodium further increases this risk. Read the Nutrition Facts label on the packaging of processed foods to find options lowest in sodium. People with an increased risk for high blood pressure should restrict their sodium intake to 1,500 milligrams a day.

7. Excess Fiber

Getting enough fiber is good for you, but too much can complicate your hypothyroidism treatment. Guidelines currently recommend that older adults take in 20 to 35 grams of fiber a day. Amounts of dietary fiber from whole grains, vegetables, fruits, beans, and legumes that go above that level affect your digestive system and can interfere with absorption of thyroid hormone replacement drugs. If you're on a high-fiber diet, ask your doctor if you need a higher dose of thyroid medication. Your maintenance dose may need to be increased

8. Coffee

Caffeine has been found to block absorption of thyroid hormone replacement. "People who were taking their thyroid medication with their morning coffee had uncontrollable thyroid levels, and researchers couldn't figure it out. 'Only take your medication with water.'" You should wait at least 30 minutes after taking your medication before having your coffee.

9.Alcohol

Alcohol consumption can wreak havoc on both thyroid hormone levels in the body and the ability of the thyroid to produce hormone. Alcohol appears to have a toxic effect on the thyroid gland and suppresses the ability of the body to use thyroid hormone. Ideally, people with hypothyroidism should cut out alcohol completely or drink in careful moderation. EDH
  • izzy214
    Options
    Scale Not Moving

When it comes to weight loss, portion size is just as important as eating smart.

Just because something is healthy doesn’t give you free reign to overfill your plate with the stuff. In fact, many nutritious foods—like avocados, oatmeal, quinoa, dark chocolate, nuts and nut butters—can lead to weight gain when eaten in the wrong amounts. Next time you’re whipping up a meal, take note of these portion control cues: A helping of nut butter or shredded cheese should be no larger than a ping-pong ball; a true serving of rice and pasta is about the size of your fist; and lean meats should be about the size of a deck of cards.

Eat any more than the recommended serving size and you risk packing on the pounds
  • gabriele01
    gabriele01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday to all!

My stats for last week:

Height:5'10

Start Weight (29th June):284
    Goal Weight (14th Sept): 249

29th June:284
    6th July: 282
    13th July: 278
    20nd July: 273
    27th July: 270
    3rd August : 265
    10th August: 262
    17th August: 259
    24th August:
    31st August:
    7th September:
    14th September:

Weight goal for this week: -3 pounds
    Weight lost/gained this past week: -3 pounds
    Total weight lost since 6/16/2015: 42 pounds
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Name: Amy
    Height:5'7

Start Weight (29th June):140
    Goal Weight (14th Sept):128

29th June:140
    6th July: 140
    13th July: 139
    20nd July: 137
    27th July: 133.4
    3rd Aug: 132.6
    10th Aug: 130.6
    17th Aug: 131.6 (oops)
    24th Aug:
    31st Aug:
    7th Sept:
    14th Sept:

Weight goal for this week: 0 pounds
    Weight lost/gained this week: +1 lb

So I survived a weekend at our county fair. Yesterday I consumed a lot of salty foods so if I were a betting lady I would say I'll be back down to 130.6 tomorrow. My goal for next week is -2 lbs.
    If any one wants a little more encouragement please add me. My goal starting in September is to add muscle and decrease fat %. At that point I might change my weight goals to inches. With the research that I have done I am ready to take a step back from the scale and start taking measurements.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    izzy214 wrote: »
    Up and walked 3.5 miles and had a good breakfast, ready for the day. I am feeling great! B)

Nice work, Izzy!! That is awesome!

• Momb4me
    Momb4me Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Name: Jacqueline
    Height: 5'4

Start Weight: 173 (starting now again - I have come from 216)
    Goal Weight: 158 for the challenge - 150 my main goal

August 7th: 173 (stayed the same)
    August 14th: 172
    August 21st:
    August 28th:

September 5th:
    September 12th:

Goal - 2lbs per week!

I look forward to the challenge.
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Staring weight (for challenge): 215
    Goal weight (for challenge): 199

7/11: 215
    7/18: 212
    7/25: 212

8/2: 209.5
    8/9: 207.5
    8/17: 206

Weight loss goal for this week: 1 lb
    Actual loss: 1.5 lbs

Down 9 lbs for the challenge! (39 lbs since 3/1)

I have 7 more lbs to go to get to ONEderland and 5 weeks to do it. My 47th birthday is 9/25 and I am DETERMINED to get there!!!!

Weight loss goal for next week: 2 lbs

• GemmieH
    GemmieH Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, here is my update:

Start Weight (3 July): 175
    Goal Weight (14th Sept): 163

3 July: 175
    7th July: 173
    14th July:170
    20nd July: 165
    27th July:168
    4 August: 166
    10 August: 166
    15 August: 163

Weight goal for this week: to stay the same as it's my birthday weekend so I know I won't be sticking to plan
    Weight lost/gained this week: -3lb!!!!!!!!!

I cannot express just how happy I am with this loss. Ive hit my target and I'm 1lb off my wedding weight, hoping to lose that by the weekend and hopefully this has allowed me time to get back to this after the weekend celebrations.

Hope everyone is having a good week