Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Anyone need anything from the store?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nothing I can have while at work, but thanks!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's Friday (for me)! I've about an hour left. Gonna go for a bike ride before my mom drops my kid off at 9:30. Rode yesterday and found a really interesting neighborhood I hadn't been to. Four or five really interesting houses all in one little subdivision. One looked like a Spanish jail, one very Frank Lloyd Wright, one very modern-ish...it was neat.

Finally get to use our living room again. We pulled up the carpet and painted the floor "Pumpkin Stem"...just a dark green. Painted walls a mid-green. Floor took days to cure. We had to tarp it off to keep the damn cats out. OMG. Listen to this shizz...so the first night, my fiance puts the tarp in the doorway and tacks it all the way around so the kitties can't get in. He paints the floor, comes out, re-tacks the tarp and we go out on the porch for a beer. Maybe 15 minutes later we walk over to the living room window to see how it looks together because I hadn't seen it yet. We see our cat, Tube, the one we don't even like, WALKING across the freshly painted floor, shaking his paws after each step from the wet paint! He snuck in through a tiny gap. My fiance is yelling through the window "Tube! TUBE! What are you doing?!" and runs into the house. (I'm tearing up just typing this, it was so funny.) He gets in and Tube is standing in the middle of the living room like a dumbass, crying, not moving while my fiance calls to him. Of course Tube doesn't want to go to him because he is clearly NOT happy. He eventually saunters off behind the biggest piece of furniture we own, a ginormous oak bookcase. Half that room is tile so we put all of our furniture on that space while the floor was being painted so it is packed, like no room to walk. From outside, I can see my fiance crawling over the couch to see if he can lure Tube out. All of a sudden I see Tube pop up on the dining room table. I knock and point. My fiance crawled over top of the furniture and Tube got scruffed and chucked out in the hallway. Then I watch, laughing and in TEARS, as my fiance balances on the couch/tables as he leeeeeans out with the roller to re-paint over the cat paw marks. It was great.

Really wanting some Chinese food. Or Indian food. Oooh! There is a new Thai place by my house, maybe Thai. Somethin' from that continent is calling my name...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally get to use our living room again. We pulled up the carpet and painted the floor "Pumpkin Stem"...just a dark green. Painted walls a mid-green. Floor took days to cure. We had to tarp it off to keep the damn cats out. OMG. Listen to this shizz...so the first night, my fiance puts the tarp in the doorway and tacks it all the way around so the kitties can't get in. He paints the floor, comes out, re-tacks the tarp and we go out on the porch for a beer. Maybe 15 minutes later we walk over to the living room window to see how it looks together because I hadn't seen it yet. We see our cat, Tube, the one we don't even like, WALKING across the freshly painted floor, shaking his paws after each step from the wet paint! He snuck in through a tiny gap. My fiance is yelling through the window "Tube! TUBE! What are you doing?!" and runs into the house. (I'm tearing up just typing this, it was so funny.) He gets in and Tube is standing in the middle of the living room like a dumbass, crying, not moving while my fiance calls to him. Of course Tube doesn't want to go to him because he is clearly NOT happy. He eventually saunters off behind the biggest piece of furniture we own, a ginormous oak bookcase. Half that room is tile so we put all of our furniture on that space while the floor was being painted so it is packed, like no room to walk. From outside, I can see my fiance crawling over the couch to see if he can lure Tube out. All of a sudden I see Tube pop up on the dining room table. I knock and point. My fiance crawled over top of the furniture and Tube got scruffed and chucked out in the hallway. Then I watch, laughing and in TEARS, as my fiance balances on the couch/tables as he leeeeeans out with the roller to re-paint over the cat paw marks. It was great.

I'm laughing just picturing the whole scene. :laugh: That sounds like something I would do. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's Friday (for me)! I've about an hour left. Gonna go for a bike ride before my mom drops my kid off at 9:30. Rode yesterday and found a really interesting neighborhood I hadn't been to. Four or five really interesting houses all in one little subdivision. One looked like a Spanish jail, one very Frank Lloyd Wright, one very modern-ish...it was neat.

Really wanting some Chinese food. Or Indian food. Oooh! There is a new Thai place by my house, maybe Thai. Somethin' from that continent is calling my name...

