WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Just about to get ready for my first day of cashier training! I do enjoy the atmosphere there at WF, but I haven't worked in so long at an out of the house job I'm a little nervous. Silly I know. I'm trying to look at it as my days big adventure! Still trying to figure out what to bring or buy for dinner. They said most people get a slice of pizza but they r huge and I think it wouldn't fit in my plan. They have soups and a vast selection of yogurts too. Gonna wear my Fitbit and am curious how many steps I'll get in today. It's got to be more than staying at home w my comfy chair.

Becca love the pics you are lovely

Pip and Sylvia please take care of yourselves

Joyce I hope progress is made in diagnosing Charlie so they can start appropriate treatment. I am glad he sounded a little better last night.
    Take care of yourself.

To all the Runners...WOW!

I forget whose RV interior photos those were but I wanted to move in.

Oh, on the lines of careers...I have a BS in Biochem minor in Micro worked for six years in a Harvard research lab studying the genetics of bacterial adhesion. Eventually co discovered a treatment for tubing for artificial hearts that would prevent bacterial infection one of the main reasons they fail. I'm sure medical progress has gone well past where I was twenty years ago by now. Got a few years of MBA night school but never completed it. Got pregnant unexpectadly which couldn't jive w me working with radiation and carcinogens so stayed home. My parents got deathly ill and I moved in w them to PCA for them. Husband left couldn't understand why I would give up a promising career to have kids and care for parents..had a bunch of little part time jobs while the kids were growing up whenever mom and or dad were stable long enough for me to do so..and now that they have flown away I am trying to figure out my next steps. Crazy how one plans for a certain life and God laughs, isn't it?
    Just going w the flow and asking for guidance. Have a good day girls.

Love

Mindy from Boston
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just popping in for a quick hello. Took my monthly measurements and I'm down about 1/2" in most areas, so I'm happy about that. I use a Jawbone UP24 for my fitness tracker and it pooped out on me yesterday. Just stopped logging steps at some point in the day even though I had charged it just a couple of days ago and it said 4 days of battery remaining when I looked in the morning. Well, I charged it and how it's working again but it only logged about 1200 steps for me yesterday. :( I think it might be time to start looking for a new fitness tracker.

Becca - Love the pics of you and your husband! The dress looks even better than the pics you posted when you first got it. And I agree, sometimes it's just fun to dress up just because. Sounds like you had a nice date night.

JanetR - Great pics of both the RV and the walking sticks. Your hubby is quite talented to carve those walking sticks. They look very professional.

Heather - Those beans look delish.

Terri - It's always nice when you have someone to work out with. Glad you are able to combine that with spending some time with your family.

Penny - Congrats on your record.

Pip - Hope you are feeling better soon.

Miriam - Hope that all works out with this apartment for your son, especially with all that you are doing to fix up the place. Take it easy today.

That's all I have time for right now. Have a great day!
    Linda/IA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    JanetR: I love all the wonderful photos! Your new RV looks spacious and comfortable. Our friends who travel by RV only stay at Walmart parking lots when they are between stops and too tired to keep going. :yawn:

Pip: Sorry you're feeling too pooped to pop. Is this bike ride aftermath? :huh:

Sylvia: Your care in the hospital sounds lackluster. Are hospitals listed in the medgrades stuff out there on the net? If they are, you should consider giving a review. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and getting back to your walking schedule. :flowerforyou:

Michele & Janet: DH wears compression socks and they are doing wonders for the circulation in his legs. He bought the originals at a local pharmacy but they didn't stock the level of support he wanted so he recently ordered from Amazon. Michele, I'm sorry to hear about Vince's bulging discs. They must be painful. :flowerforyou:

Joyce: Thanks for the reminder about the living will & power of attorney for healthcare. :flowerforyou:

