for those of you who are scared to eat whatever you want...

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    And again, who the hell is advocating a 1500 calorie Oreo diet?

There are so many varieties of oreos out these days, at least you'd never get bored.

<----on an oreo kick

(Plus there's the twinkie diet guy.)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

There are so many varieties of oreos out these days, at least you'd never get bored.

<----on an oreo kick

So far today, I've had the hankering for beer, bacon, oreos, and pizza.....
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

<----on an oreo kick

Sounds like my typical Friday night ;)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    No, i don't like them because the texture and smell of them literally revolt me. Like actual sick heaving. Its ridiculous. It has been this way my entire life, my parents just had to make me my own version of what they were eating, homeade casseroles, pasta, all of that. .yummy as long as they don't have my trigger foods in them. And as far as processed being a preference ehh..i love my pizza. But if you wanted to half one with me and put say green peppers and onions..which are my strongest adversions..i wouldn't touch the pizza with a ten foot pole. The visual and smell is enough to make me sick. My husband likes stir fry, and all kinds of veggies, he cooks them on a skillet outside on the grill. And yes, its that bad. I freaking hate it..thankfully they are doing a study at mayo right now and have actually had some break thtoughs on at least the actual existence of hyper tasters, until then people will just think i am being difficult.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/01/pickiness-the-secret-eating-disorder-nobody-s-talking-about.html

It sounds like you have more going on than just being a little picky. If a food makes you physically ill you can't just suck it up and eat it. I think it's great that you are watching portions and losing weight. I'm assuming at 35 years old if you had any major deficiencies you'd show some sign of them so you will probably be okay health wise.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

<----on an oreo kick

I wanted to go straight for the snickers (I actually have an open bag of minis at home), chocolate chip muffins and ice cream. :)

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »

<----on an oreo kick

Sounds like my typical Friday night ;)

I think the pizza and oreos may be a possibility for dinner tonight (I've got 1100 calories to spend). I don't think I can haz beer though, I'm not sure if I can drink with my meds. :(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I'm torn between tearing you a new one for eating that kind of crap (AND for letting your child eating chicken nuggets, unless they're the new 'healthy' kind that probably don't taste good) or jotting down everything you ate that day so that *I* can follow that diet for a day and have a really fun dining experience and hopefully a similar weight loss!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lol my kid packed his lunch lol.

Hey, can he pack my lunch?

You're doing fine eating what you can tolerate. I'm sure people will deride my lack of fruits and veggies, or that they're not certain types, or come from a can, or are dried.

Next time you have Little Caesars, let me know. I haven't had it in decades.

its so good, and i was craving really bad wed night, so i looked to see how many calories i had left and turns out if i got cheese i could have THREE slices. which ended up feeling like a lot of food, and honestly after the second slice I didn't need anymore, but i had logged it so.....i stuffed my face.

and i had to pieces left for the next day. it was sheer gluttonous non cheating JOY.

I also find it weird that people trying to lose weight on here eat so many veggies, like how the crap did you even get fat? were you actually going over your calories with all your healthy choices? i mean i pizza-ed, pancaked, and donuted my way to 220 lbs. happy I am now in onderland. but barely lol!

Why is it weird to get fat overeating a lot of veggies? I got fat eating about 6-10 servings of veg and fruit a day. But I didn't eat just vegetables, and vegetables don't negate calories. Olive oil and wine have a lot of calories no matter how many vegetables I eat with them.

And pasta, bread, and cheese, don't forget those!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm torn between tearing you a new one for eating that kind of crap (AND for letting your child eating chicken nuggets, unless they're the new 'healthy' kind that probably don't taste good) or jotting down everything you ate that day so that *I* can follow that diet for a day and have a really fun dining experience and hopefully a similar weight loss!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lol my kid packed his lunch lol.

Hey, can he pack my lunch?

You're doing fine eating what you can tolerate. I'm sure people will deride my lack of fruits and veggies, or that they're not certain types, or come from a can, or are dried.

Next time you have Little Caesars, let me know. I haven't had it in decades.

its so good, and i was craving really bad wed night, so i looked to see how many calories i had left and turns out if i got cheese i could have THREE slices. which ended up feeling like a lot of food, and honestly after the second slice I didn't need anymore, but i had logged it so.....i stuffed my face.

and i had to pieces left for the next day. it was sheer gluttonous non cheating JOY.

I also find it weird that people trying to lose weight on here eat so many veggies, like how the crap did you even get fat? were you actually going over your calories with all your healthy choices? i mean i pizza-ed, pancaked, and donuted my way to 220 lbs. happy I am now in onderland. but barely lol!

Why is it weird to get fat overeating a lot of veggies? I got fat eating about 6-10 servings of veg and fruit a day. But I didn't eat just vegetables, and vegetables don't negate calories. Olive oil and wine have a lot of calories no matter how many vegetables I eat with them.

And pasta, bread, and cheese, don't forget those!

I don't actually eat a lot of bread, but yes, all of it. Eating vegetables does not mean you can't overeat. Oh how I wish it did.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    ...Learning a new way of eating is something that can be conquered in steps. Right now, the OP is addressing HOW MUCH she's eating. Maybe her next step will be tackling WHAT she's eating.

I'm going to try to limit my involvement to this impending trainwreck by simply agreeing with the above and departing.