That's hilarious! I would be so mad if it were me, and scared he'd get paint everywhere!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Leave it to a lab to eat clothing. Something is blocking the intestines but I think I can get it to move without surgery. Dad said last time it was the daughters swimsuit but it passed without help. :smile:
  • belimawr
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ^ You'd think they'd keep clothing away from the dog, then.

I didn't sleep at all yesterday... so of course tonight would be the night from hell. Everything is breaking down.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    LOL. :smile: At least you got a smart phone out of the deal. :smile:

I was dragging my feet anyway. Had a computer at work and the phone worked fine so I refused to buy a new one. I'm so glad it happened though. I (of course) got a FB, an Instagram account, things I didn't have before. Some people get on social media and end up feeling worse about themselves but IG has done wonders for my self esteem. I see beautiful women that love themselves and that encourages me to be more accepting of me. I had seen chicks post pics of their flawed but still beautiful bodies and I knew that if I scrolled past my own photos (subjectively) like that, I'd be supportive and encouraging, not a bully, like I am to myself. So I started being more and more at peace with my body. I even got enough courage to post swimsuit pics, pic of me in sports bra and granny panties, no makeup pics. Somethings that if you would have told me a year ago that future me would do...I'd argue til I was blue. People complain that social media is so negative but I think IG can be a very positive place. FB and YouTube, not so much for some reason but IG for me has been wonderful! Thank-you, drunken Frankie, for making the poor decision that led to greater things!

That's a great story, I love to hear positives about things rather than the usual doom and gloomers that hate everything....but spend most there lives posting on them.......... I am new to IG myself, got on it to show off my puppies....(fatjon73 if anyone wants to see the best looking puppies that ever existed).......lol.......I can control who goes on there....sort of.....where as my Facebook has been there yrs.....and has a lot of things that will offend a lot of people.........so I keep that to my RL friends......as its them that post most of the stuff anyways.....lol.....I also like to abuse friends on FB....and some of the sensitive types from MFP will definitely take offence.....lol.....

on a floor note.....I was once bright enough to varnish the newly sanded floor in our front room once......I started in one corner of the room, worked my way across and down.....only to leave myself stuck in the furthest corner from the door........even though I redid my shoe prints you could still see where I had stood once all coats were on.....made me chuckle every time I noticed it.......#dumbarse
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    I would've been so mad if the floor incident would've happened to me!
  • sufferlandrian
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »

on a floor note.....I was once bright enough to varnish the newly sanded floor in our front room once......I started in one corner of the room, worked my way across and down.....only to leave myself stuck in the furthest corner from the door........even though I redid my shoe prints you could still see where I had stood once all coats were on.....made me chuckle every time I noticed it.......#dumbarse

That's funny! :smile: I'm not on instagram so I'll have to take the doses of puppy pictures you post here. They look cute as buttons! :smile: Glad you're having fun with them. :smile:
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll just checking in. I got switched to day shift and ill be here for a few weeks then back on nights to take care of new position training. This rotation between the shifts is going to be the death of me! I ended up out of the gym and eating very unhealthy for about 2 weeks and started back up this week. Starting back is not the easiest thing to do. Still no update on school, they had me do some additional verification paperwork for financial aid and so far no news. :disappointed: I read some of ya'lls posts. Busy people, busy lives the night lives lead. Hope everyone is sleeping well and yall have an amazing shift tonight or whenever you return!

~~~Britt
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    I was wondering where you had gone. I don't know if I could rejoin the day walkers for more than a shift here and there lol.
  • belimawr
    Options
    So I got to the yard, and power's out. Which means no trains can move. Or have moved. My luck they'll get 600 volt power back on soon and I'll have to make up two tours worth of work.

Better start caffeinating.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Lol @bethanie0825 "Day walkers" Gotta love it. Meh I used to be an insomniac/night owl. Then I had my son....so I can go either way now. Night shift feels more natural, but I rarely see my family on it. Day shift is great for family time/schedules. Doesnt matter though, my department will be rotating me between them every 4-12 weeks for training and shift rotations.

Hows everything on your end going? Hows your dept doing?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Checking in! How is everyone's night so far?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I'm coming down with something. Not good going into a weekend shift.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. Don't you usually work a bazillion hrs straight too?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    62 straight on the weekends. 5 down, 57 to go.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better, suffer! I had a doctor's note for 5 nights off last week - lymes disease? Parvovirus? Or just pure exhaustion.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got a break after just coming out of surgery. I think I'm going to put my feet on the desk and close my eyes for a bit.