Becca: You look beautiful and glamorous! Hubby looks great, too. Happy belated birthday to him. I love your picture with the Astoria bridge in the background. We were in that exact spot for a meal when we met DS and the boat coming back from Canada. You live in a beautiful place. :flowerforyou:

Miriam: Good luck to your son getting his voucher processed in time. Is it possible to contact the person in Boulder whose help is needed? :huh:

Heather: That is a tall bean vine! I have one that is headed for the garage roof but yours is taller. :flowerforyou:

Terri: Great pics of your guys working out at the gym. Is there a picture of you working out, too? My DSIL & DBIL go to a gym that looks much like that one. I went with them once. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Your comments about your son are just what I needed to hear. DD is the person in my family that I worry about. She's smart, but not taking care of herself. I can't fix it and won't offer advice. Not offering advice is a gift that is hard to give. :ohwell:

The furnace and air conditioning company is here servicing our air conditioner. We pay them for two visits a year. They check-up on the furnace once and the air conditioner once. At this point I"m wondering whether they have things backwards. Shouldn't they check on the furnace just before winter and the air conditioner before summer? I asked the guy and got an unsatisfactory answer. "He means well" is the phase that applies here.

have a great day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Katiebug:Love the anniversary picture - that blue looks wonderful on you both.

Joyce:My thoughts are with you and Charlie - hope today is a better day and all the docs get on one page!

Sylvia:Take care of yourself - diverticulitus can be very painful. Hope you feel better really soon.

Janetr:I was hoping we'd see some pics of the inside of your RV. It looks awesome thanks for sharing. I love those walking sticks.

Lillian:I hope you make your walking goal - I know you can.

Beth:My son just learned to drive as well - not easy on the nerves (as I'm sure you know). So glad that the brakes failed in the driveway! Sept IS a new start.

Meg:Hope you feel better soon.

Margaret:Thanks for sharing the pics from the fair. The sculpture in butter is amazing!

Becca:Love the dress - you look fantastic and hubby's not too bad either :smile:

Mary:PEES standing smiley-laughing013.gif

Miriam:Hope those hands feel better soon.

Terri:It's so nice to have company at the gym. I'm trying to talk DS#1 into joining me.

Penny: Congrats on reaching and improving on your running goal. Way to Go!

Mindy:I've never been able to understand people who don't seem to care about kids and parents. I'm sure the right thing will come to you when the time is right.

Linda/IA: Congrats on those measurements!

I had my first monthly assessment with the PT on Friday and I'm showing some improvement in strength and flexibility in most areas. Got the lawn cut and shopping done at Costco this weekend but no workouts - trying to give my aching joints a bit of a rest.

Going to make my first attempt at marinating pork chops for grilling this evening. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Have a lovely day friends.

Carey-Edmonton

Goals for last half of August:

1. Log all meals

2.Plan and Do - 2 fun things every week
    • W1: Haying in the 30's cancer support, camping with the folks
    • W2: Celebrate my birthday with the boys, invited to Aunt's for supper, swimming with DS#2.
    • W3:Mani & Pedi
    • W4:Hot Stone Massage, Swimming with the boys
    3. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

I couldn’t get on MFP last night and am having major problems this morning. It just keeps freezing up.  And I now have 68 posts to read since yesterday morning. Yikes. LOL

Katla, glad you got the much needed rain and I do hope it puts out some fires in that part of the world. Happy BD to your DGS. What fun!!!

Beth, congrats for your son on his job. *sigh* on his uniform and it is sad but true that he will have to do it for himself. For years I said, I wish I didn’t smoke but I didn’t want to quit. I was the same way about being FAT. And I think it is harder, because we have to eat. Hopefully one day he will wake up and be willing to do what it takes to lose the weight. I am so thankful that it happened for me.

Janetr, cool walking sticks. What a guy!! Maybe you need to keep him. The motor home is wonderful. DH used to joke that his idea of “roughing it” was a Holiday Inn with black n white TV. You sure aren’t “roughing it” in that. Super nice.

