Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member

Well yeah I am terrified of gymming coz I immediately put on 20 kgs after I quit. Now I just walk a lot and I have started jogging to keep my metabolism up and I am also unemployed so can't go back to gymming :(

Then do body weight exercises. Buns Guns and Abs, squats, push ups and lying down leg lifts! Along with walking and jogging you will build muscle.
  • JodesP93
    JodesP93 Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2015
  • livluvlift
    livluvlift Posts: 19 Member
    Bump, loving this thread!
  • SamGonsalves2013
    SamGonsalves2013 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm not too sure how to post pictures here however I have a link to an article that pumpup wrote about me with some progress pictures...I'm not jacked or anything but way stronger than before :)

http://blog.pumpup.com/post/gaining-muscle-is-a-great-thing-just-ask-samantha-pumpup-success-stories
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I am 57 years old. I have no idea how much I weigh now. I last weighed around 142 and my goal weight is 125. I got down to 135lbs and was a size 10. Then March 1, 2015 I started doing strong lift 5x5. I then lost 17 inches and am now a size 5-7 depending on fit. I also went from doing 21 to 24 hours of cardio every week to ZERO I only do strong lift 5x5 for an hour every other day. I also changed from eating 1260 calories to 1600 +. I started lifting with a 12.5 lb bar and now lift 109 lbs squat, 100lb sumo squat, bench 83lbs, barbell row 89lbs, over head press 62lbs, and deadlift 137lbs.
    zbeogd7ubivd.jpg
    8f4cic47ydz9.jpg

FABULOUS!! look at that body!! I want that figure when I am 57!! Good job lady!

I'm 27 and I want that figure now!
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    Bumping for inspiration! Would love to see results of people only training with Dumbbells. If that exists lol. That's all I have right now to start out with.

My before and afters - all done with dumbells and bodyweight training.

latest5_zps65d3f474.jpg
    IMG_1077_zps646d7429.jpg
    IMG_1000_zpsc7795571.jpg

wow!!!!! awesome inspiration. Weightlifting totally transforms the body. Love the results
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    votkuhr wrote: »
    Strength in iron! <3 Still trying to lean out the saddlebags. Will get there one day, but I'm in no hurry. :)

Without sounding like a butt hungry sleazy person....

Omfg your butt looks bleeping awesome!

Agreed.
  • JodesP93
    edited August 2015
    psych101 wrote: »
    Updated picture:

10 months after baby
    vs a year of lifting heavy - I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than do cardio...though the occasional run does happen

hhev30r6h42r.jpg

This is an amazing forum everybody looks amazing well done! I thought it would ask here first before starting my own topic.
    Im weight lifting heavy weights 3x15 mostly on machines tiny bit of free weights. I go 4-5 times a week to the gym and do a different muscle group each time. I do 20min of cardio after my weights around twice a week depends if I have time.
    The big question is did you all loose weight whilst weight training on the scales? I haven't seen a change in the scales and I think I see it in my body I think I have much less cellulite but im worried its not doing anything im rubbish at measuring too and my gyms body fat method isn't very accurate

Im eating between 1400-1200 as MPF and TDEE suggests, I think my calories at rest are 1507. My protein is quite high and im getting a low cal protein shake just more my muscle repair. Im currently 68kg at 5ft 1inch and id like to be 60kg

Any advice would be great I need to get it right as im going on holiday in 7 weeks and id like to change my body as much as I can :) Thank you so much

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Lifting 5x per week on a deficit and working with a trainer. I killed it every single session.
    PhotoGrid_1381545395505_zps593a6333.jpg
    IMG_20130809_195151_zps202d6e0e.jpg

My overall results of lifting from start to now.
    IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg

People were telling me in another thread that you cant build muscle in a deficit, this what I am trying to do but I was a bit demotivated by people saying this. I thought I had seen in your thread tat that was what you had done. I'm eating 1500 calories a day, keeping protein high and weight training, (5ft7 and 166lbs), so you think its possible?!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    JodesP93 wrote: »
    Updated picture:

10 months after baby
    vs a year of lifting heavy - I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than do cardio...though the occasional run does happen

hhev30r6h42r.jpg

This is an amazing forum everybody looks amazing well done! I thought it would ask here first before starting my own topic.
    Im weight lifting heavy weights 3x15 mostly on machines tiny bit of free weights. I go 4-5 times a week to the gym and do a different muscle group each time. I do 20min of cardio after my weights around twice a week depends if I have time.
    The big question is did you all loose weight whilst weight training on the scales? I haven't seen a change in the scales and I think I see it in my body I think I have much less cellulite but im worried its not doing anything im rubbish at measuring too and my gyms body fat method isn't very accurate

