What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• 68togo
    68togo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk past FOUR fast food restaurants and I was not tempted to go in.
  • Gozergirl
    Gozergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The fast food commercials do nothing for me anymore.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in at least six months!
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tried on my wedding dress from 2012. It was comically large on me now. I looked at the tag- size 18. To be fair, I believe I had to get it taken in a bit because I've never worn a size 18 pant and even size 16s weren't getting too snug but I currently wear a size 8!!!

cwgffcolgpg0.jpg
    2ipquwncv2sh.jpg
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    A ring that I habitually wear was originally bought for my left ring finger but now I wear it on the middle finger and I found today that it even fits on my (bigger) right middle finger. I reckon that's about 2-3 ring sizes lost.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Packed up 3 pair of jeans, 2 dresses, a skirt and a suit to donate and put on a size smaller waist cinching dress and LOOKED MAHVELOUS!
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been walking for an hour in my hilly neighborhood for 4 days straight. Feeling good about my health journey!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    A dress that was tight 4 weeks ago now fits me comfortably.
    One inch down from my hips and 1.5 inch down around my thighs!!
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't have to take omeprazole anymore.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Size 12!!!!!!
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Coming out from the shower to find my wife looking at me with a hungry smile on her face and says "I feel like a kid in a candy shop".
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Was at lake at 6:15 this morning. NO ONE there. Had entire lake to myself. Swam out to the 750m marker and noticed two large swans heading my direction from across the island .... they were trying to cross my path and then stopped and decided to swim about a meter away from me. For about 50m we swam together. Just the three of us. The sun was cracking over the tree line, lighting the water rippling from each stroke I did. This entire scene lit right up with a morning golden glow. Just a really beautiful and majestic moment that was brought to me by having a lifestyle upgrade of focusing on weight management and fitness.

That's really lovely. Being able to recognise and appreciate a moment like that is so important.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Ordered a tunic dress online and made sure that it was a couple of inches smaller than my actual measurements. It arrived and it was HUGE. Decided to try on other dresses in that size when taking it back. The fitted ones just fit me.

So I've bought an even smaller size to aim for. Never in a million years thought I'd be heading for clothes sizes in single didgets.
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Went for a 45 minute run the other day, felt so good at minute 44 that I kept going to 60! Now I want to work up to 90:)
  • Sparkles281
    Sparkles281 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First NSV would have to be getting accepted to my chosen program for school! But in the process of packing I tried on about 5 pairs of pants that used to fit me before I gained the extra weight...and they fit. I honestly couldn't believe it was real so I tried them all on twice. And now today, a bathing suit I bought the winter that totally didn't fit at all is wearable. All in all, I gotta say it's been a pretty great 2 weeks! :)

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow, such great posts everyone.
    I was school pants shopping for my son and found me a pair of jeans that are a size 12 used to be a very tight 16 and they look very small to me, but I fit (barely). Hopefully I will fit comfortably in them by the time it gets cooler. Also saw a super cute maxi skirt at jcpenny's and got it in a small because it had an elastic waist and fit great. The medium looked really big to me. I need to get my elliptical done this morning. Keep up the encouragement by posting.
  • Gretzmo
    Gretzmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had to use the next notch in for my watch strap.

I like this one, I am just getting started on a long journey but noticed recently I need to have link that I had put in my watch taken back out because it is too loose now.
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Was a bit disappointed at my weekly weigh in this week as my loss slowed down significantly but instead of feeling sorry for myself and getting a takeaway or something like I would have before, leading to a slippery slope, I have tightened up my logging & macros and kept going! Roll on next week's weigh in!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Push-ups on my toes! I haven't been able to do that in a while!
  • MissyMilda
    MissyMilda Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This thread is so amazing!

I joined a gym last week and have gone pretty regularly since then (whenever I was wavering I read a few pages of this!). My lack of upper body strength in particular surprised me at my assessment. One of the exercises I've been given to do every other session is tricep dips from the bench. I could only manage about 5 with difficulty at the assessment before I hauled myself back onto the bench panting, so I was too embarrassed to do them at the gym in front of all these super-fit people who need the bench for heavy lifting, so at the start I just did them at home off some furniture (and not very successfully at that!). Then on Monday I went to the gym late and as it approached closing time there was hardly anyone there, so I did my dips off the bench and went home quite pleased because I had completed the day's programme properly.

My NSV is that tonight I went earlier when it was quite busy and after steeling myself, asked for help readjusting the bench to level (I wasn't shown how when I joined) and did all my dips there, surrounded by people. I even managed a full rep (15)! I'm so pleased at how much better I was compared to a week ago, and how I didn't let myself get intimidated like before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!