Meg, sending healing thoughts your way. I hate to wake up not feeling well. ((Hugs))

Sylvia, so glad you got checked out. Feel better soon. You must be feeling better if you are gonna get “frisky”. Have fun!!!

Jane, so wonderful for you and DH to spend time with the grands, plus the parents that got to go out. Talk about a Win, Win.

MNMargaret, love the pictures from the Fair. Thanks for sharing. I want to go to one!! (later) You make a good point about reaction to a loved one. Glad you are looking out for you.

Linda, I understand staying busy and not getting things done. Somehow that happens a lot. Most of the things on my list at any given time, will be there waiting whenever I get around to them.

Rori, so glad (ok and a bit jealous) that you got to visit with Michele and Carol. Do you ever get down Myrtle Beach way?

MicheleNC, I’m with you about watching TV on a phone. What is that all about?? LOL Or surf the net for that matter. I might look at an email but give me my computer for computer work. Hope your back and feet are back to normal tomorrow and don’t keep you from a good night’s sleep.

Joyce, glad you think you figured out Charlie’s eating preferences. Yes you are right about never knowing when you will need the POA or other documents. That is why we finally got them done in February. And yes, it’s so important to know how to take care of things around the house, even if you never have to do it. You take care of yourself and know we are all still praying for you and Charlie.

Becca, great pictures. Glad you both had a grand time.

Allison, sounds like a fun time with the girls. If you love Tom and want your marriage to work, then that is what you need to work toward. Let him know how you feel but that you expect to be treated with respect and kindness if you work things out. I still think you need to make it clear that you also get a vote in the end result. Just do see an attorney and be set up to protect yourself. (((((Hugs)))))

Miriam, how frustrating that you have to wait on the voucher for your son. Hopefully it will come soon and ya’ll can get on with things.

Heather, glad you are going to treat yourself with loving kindness. You should. I was wondering about Yannie the other day. Haven’t heard from her and hope all is okay. OMG those beans are incredible!! Thanks for the pics.

Maryann, way to go! I think it’s wonderful that you signed up for the challenge. Keep up the good work.

Terri, how great to have the family working out together.
    Pip, so sorry you are under the weather. Hope that passes quickly. Anxious to hear what the new doc says tomorrow. You take care of you!!!!

Penny, congrats on setting your new record. Very impressive.

Mindy, I’ve always been a little nervous on the first day of a new job. Sounds logical to me. Life’s paths are so often not what we planned when starting college. Your parents are lucky you were willing to help.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It has been raining solid since 2 or 3:00 this morning. Now DH is whining about when he can mow again, not only because it could rain all week but the ground is so soggy. Just can’t win, sometimes. My computer has been doing great ever since I got back from Texas. Yesterday and today it just won’t stay connected to the internet. It’s terrible to be so lazy as to not get something fixed. Ladies, I think of all of you and wish you all the best in life. Please be good to yourselves and have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

MNMargaret – It is frustrating to witness (or be a part of) an accident. Unfortunately the Insurance companies tell us to never take the blame, so she did the right thing. You also did the right thing by staying behind and supporting the person who got hit. Is Minnesota still a no-fault insurance State? I hope everyone involved has insurance, and that no one was injured. Give yourself a pat on the back for being so caring. // thanks for sharing the State Fair pictures. I love going through the competition buildings.

Becca – I’m on your side. Dog parks or fenced back yards (or farms, where they have acres to run) are for unleashed dogs, and I believe that is whether they are big or small. In the “wilderness” dogs can think we are invading their property. If I am invited to someone’s house or yard, the dog knows the master invited me. I have been bit by dogs 3 times, and each time the dog was less than 30 pounds, and every time I needed stitches and anti-biotics.

Allison – hugs and prayers for strength, and for hearing what God has to say. // I like your “kill him with kindness” attitude. I hope it makes the world of difference.

