Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 lbs gone! With pics

AshDHart
AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
I joined MFP May 1. In March my husband was diagnosed with diabetes and instead of going on medication he wanted to make dietary changes and lose weight. Also, in March I was hospitalized with pneumonia and have been on oxygen full time. We both needed to make some serious changes. When I joined I had already lost 11lbs. Total is 30.6!

Since May I have:
Joined MFP.
Lost 20.2 lbs.
Didn't have any chocolate candy.
Cut my sodium to under 2000 mg most days.
Cut my acid reflux medicine by 75%.
Have more energy. I don't feel "weighed" down by all the extra food I was eating.
My skin is looking better.
Found lots of support here! :flowerforyou:

Looking forward to the next 30 lbs gone!

weightloss3.jpg

Replies

• charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Well done and you look so much younger!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Wow! You are doing great! It looks like it's just melting off :) Keep up the good work!
  • Sprinkie09
    Sprinkie09 Posts: 40 Member
    WHOOHOOO!!! Keep up the great work Mama!! :)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Wow your doing so well! You should be really proud of how far youv'e come.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 179 Member
    Congrats on your progress!!! Keep it up, it's great that you have a 'built-in' weight loss partner. Good luck to you both!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    You are doing super and looking good. Great Job, keep your motivation.
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    OMG You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work you can do it. :smile:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    You're doing great - keep up the good work!!!
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Great job and stick with it you are really doing well!!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    You're doing an awesome job!!! Looking good..keep it up!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    WOW!!! You are doing soooooo AMAZING!!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    WOW!!! You are doing soooooo AMAZING!!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Wow.... great job!!!!!
  • Capital_Q
    Capital_Q Posts: 24 Member
    GO GIRL GO!!!! Your joy shows in your bright smile!! :flowerforyou:
  • FANTASTIC!!!! For both you and your husband!! I love that you said you "feel better"! I can't imagine losing weight and not have that feeling! Welcome to MFP! I know you will finds lots of support and encouragement here!! I have. Please feel free to send me a friend invite...................CONGRATULATIONS on your health journey!!
  • Wow! This is so encouraging!
  • good job!! what a difference on the pictures .. .ur looking so much younger and your skin is glowing keep on going girl! never stop!
  • MoniDoug73
    MoniDoug73 Posts: 16
    Great! You look wonderful and what a perfect way to stay a team with your hubby....You guys keep up the good work!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    You are truely a success story. Please keep it up and keep going. I wish you and your husband the best on reaching your health goals. You deserved this appraisal for staying determined and I wish you the very best of luck. I believe you can do it. :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    congrats to both you and you husband on your success thus far
    you look great....much younger & happy :smile:
    keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!