Im eating between 1400-1200 as MPF and TDEE suggests, I think my calories at rest are 1507. My protein is quite high and im getting a low cal protein shake just more my muscle repair. Im currently 68kg at 5ft 1inch and id like to be 60kg

Any advice would be great I need to get it right as im going on holiday in 7 weeks and id like to change my body as much as I can :) Thank you so much

@JodesP93 you have the same stats as me. Except I'm 71kgs, trying to get to below 60.
    I think you're going ok. I eat about 1500 calories daily. I lift free weights every second day. The same full body workout each session. I hate cardio but run on the dreadmill on my non gym days. I've gone from a tight 16 to a 12 (sometimes a 10).
    Keep up the awesomeness!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Ps I try to eat more protein than carbs. But that's just me
  • JodesP93
    JodesP93 wrote: »
    Updated picture:

10 months after baby

hhev30r6h42r.jpg

@JodesP93 you have the same stats as me. Except I'm 71kgs, trying to get to below 60.
    I think you're going ok. I eat about 1500 calories daily. I lift free weights every second day. The same full body workout each session. I hate cardio but run on the dreadmill on my non gym days. I've gone from a tight 16 to a 12 (sometimes a 10).
    Keep up the awesomeness!!!

Thanks for getting back to me :) Oh that's great are you 5ft 1 too? wow well done! have you lost much weight in going from a 16 to a 12-10, like has it shown on the scales? how long has it taken you if you don't mind me asking? :) ive been lifing for around 2 months but my diet has only been good these last 3 weeks so im only going from then, yes me too I can go over carbs sometimes but my protein has been way above on some days but that doesn't bother me :) Id love to be able to do all over body session but I ache so much the next day I physically cant
  • Karen_can_do_this
    I've only lost 8kgs but lost waaaayyyyy more in size and I've gained so much more confidence!
  • JodesP93
    I've only lost 8kgs but lost waaaayyyyy more in size and I've gained so much more confidence!
    8 kg is around a stone isnt it? 3 dress sizes is amazing for that, how long did it take you? :) you've given me alot hope going to stick at it and hopefully it will work
  • Karen_can_do_this
    I've gone down to about a 12.
  • doublegator
    doublegator Posts: 7 Member
    Great job, ladies!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Weight training has done amazing things to my body. In 5 months:

Lost 10cm from my hips
    Lost 8cm from my waist
    My posture has improved
    My jeans have gone from uk14 to uk10
    Gone from large/xl to medium
    No more bingo wings
    Lost 5kg
    Skin has improved
    Pms symptoms have nearly disappeared completely

I do a full body workout 6 days a week (50mins or so). Now trying to sort my eating and maybe add a bit of cardio to drop more bodyweight by Christmas.
  • dquik
    dquik Posts: 7 Member
    xMallie wrote: »
    I pretty much only lift weights, I do cardio but not nearly as much as my lifting, and in the past 10-11 months I've lost 27kg/ 59lbs
    not close to my goal yet but I'm getting there!
    WEIGHT LIFTING FOR THE WIN!
    11aznzb.jpg
    Side
    dyq59w.png
    Back
    jqq22s.png

Good luck ladies and thank you all for being so inspirational. You are all what keeps me going! <3333

• dquik
    dquik Posts: 7 Member
    Wow! You have some awesome results. Concerned about my tummy area but you give me hope. Shaping up nice. Thank you!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Weight training has done amazing things to my body. In 5 months:

Lost 10cm from my hips
    Lost 8cm from my waist
    My posture has improved
    My jeans have gone from uk14 to uk10
    Gone from large/xl to medium
    No more bingo wings
    Lost 5kg
    Skin has improved
    Pms symptoms have nearly disappeared completely

I do a full body workout 6 days a week (50mins or so). Now trying to sort my eating and maybe add a bit of cardio to drop more bodyweight by Christmas.

Nice job! What full body workout do you do? I love SL5x5. I started walking 5 miles every day because I have a hard time not eating sweets! I need to burn some extra calories so I can lose weight and still indulge occasionally! How many calories do you average in a day?