Joyce – Hugs. If it truly is bacterial meningitis, I hope it is the form that reacts to Anti-biotics. I assume there will be plenty of hydrating going on, also. More hugs and prayers for everyone. // Yes, you are paying the Hospital staff to do their job, so let them, because you deserve it, too. The last thing you need right now is to get injured. // Ordering his menu to join him? Of course. See, it’s not so hard to take care of yourself. I’m so proud of you ! ! ! Keep up the good work.

Dgiddens - Keep up the good work.

Barbie – Hugs for your pulled muscle. I hope you feel better quickly.

Beth – so glad you noticed the brakes before heading back out into traffic. Yes, this is a new day, new week, almost new month. You can do this ! ! !

Katla – How do you treat the cherry tomatoes before hytdrating? I don’t use my dehydrator nearly often enough, and I really should, because it is wonderful. I look forward to hearing any tips on dehydrating almost anything. Thanks!

Sylvia – Hugs for your health.

Heather – I’m with you in regards to staying on track. The busier, the better, in many ways.

Janetr - Love the walking sticks. It just amazes me that your DH made them, what talent.

Miriam – hugs. I get it. Take care of yourself.

I just discovered the hard way that I don’t like SkinnyGirl stevia in my coffee, but I do like it in my oatmeal.

I was a hairdresser when DS was born, so he has never had anyone besides me cut his hair. Right now my RA is still too much in my right wrist, so I can’t do it, and he flat-out refuses to let me take him to Sports Clips. What is this kid going to do when he moves out? Hopefully my wrist will be better soon, as my left hand is already much less swollen and stiff.

Time for lunch. More later !

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,139 Member
    Options
    Penny - congratulations on the 9K! Keep up the good work. You have a beautiful area to run in.

Pip - hang in there! Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow.

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    I went to the chiropractor this morning after a very uncomfortable dog walking session. I sat down on several benches along the way because of the pain. It wasn't a pulled muscle but rather some stuff out of alignment in my right hip. He pulled and pushed a bit and said to come back on Wednesday. I am lying on an ice pack now and will do it again later. Jake said he'd walk the dogs the rest of the day. I agreed but I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get to my step goal for the day. The pets love it when I lie down. They all get in bed.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Terri yes we are no fault state that whose insurance looks at who caused the accident. I have to laugh. I stayed for the man because an accident like this happened to me. Because it was clearly the other person's fault just like in this case he should not have to pay any deductible. It was a fender bender with no one getting hurt. What I took away is to slow down and really watch when I am out driving. Especially now since I am worried about DS. These are the kind of times where I am vulnerable, and I myself am more likely to get into an accident.

Katla thanks for your feed back. It is so much easier said than done not to get involved. We are trying to stay aware of his bills so he does not accrue services charges. It is a fine line. He may or may not appreciate the help we are giving him. I try to ask myself what help would I like to have help. Because we are his parents for some things it is our job to interfere whether he likes it or not. (Again fine lines) I also try to give feedback to his care givers. I am hoping if he hears my message through someone else it might be easier for him to hear. By my posts you might tell I am trying to find the balance. The major thing is I am not being hard on myself as we find our way.

It struck me as comments are made about the butter sculpture what it would mean to carry 90 extra pounds. That is how much one of those blocks of butter weighs. That much weight would put a strain on anyone. I know a number of you have lost this much and more. Others are working towards this goal of taking this kind of weight off. Others have fewer pounds to go. It is challenge for you too. As we make our way toward our goals we are to be hardily congratulated for a job well done.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    Just finished a quick skim of the posts since last Thursday. Lots of lovely pictures. Loved the Jazz couple, the camper, the walking sticks too! My DH made canes for himself and my mother out of wood he found when we lived in TN. They come out so much nicer than the 'store bought' ones. I've skimmed/read about the medical issues facing many of us. My thoughts are with each of you.

