The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So, I wasn't planning on seeing SSP this week anyway. I asked if he was going to get any sleep on his days off and he said heck no he's heading to Houston, 'not like I've got anything keeping me here'. Which is true enough, I wouldn't hold him here but he immediately followed with 'I made plans with the guys in Houston the last time I was up there' Like he has to explain to me that he's not trying to avoid me or something.

I know good and well he has his own life and I have mine. I put in my leave request for my sister's wedding without a hitch and hopefully I'll know soon if I got it.
    If not, I just figured out I have enough sick time to fly up there and call in sick every night I'm supposed to work. :laugh:

ETA: Totally not awkward at all and he got asked by the sexy night tech (I'm unsure if SSP thinks she's sexy or not but I view her as attractive) to do the active shooter presentation for the animal tech night crew.
    I probably wont text him while he's gone though. Give him some space. Give myself some projects to work on while I'm at home.

So are you ok with all of that?
    I just realized how that might come across. FTR, I meant it in a "just checking" kind of way, not like a "he did WHAT?!" kind of wzy.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    Funny, I only figured it was the Just Checking kind of way. I guess you're right, it could have gone both ways. She doesn't strike me as the psycho lover kind though so I'm guessing she took it the right way. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I didn't see it that way, I saw as just checking in too

@sufferlandrian lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't have her pegged as the bunny-boiling type, either. It's just really easy to misunderstand tone in text!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well at least you didn't put it in all caps. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to be here an hour early tonight. Oops. I knew I had an early in next week but totally missed today! The girl I relieve on Sundays lost her license so she either gets a ride or calls a cab. Thank goodness she didn't have a cab waiting for her this time. I already felt terrible but that would have made me feel REALLY bad!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't have her pegged as the bunny-boiling type, either. It's just really easy to misunderstand tone in text!

Has EVERYONE seen Fatal Attraction except me?!

I'm cool with him having his own life. I was actually kind of peeved he felt the need to explain himself to me and then later I appreciated that he was keeping me informed.

I'm not really the 'bunny-boiling' type. I'm more of the 'why would I want to be around someone who doesn't want me around' type.

If someone tells me they want to end it, I usually suffer alone with ample amounts of ice cream and exercise. I will distance myself as much as I can and, when I feel comfortable, find someone else who will actually appreciate me.

SSP tells me he appreciates me all the time. I know he has a hard time sleeping when I'm with him(he's a hella light sleeper) and so this week I was going to let him 'catch up' on his sleep I guess. Now that he's going to Houston I might just leave him alone the entire week instead of just the first 3 days. :laugh:

Hopefully, he will text me while he's gone but if not I wont be too worried about it. He's out hanging with the guys and gearing up for his trip to New York in November.
    We WERE keeping it casual, one day at a time, and then I go and do a dumb thing like drunkenly throw the 'L' word around.
    I have been told 'In vino veritas' and I should just let things rest for a bit as they are. So that's what I'm doing.
    I might also make it a point to watch Fatal Attraction at some point....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    After all this talk about police officers being targets for violence, I was EXTREMELY overjoyed to see SSP pull onto the campus.

This was quickly followed by strong feelings of dread because, as @Frankie_Felinius has realized, I said the 'L' word in that text and I am afraid of how things will be now.... :fearful:

A looong time ago, my fiancé, then boyfriend of only a few months...told me he loved me. Then he TOOK IT BACK. It was mortifying. He said it just slipped out. Fast forward like, two weeks later and he said it again and said he wouldn't take it back this time. At the time, it was painfully embarrassing...17 years later...it is a funny little story in our relationship.

My advice. Take it back. Maybe it will be a funny little story some day.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I was supposed to be here an hour early tonight. Oops. I knew I had an early in next week but totally missed today! The girl I relieve on Sundays lost her license so she either gets a ride or calls a cab. Thank goodness she didn't have a cab waiting for her this time. I already felt terrible but that would have made me feel REALLY bad!

Everyone has a hiccup once in a while. At least you made it in and didn't call in to work or anything.
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    After all this talk about police officers being targets for violence, I was EXTREMELY overjoyed to see SSP pull onto the campus.

