What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    @crazyrvr have you got a link to the recipe for Handvo? That looks amazing!
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Breakfastdrrhfzg2jhhx.jpg

Good ol cream of wheat.
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dinner

2ywgcn3g5cbt.jpg

Homemade avocado/cucumber/jalapeño sushi.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I didn't cook this but it was delicious:
    slcqieo3wx52.png
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Breakfast - Oatmeal made with half water/half vanilla almond milk, 1/2 scoop choccolate protein powder, PB2 and banana

ksqnd7k6vcq1.jpg
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Simple lunch at work, cajun spiced chicken with salad; fresh and filling. This is my day 1 after 2 years off - lots of motivation at the moment, need to find the discipline to make it last :)

[Argh, posted before image had finished uploading, can't seem to find a delete option, sorry for the duplication!]

• simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Simple lunch at work, cajun spiced chicken with salad; fresh and filling. This is my day 1 after 2 years off - lots of motivation at the moment, need to find the discipline to make it last :)

qjprctyeg9nc.jpg
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    @crazyrvr - Thanks, I'm going to try that with eggs!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Dinner - Shrimp with Arrabiata Sauce and Angel Hair

53q3a4zcmcp8.jpg

Dessert - Sugar Free Pudding, Bear Naked Maplelicious Pecan granola, mashed up banana - SOOOO good!

rym2e20bs734.jpg

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @
    @crazyrvr How did you make your crispy-runny eggs? I want to try that!

Get your cast iron skillet very very hot. Smoking point. Drop a tablespoon of ghee or any other hot point cooking fat into it and let it melt and heat up fast. Quickly break two eggs (or more but dont crowd the pan) into the skillet and cover the pan with a splash mesh cause fat will be splashing. Once the whites are set, which will be like 30 seconds remove the eggs with a slotted spatula. Result is nice crispy bottom with a runny egg yolk :) I even make this and put over a salad.

Reminds me of the Marco Pierre White quote;

"“Apply the cook’s brain and visualize that fried egg on the plate. Do you want it to be burned around the edges? Do you want to see craters on the egg white? Should the yolk look as if you’d need a hammer to break into it? The answer to all three questions should be no. Yet the majority of people still crack an egg and drop it into searingly hot oil or fat and continue to cook it on high heat. You need to insert earplugs to reduce the horrific volume of the sizzle. And the result, once served up in a pool of oil, is an inedible destruction of that great ingredient—the egg. Maybe that’s how you like it, in which case carry on serving your disgusting food.”
    ― The Devil in the Kitchen: Sex, Pain, Madness and the Making of a Great Chef
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Amy's vegetable lasagna on some wilted spinach.

3s4nvexr6n2u.jpg
  • mockchoc
    Options
    @crazyravr. Love crispy whites on a fried egg and runny yolk. Who cares what one chef says. Each to their own preferences :) Thanks for the Handvo. Does sound very tasty. You have a very lucky lady.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    wqsmulyhsrm1.jpg
    dxcgfcarnqlm.jpg
    ffze5fb3jm1c.jpg
    I love my crockpot! Soup once a week in our house (or twice a week if I make enough!)....two vegetarians and two meat eaters!
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg, fruits, chia pudding, protein powder and a splash of milk!

n1z5gnytj32j.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Maybe that’s how you like it, in which case carry on serving your disgusting food.”

Thanx for the permission there chef, and yes I will :)

Lol, I never said anything critical only that it reminded me of a reasonably well known quote. I am personally a fan of spanish style fried eggs, which is somewhat similar
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    rv3b56oqh6v9.jpg

Tonight's dinner was cilantro lime chicken skewers, veggie bobs, brown rice with kale and broccoli and a little cottage cheese
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

Hungarian Lesco with eggs, served with buttered French bread. Brings back memories of childhood summers. :)

vdxvyu8wi6yu.jpg
  • mockchoc
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MM0wM0w, bet that was tasty!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Turkey tetrazzini meatloaf sandwich with onion, tomato, mushroom, mixed greens, cucumber, cheddar cheese and spinach dip; salad; and raspberries and concord grapes.

qcdv1g0uq55p.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    t84me6eutxd1.jpg

I let my 9 yr old son pick dinner tonight, he asked for chicken strips (homemade of course) zucchini cakes and some bell peppers. Love how my son loves to eat healthy.