My acupuncturist prescribed me some powdered Chromium to help with my migraines and depression. It started working the very first day I took it. Might be something to look into for all of us having depression issues. It also helps with type 2 diabetes too!

I got a phone call Friday that my step-dad (DM's husband of the last 6 years) passed away. I didn't really know him but am trying to support my Mother in her grief. The funeral is scheduled for Saturday. The really sad part of all this is that my father passed away on the Thursday before Memorial day 8 years ago. So sad memories there.

Allison, keep the list of what you want in the case of divorce somewhere safe. Then write a note or list of what you want to happen as a couple to keep you as a couple. Present him with that one and see what he says or does. Should/could include marriage counseling. The initial meeting with an attorney is usually free. It only costs when you retain them. Take care of yourself b/c no one else will. You are such a giving person, you need to think of yourself now.

I had a wonderful time with my DH Friday. We went to a place called West Haven beach and just strolled along the sidewalk with an ocean view. Took some pictures that I'll post in a bit. Saturday afternoon and Sunday went downhill with my DS and his GF came over to spend time. My DS had gotten into a bad car accident the week before and suffered a concussion and whiplash. They gave him pain pills. He was a recovering addict. He acted like he was using and was in a very bad mood all evening Saturday and left very early Sunday morning. But that wasn't the end of it. He stated texting me some very disrespectful and nasty things that made no sense at all. It really sounded like he was back to using. He even got on his GF's FB and blocked me! And all I did is give her my phone number and asked for her b/c I forgot to while they were at my house. Oh, well. He made 9 months clean b/4 this.

Got to go back to work now.

Rita from CT
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Physical and occupational therpy came in today' the OT lady just asked social questions to see whT kind of environment he lives in, what he is normally like. The PT guy assessed to see if he could do any exercises but he is till out from his IV Ativan last night. I am asking that that be given only as needed. It is also against hospital rules to have bottom side fails up. They are noting that I am putting them up. When I leave the room, I put them down. He is now incontinent of stool and urine and a diaper is on. I don't know if that is because of the Ativan or just doesn't know when he has to go. Tried again to get his to eat pancake and V8 juice but no go. His 'real' infectious disease guy, the other was just on call for the weekend, saw him and said that they will also treat as West nIle disease until spinal tap. Is done and results back.

Finally could talk to Christina, my oldest daughter. I have talked a lot via Face book but not by phone since I haut couldn't emotionally talk to her. So we talked today for a long while. She will come this weekend. She hasn't decided yet whether to bring the kids.the me hong she is worried about is whether or or coming this weekend is to late. So I told her that from what they are saying that she will be fine.

Heather, thT is some green bean tree. I just remember my Moms green beans as laying on the ground or in a mound type plant.mine come from a can,

Joyce in limbo and tired of it.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Mindy in Boston – You are the second person this week to mention Cotton Candy grapes. I had never heard of them before now. Sounds like I will have to look for them in my local stores.

Linda – Congratulations on reaching Onederland!

Becca – Good for you for standing up to the woman who did not have her dog on a leash. Yes, she knows her own dog. Yes, it did come when called. However, there will always be situations where a dog no matter how well behaved will suddenly break training. Fortunately this was not one of those situations, but it could have been. She should have had a leash with her and should have leashed the dog when asked. That is merely polite social behavior. Well, OK. She should have the dog leashed since it is the law but scofflaws abound.

Sylvia – I sure do hope that as I continue to read that you finally found some relief and are well on the way to healing. Sorry to be seeing you are feeling so miserable.

Joyce – you and Charlie have been (and continue to be) in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sad to see how hard these past several days have been for you. Sending you strength, comfort and a sincere hope that you do not also become ill yourself while being there for Charlie.

=====

Well poop! (No Pip, that is not a shout out to you <grin>) I was so preoccupied on Sat. that I forgot to check-in and I lost a 20 day logging streak. Oh well, gives me an opportunity to start a new streak. So why was I so busy on Sat.? Please let me tell you. You know I am going to tell anyway.

