for those of you who are scared to eat whatever you want...

Options
I love posts from people 'like me' (I hate veggies)
so I thought i would offer my own encouragement, mostly because i looked at my diary yesterday and could not help but giggle at how bad it was.

I had 'only' lost .4 lbs from monday to thursday morning. Yesterday I ate chicken nugget school lunch with my 6 year old, little Caesars for dinner, snickers, chocolate chip muffins, and an ice cream cone. LOL it was pretty awful, but it fit in to my calorie goal. This morning i had lost 1.8 lbs from the day before.

i'm not saying it is healthy! i'm just saying from a calories in calories out perspective..you don't have to cut anything out. moderation is your friend! I have a long way to go, and most of my days won't be that nutritionally void, but some will..and I believe I will still reach my goal.

AND IT WAS ALL YUMMY.

Replies

• bfit172
    bfit172 Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Moderation yes but just remember your body processes the calories from sugary and fatty foods differently than the calories from lean meat and foods with higher nutritional values. But if it's working for you and you're happy more power to you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be healthy to eat an entire diet of junk food, but you could lose weight that way.

I cannot believe how many people managed to get through school and life without ever hearing the whole calorie thing. But it's good to repeat it for them. :)
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nutritionally they are not equal. But for weight loss they are.
    My primary focus right now is just portion control. So, yes..im happy!!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    bfit172 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to write up a post of a dozen reasons Authority Nutrition's listicles are garbage every time I see them linked on here.
    Authority Nutrition has an article about "evidence backed" diet tips, that includes ones that contradict each other like "drink whey protein" and "don't drink calories."
    I'll just link to this instead because it is Alan Aragon and he's both informative and funny:
    https://www.facebook.com/AuthorityNutrition/posts/167306283430017?comment_id=482791&reply_comment_id=482832&total_comments=32&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}
  • bfit172
    bfit172 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Reaching your ideal goal is great. My only concern is that if your not getting necessary nutrients from your diet you may be at a weight you want but beware of the side effects of not having all the nutrients your body needs. You could be eating enough calories but say your not getting enough iron or vitamin d, fiber etc from the foods you eat; you could experience fatigue, constipation, light headedness and so on.

Many people don't watch what they eat and are "fine". But then they wonder why they have dry skin or can't sleep. Your diet impacts more than you think. My cousin cut out dairy directed by a doctor and his dry skin cleared up. While this may not be relevant to you I'm just trying to enlighten and inform that diet is more than just calories. And I'm using the word diet as in whatever you eat not "I'm on a diet" type of way.
  • glitzy196
    Options
    But..that was not the point of the thread. Im never going to eat vegetables unless i get a tongue transplant or something. And the ones i do like..well lets just say they come in a can.

For basically my whole life i basically thought i was doomed to be fat because i don't like (read hate) most healthy food. I have really strong food adversions.

So my health aside, i am pretty sure i get enough iron based on the amount of bread, cereal, and red meat i eat..anyways. you can eat all the food.
  • TylEulenspiegel
    TylEulenspiegel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between tearing you a new one for eating that kind of crap (AND for letting your child eating chicken nuggets, unless they're the new 'healthy' kind that probably don't taste good) or jotting down everything you ate that day so that *I* can follow that diet for a day and have a really fun dining experience and hopefully a similar weight loss!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    just remember your body processes the calories from sugary and fatty foods differently than the calories from lean meat and foods with higher nutritional values.

No, it doesn't.
  • Mellieanne1019
    Mellieanne1019 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Drink more meal replacement drinks or protein drinks if you do not like veggies... Or get a diet that has loads of fiber in it ( which breakdown slower than non fiber stuff! Request me j can give you tips! Nutrition is crucial!
  • glitzy196
    Options
    I'm torn between tearing you a new one for eating that kind of crap (AND for letting your child eating chicken nuggets, unless they're the new 'healthy' kind that probably don't taste good) or jotting down everything you ate that day so that *I* can follow that diet for a day and have a really fun dining experience and hopefully a similar weight loss!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lol my kid packed his lunch lol.
  • glitzy196
    Options
    Drink more meal replacement drinks or protein drinks if you do not like veggies... Or get a diet that has loads of fiber in it ( which breakdown slower than non fiber stuff! Request me j can give you tips! Nutrition is crucial!
    Im pretty happy. Lol do fiber one bars count?? Sea salt carmel is yum yum
  • glitzy196
    Options

It was fabulous, my diary is open!!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    But..that was not the point of the thread. Im never going to eat vegetables unless i get a tongue transplant or something. And the ones i do like..well lets just say they come in a can.

For basically my whole life i basically thought i was doomed to be fat because i don't like (read hate) most healthy food. I have really strong food adversions.

So my health aside, i am pretty sure i get enough iron based on the amount of bread, cereal, and red meat i eat..anyways. you can eat all the food.
    Have you tried all the vegetables and prepared them in several different ways? I'm sure you know that there are a million things you can do with corn and that it tastes a little different, depending on how you make it. ALL the veggies are like that. Prepare them different ways and they taste a little different. There are so many veggies and so many ways to prepare them! I'll bet that if you worked at it, you'd find more veggies that you like.

I'm not going to lecture you on your health or diet. That's your beezwax, not mine. Just tossing out the idea that maybe vegetables can be included in "all the food," if you want to try to include them. I once had trouble with veggies, too, so I know that some of us veggie-haters can turn a new lettuce leaf.

Food for thought. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

What's wrong with chicken nuggets?!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Moderation yes but just remember your body processes the calories from sugary and fatty foods differently than the calories from lean meat and foods with higher nutritional values. But if it's working for you and you're happy more power to you.
    Your body generally breaks everything down in constituent molecules to use, and it is impossible to know one molecule of the same type from another (give or take atoms that have unusual neutron isotopes).
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

What's wrong with chicken nuggets?!

Apparently they are full of sugar and fat which apparently is metabolized differently than say a protein from some sort of lean meat which apparently isn't in a chicken nugget.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Who'd of thought Bloomberg was on MFP?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    It can take 3 days for food to "digest" through your body.
    While in your intestines things are still getting absorbed.
    Rarely do processed foods go out the next day through the system.
    Absorption of calories is not instant.

3 days?? What are you eating??