What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NO! Comidas! Fat gordas?!!!!
    Diets! Please! No!!!!
    Chickens fries!! No!

NO!/ NO!/NO!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    Went out for breakfast with some friends! This was potato cake eggs Benedict. Yummy!
    I LOVE eggs benny!

Went to a cooking class at Sorrentino's with my coworkers for a team building event. We made:
    • Appetizer- Fresh tomato and artichoke bruschetta
    • Salad - Panzanella Salad with Tomato, Roasted Peppers, Capers and Olives
    • Protein - Filet of Salmon with pan roasted fennel and spicy chive whipped cream
    • Starch - Risotto with Parmesan and Lemon
    • Dessert - Dark chocolate fondue with cookies and fruit

Forgot to take a picture of all the other courses, but here was the main dish:
    uglmqkrary8n.jpg

No! ChickensFRY!! AguaCOooks only!! Please fatgordas!!!

NO!N9!N0!!!
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    aldousmom wrote: »
    I have the flu...meh.
    But, I made my favorite miso soup, with soba noodles, mushrooms, and spinach.
    Happy Herbivore's recipe for the soup plus mushrooms, 128 calories, 1.5g fat, 28g carbs, 5.2g fiber, 7.4g sugars, 5.1g protein
    Add 2oz soba noodles and 2c chopped fresh spinach

IMG_20121221_112333.jpg

This looks lovely!!
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    mango raspberry smoothie

tumblr_mfgcnfvUuk1qih32ko1_400.jpg

Yummmyyy
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    All, for those who are newer to this thread, please try to refrain from pic quoting, keep the recipe inquiries or comments to text quoting only. This thread has grown and grown and every pic makes the pages harder to load. We have so many beautiful pics of yummy food, but we would rather save the space for new meals not repeat photos.

Thanks! :)
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Made a huge plate of turkey black bean nachos after getting home from a phish festival! 53o90xl24t2v.jpg
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Some food from my short trip to Savannah!

Nothing fancy no frills delicious breakfast! So many places were packed with lines out the door. My hub and I found a small spot off the tourist trap called Henry's. A diner were you can sit at the bar and watch your food being cooked. Awesome creamy grits, damn good sausage patties, 3 eggs, waffle, and crispy bacon. Yum!
    68t5jy8cthlu.jpg

This shrimp and grits nearly made me cry tears of joy. Stone ground parmesan grits with roasted tomato, country ham, in a butter reduction sauce and some juicy tasty local shrimp. At the River House. Served with their bread was a blue cheese chive butter SO GOOD. I'll definitely be making that next time I grill some steak. It would be perfect on top.
    hn3cmmgojays.jpg

The Crystal Beer Parlor is known for their crab stew and burgers. Naturally, I had to try both. On their menu it says (for anything with crab in it), "We only use fresh crab - expect some shells." This crab stew was so good! I did get a tiny shell at one point, but totally ok with it.
    0xahaj57sd19.jpg

Next was the burger and sweet potato fries! Come to mama! I got the Big Blue Burger: 1/2lb ground chuck with blue cheese, bacon, mushrooms sautéed in port wine and garlic. Horseradish cream spread on bun. Lord have mercy! It was gooood!
    l0yk83fbk4bt.jpg

Next at Crystal Beer Parlor was their "Gawgia" peach cobbler - that's how they spelled it on the menu. Haha So I had to get it! It was good, however, I'm not a huge fan over overly sweet desserts and the crust was sugar in your face, but that's usually how cobbler is. The peaches were fantastic though.
    9j1raklvu12i.jpg

My last meal in Savannah was at Soho South Cafè for brunch. Very cute chic place. I had their Eggs Savannah: jumbo lump crab cake (SO yummy), poached egg, hollandaise, grilled asparagus, cheesy grits, and English muffin. Crab cake + poached egg = YES! So much yes.
    9fczuge9vvtu.jpg

I also went to dinner at The Pink House but didn't take a picture of my food because I was too busy shoving the food in my face. It was fantastic! It's very popular, but worth the fuss. My hubby got their pork tenderloin and it was the best we've ever had. I had a pecan crusted chicken breast in a blackberry sauce so amazing! Their collards were out of this world too.

TL; DR version: Go to Savannah and eat all the things!! :)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Pizza Margherita and a fig, sautéed red onion, goat cheese, and mozz pizza. Both topped with arugula, prosciutto, and a balsamic fig reduction. :)

wow... I need to have lunch with you, that's a hell of a meal :)

Home made chicken breast wrap - goat cheese, chicken breast, romaine, tomato, red onion with homemade cole slaw made with a dijon mustard and balsamic vinegsvbc6jc52k1c.jpg
    ar.
  • Sjarnold1
    Sjarnold1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    I feel bad re-creating the thread with nothing to add, so here is the last meal I posted:

8282938337_35a8ceb761.jpg

Pork chop with Noodle Salad.

Omg *drooling*! Recipe please
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Two recent meals.....

Tonight's Dinner - Shrimp and Grits for one! (Husband is out of town :( ) Never new I liked grits, now trying to find new ways to eat them.
    7gvy48ojo3x1.jpg

Quickie Dinner from the other night - Angel Hair with Chicken, Asparagus and Parmesan
    113vky1ze3kc.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti, shrimp, heirloom tomato, burrata

s6zyujzpajpt.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Matcha black sesame cake. Mont Blanc cream puff. Chocolate custard brioche. 4p8xrtvr6b9o.jpg
    w0n63bpejar4.jpg
    iv1e3pt3n5dn.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    6850fgwbxk37.jpg
    83xpsnvzvvmc.jpg
    Tonight's dinner was cilantro lime grilled chicken with avocado salsa, quinoa with spinach, butter brown sugar carrots, cottage cheese and some home made banana peanut butter ice cream. Yum Yum!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    probably shouldn't read at end of night...hungry.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Deep fried cheesecake topped with Reese's peanut butter cups!
    s8d5f1ce1o9p.jpg
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Blueberry Grits made with Vanilla Almond Milk, butter and brown sugar. It may not look pretty, but it is dang delicious.
    vmnd68xotb0e.jpg

• tina_belg
    tina_belg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the simplest things are the yummiest - my brekkie of soft boiled egg with sliced beets & a light drizzle of sesame sauce.
    4do2by99rrf2.jpg
  • lilie710
    lilie710 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I´m lost... all I see pics of are rice, pasta, and potatos... and fried meats...
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the caramel cupcakes... (already in my belly)

fdjdgreihnke.jpg