This was quickly followed by strong feelings of dread because, as @Frankie_Felinius has realized, I said the 'L' word in that text and I am afraid of how things will be now.... :fearful:

A looong time ago, my fiancé, then boyfriend of only a few months...told me he loved me. Then he TOOK IT BACK. It was mortifying. He said it just slipped out. Fast forward like, two weeks later and he said it again and said he wouldn't take it back this time. At the time, it was painfully embarrassing...17 years later...it is a funny little story in our relationship.

My advice. Take it back. Maybe it will be a funny little story some day.

Can I take it back and then maybe say it again in two MONTHS? And sober, maybe?

ETA: He probably let it slip and then realized he needed to analyze his motives for saying it. Make sure it was 100% for real and he was sure.
    I'm going to probably do that. Because I've had people tell me they loved me and turn around and completely act like they didn't.

It's really about how you treat people. That's what SSP told me he would go by in his next relationships because he has had the 'bunny-boiling' type go after him before, crying all the while that they 'loved him' or were 'in love with him'. Obviously, when push came to shove, they didn't because they never acted like it.

I'm going to just take it one day at a time and if he brings it up we'll talk about but until then, I'm going to leave it alone.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well you kind of already took it back by saying you were drunk. I think you are correct in just letting sleeping dogs lie at this point. Let actions speak louder than words and go boil a rabbit. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ugh. I HATE being late for work (or class) more than almost anything! I was 5 minutes late for one of my classes last week, and almost didn't go in! But I'm sure you're generally consistent enought that she at least realizes that you didn't do it on purpose! Hopefully she'll forgive you, and get her license back as quick as she can!
  • adamcourt
    adamcourt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    im always on nightshifts so feel free to add me people
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Welcome Adam! :smile:

@Frankie and Jennifer - I agree. Being late for work really bites! At least I get to wear scrubs and I'm a guy. I cut my hair in a flat top and I can be out of bed and in to work in 30 minutes or less. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    adamcourt wrote: »
    im always on nightshifts so feel free to add me people

@adamcourt Just bookmark the thread. I don't just randomly add people because they're on nights...I mean, I've known several people on here for a while now and I haven't added them. So why would I add you?

Just join in the discussion like @Sarri93 and @SongDragon. Eventually, if people like you enough they will add you as a friend to encourage you during your weigh loss/maintenance journey.

@jennifer_417 I'm right there with ya on the punctuality thing. If I over slept or something for classes, I straight up would not go.
    If I'm running late, I HATE IT, but I wont speed because I get there when I get there and as long as I am safe, that is all that really matters. But MAN it bugs me to no end. We are often our own worst critics.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Adam - With just 13 posts, you look like your fairly new. Feel free to add me if you want and I'll be happy to try to answer any questions you have about the site. I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable, but I've been on the site for awhile so I can be of some help. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Welcome Adam! :smile:

@Frankie and Jennifer - I agree. Being late for work really bites! At least I get to wear scrubs and I'm a guy. I cut my hair in a flat top and I can be out of bed and in to work in 30 minutes or less. :smile:

ME TOO! well...minus the scrubs and the flat top. I have a uniform, and my hair is up and in a bun 99.9% of the time. My mother had me master the 3 minute shower when I was in middle school so I can be up, showered, hair brushed and pulled back, and fully dressed, all in about 10 minutes. I don't generally wear make-up and carry extra deodorant in my car for those days when I forget. :confounded:

I'm usually out the door and it take me 20 minutes to get to the Smithville Campus and less than 7 minutes to get to the Bastrop Campus. By 'get to' I mean get there, badge through the gate, and be standing at the time clock receiving my pass on.
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @ Adam - With just 13 posts, you look like your fairly new. Feel free to add me if you want and I'll be happy to try to answer any questions you have about the site. I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable, but I've been on the site for awhile so I can be of some help. :smile:

yeah...damn near 4,000 posts worth of while.. jeebus! :wink:
  • adamcourt
    Options
    that's cool just new to this group stuff on here I would just use this before to track my diet and hit my goals help friends hit there goals which has been very good so far and now just found out that there groups on we can request other people so u have to let me know the rules as I am new to this @lilaclovebird
  • adamcourt
    Options
    im near the end off my 14 hour shift now which doesn't end there as still got gym and having to watch my little girl good thing is tho its end off my 10 day straight on night shifts so got next 2 nights off then im back for 6 nights