• 125lbshereicome
    125lbshereicome Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Remember this: a carbohydrate and a protein expand 4 times in our body and fat expands 9 times. A cake and a steak with brown rice can have the same calories, but they won't have the same impact. You can eat 1000 cal of chocolates everyday and still lose weight (you only need a deficit to lose weight), but you won't be as full as you are with a healthy meal and you will have lots of fat cells. But that's up to you, if you don't mind the skinny fat, etc.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Remember this: a carbohydrate and a protein expand 4 times in our body and fat expands 9 times. A cake and a steak with brown rice can have the same calories, but they won't have the same impact. You can eat 1000 cal of chocolates everyday and still lose weight (you only need a deficit to lose weight), but you won't be as full as you are with a healthy meal and you will have lots of fat cells. But that's up to you, if you don't mind the skinny fat, etc.

YOU wouldn't feel full. I would feel full on 1000 calories of chocolate.

AFAI understand it, carbs, protein, and fat don't "expand" in our bodies 4 and 9 times respectively. Those numbers are just the calories per gram of each stated macro.
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi OP I'm with you. My family eats some veggies, but we have days that we don't. Our choices don't affect anyone else's except that they're in awe of how much weight I have lost without the usual oh I'm on a diet misery, because I'm allowed to eat whatever I want to in my calories.
    Please do not let anyone give you guilt about of your poor child's eating habits blah blah. I'm sure that those who are so high and righteous can go suck an organic, free range egg. Phooey.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

YOU wouldn't feel full. I would feel full on 1000 calories of chocolate.

AFAI understand it, carbs, protein, and fat don't "expand" in our bodies 4 and 9 times respectively. Those numbers are just the calories per gram of each stated macro.

I would totally feel full on a thousand calories of chocolate.

In fact there is a dessert nacho at buffalo wild wings..the entire plate is 1700 calorories. I get 1470 for the day. So i could order it, and give 1/4 of it to someone else..and still be on my diet. And give no *kitten* about it. I have been thinking about it for a month. I won't actually go there to get it, but..if im invited..im all in. And people can say "wow, look at that girl eating all that yummy food" and i can be all like "im watching what i eat, im on s diet" the thing is the wrap i usually would get plus the fries (pre diet) is exactly the same amount of calories and this glorious thing they make.

I do notice sometimes up in these parts the "eat all the spinach" people..kinda seem cranky.

I will take skinny fat, over fat fat for now.
    But i could work out, and still have muscles..and not eat broccoli. I believe this with my whole heart.

I sound awful lol.
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love vegetables, but I also love your thread.

The reason? My diets always fail because I try to be too "good", I eat the salads and the veg and skip the pizza/ice cream as I think it'll help me lose more weight if I eat "clean".

This time around I'm having my favourite foods but fitting them into my calorie goal, and I feel so much better, and am probably more likely to succeed.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a bit baffled at all of these "I don't like vegetables" threads that keep popping up. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of kinds of vegetables on this big blue globe of ours, and I find it impossible to believe that anyone has tried and actively dislikes every single one, either raw or prepared every possible way each of them could be prepared. That's just nonsense. It's inane to say that because you tried a stalk of broccoli or a bite of cauliflower, that you dislike all vegetables. Unbelievable.
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's a phobia rather than disliking the food, although it goes hand in hand.

I am phobic of spiders, they might taste delicious, but I'm never going to want to eat them am I? :neutral:
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm only sorry you don't like veggies...
  • Pinesgurl
    Pinesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Verrrrry interesting discussion. I sometimes indulge like eating spicy chicken tenders and Cajun fries at Popeyes but I eat less everywhere else that day and come under calories and then I eat light for a day or two more. I do this kind of food rarely and when, well, I MUST have it. I'm eating for my lifetime and now and then it's okay. But it isn't healthy food. I know that. I eat it and I move right back on my path. Anyone want to see my diary, please friend me.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    ... there is a dessert nacho at buffalo wild wings..the entire plate is 1700 calorories. I get 1470 for the day. So i could order it, and give 1/4 of it to someone else..and still be on my diet. And give no *kitten* about it. I have been thinking about it for a month. I won't actually go there to get it, but..if im invited..im all in. And people can say "wow, look at that girl eating all that yummy food" and i can be all like "im watching what i eat, im on s diet" ...

You are an evil genius. mwah ha ha ha ha.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Your body just digests food. It doesn't have two different pathways for processed and natural foods or something ridiculous like that.

I'm sorry, but you should educate yourself. All contemporary humans have two stomachs. One digests processed food, and at least 87% of such food processed by the processed food stomach is instantly turned to fat (95% if you have insulin in your system when the processing occurs). The other digests unprocessed foods, as well as boneless, skinless chicken breast, bacon, almond milk (including store-bought with carageenan), Kind bars, and Chipotle. I think those sugar-free Haribo gummi bears use this one as well, as well as any homemade juice (but not store-bought, that's Satan's juice). The beautiful thing is that if your non-processed food stomach is processing you cannot store fat, and a full 50% of the calories from foods processed by this stomach will go to make muscle if you are lifting weight. That's why people who eat lots of unprocessed foods and no processed ones have to be super careful to do only toning exercises or they will bulk up.

I have a link from authority nutrition that proves this.

55ebaccd614021eac2e1ce4f79bf84e7.jpg