Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Options

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful that my car is still running despite problems and that I have a job interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

ooooooh, positive vibes going your way! My best girlfriend just landed a part-time job she applied for, and starts today.... may the force be with you.
  • 68myra
    Options
    I had a great interview today.

YAY! for great interviews! :)
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today, I am grateful for my "arsenal" of health care professionals. Pain woke me up at 3am, but i am grateful to have so many avenues of assistance to employ. I believe I'll start with my favorite yoga teacher, and go from there. Happy Friday, everyone!
  • ShirleyAC61
    ShirleyAC61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 68myra!! You are up at this time doing yoga? I just got up on put a pot of coffee on. Been out of my sleeping pills for three days now. Finally got my prescription in yesterday afternoon. I'll have to go get it filled today so I can sleep all night and not wake up every hour looking at the clock. Had such a great workout yesterday. I go to Great Life Gym on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Sunday is my free day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I walk 5 miles. When I go to Great Life I ride the bike 10 miles, then go to the weight machines and do 8 different machines. Just started that this week. So I started out with 20 pound weights, so I wouldn't get so much pain. I did 2 sets of 30 on each machine. Accept there is this one were you lift up until your elbows are right at my head. Gosh!!! That was very strain full. Well I'm going to go weigh on my Scaledown scales and have some co
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful to have had a second interview for a job I want. It went well but it was a live video conference and couldn't help be think "they look so young". Hopefully they didn't decide that I was "too old". Had good rapport with two of the three. Hope I'm wrong about the third. Won't know for 2 - 4 weeks.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    That's a tough few weeks, for sure, I've been there. Stay busy :) I hope you get it, gaylebodine :)

I'm grateful for this thread, bc it reminds me to think about things to be grateful for :)

Also that it was an absolutely gorgeous day, and that my knee (which has been acting up during workouts) didn't complain too much, even over a couple of long walks.
  • 68myra
    Options
    Good Morning 68myra!! You are up at this time doing yoga? I just got up on put a pot of coffee on. Been out of my sleeping pills for three days now. Finally got my prescription in yesterday afternoon. I'll have to go get it filled today so I can sleep all night and not wake up every hour looking at the clock. Had such a great workout yesterday. I go to Great Life Gym on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Sunday is my free day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I walk 5 miles. When I go to Great Life I ride the bike 10 miles, then go to the weight machines and do 8 different machines. Just started that this week. So I started out with 20 pound weights, so I wouldn't get so much pain. I did 2 sets of 30 on each machine. Accept there is this one were you lift up until your elbows are right at my head. Gosh!!! That was very strain full. Well I'm going to go weigh on my Scaledown scales and have some co
    Hi Shirley! Hehe.... I was up early....looking FORWARD to yoga class at 9am. I have recently discovered that yoga with a teacher is quite different than yoga with a DVD :-)
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today, I am grateful for sunshine and the opportunity to play with my younger kids, while they still want to play with me :-)
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for great art making buddies!
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting in a walk.
    Today I am grateful for yesterday's rain.
    Today I am grateful for my sis moving here.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the patience to let things happen in their own time.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for coffee with my friend Sandra, having just enough money for needed groceries and a new project.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my family and for my dad staying strong during his cancer battle <3
  • 68myra
    Options

Today I am grateful for my family and for my dad staying strong during his cancer battle <3

Awww, best wishes for your dad's health!
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today, I am grateful to learn the following on a different thread on MFP: fruit + veggie = freggie! Seems like a no brainer, but since we post from all over the world, my first thought was that it was a cultural thing, lol! Freggie! I like it!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Freggie, that's new to me, and cute. Today I'm grateful that my outlook is still optimistic despite hearing that I didn't get the job I thought I was going to. Something even better waits!
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today, I am grateful that my sciatica pain is soft tissue related, and not spinal.
  • 68myra
    Options
    Freggie, that's new to me, and cute. Today I'm grateful that my outlook is still optimistic despite hearing that I didn't get the job I thought I was going to. Something even better waits!

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I've been there. So glad to hear of your optimism. :)
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful that I got a part time job and that I got my classes sorted out for Nov-Feb teaching for the free school.
  • 68myra
    Options
    yay for part time jobs :)

Today, I am very grateful that nobody was shot at MSU today. My dear friend's daughter attends there, and had a very frightening experience, but it's over now, and the campus police handled the situation professionally. whew.