Sat. morning is my time to work out with EPT (Evil Personal Trainer). This week he decided it was time for me to attempt floor exercises. NSV #1 – I was able to get down on the floor without difficulties and I got back up easily as well. Gosh that feels good. Then he decided that it was time to introduce squats into my routine. NSV #2 – The knees help up! My thighs still feel the squats even after 48 hours, but I’m thrilled. More signs that I am getting stronger. Of course, now that I have shown that I can do these things EPT is going to make me continue to do them (Boo, Hiss) but that’s why I am paying him. He keeps me honest and continues to challenge me to do better.

Sat. afternoon the woman who helps me unpack and re-pack boxes spent 2 hours with me. We got 2 shelves of books emptied, dusted, sorted and re-shelved the books that are keepers. We also got 2 display cabinet shelves completely emptied. I am now in a position to go through the boxes of stuff I thought I wanted to keep and display and make a final determination of what I can keep and must get release into the world. Right now my biggest blocking point is that I have many boxes of stuff that I do not want to keep, and yet I cannot just bring myself to hand them over to the Salvation Army. I have things like a collection of dolls which I have been told are not saleable right now (translation- I won’t get as much money out of them as what I have put into them) which is OK with me. However, I also want to know they are appreciated for what they are and I’m not sure SA will treat them that way. Fortunately, my organizer is coming tonight so I can talk it over with her as to my options on dealing with all of that stuff.

Last, but certainly not least, DH and I went out Sat. evening to celebrate our 28th anniversary with a nice dinner. We had a lovely dinner and a good opportunity to talk with each other. No terribly serious conversation. Just haven’t had time to even eat together for the past 2 weeks so it was good to touch base. I was especially pleased to be able to say that I have a very nice meal and still was able to stay within my eating plan. I just never got on-line to enter said eating plan into MFP.

So here I sit trying to catch up on 5 pages of posts that I missed reading over the weekend. I know it is OK to simply start with the current page, but I find that I really enjoy know what everyone has shared her even when I do not comment. So that’s what I have been up to and I’ll be reading and thinking of each and every one of you even if I do not give shout outs to each of you.

Mia in MI

August goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Continue to meet PT one day a week for strength training
    Get at least one hour a week of aerobic exercise
    Stop Iced Tea overload. 16 oz. iced tea daily plus 48 oz. water

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,278 Member
    Options
    Joyce - I wish I could be there with you to give you a hug!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :love: Just imagine I am giving you a great big one. <3 So glad your daughter can make it down. The runner beans are tender (do not like any frost) , but love LOTS of rain and moisture. August has been almost continuous rain. :( If it is too hot when they are flowering you get no beans. Last year they all sickened and died. This year - a bonanza!

Barbie - sorry for your pain. How annoying! Hope it clears up soon. :flowerforyou:

Penny - WTG on the record!

Love Heather x x UK
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Barbie-I am so sorry to hear about your hip! It's nice that you have all that love surrounding you!

Margaret-I love the picture of the butter sculpture! You are right about carrying around all that extra weight. It's amazing when you're actually able to visualize what 90 pounds looks like.

Rita-along time ago the trainer at the health club suggested using chromium to aid in weight loss. I wonder if they do that any more.

Joyce-our prayers are with you!

Mia - Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner and time with your DH. I know that using MFP I am able to go back and record food for the prior day so that I do not lose the logging streak. So go back and enter for the day that you missed and it will reset.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,606 Member
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Katla, my son's housing worker will not EVER answer phone messages or email. This has been his pattern for several years. My sister is making an appointment to see him and light a fire under him. What a bunch of SH**! This is the reason my son lost his lease and had to move in 6 days- the worker never answered his questions about stuff the landlord was adding to the new lease so he didn't know if he could sign it.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Questions: did anyone see the view today?? My tv went bonkers n couldn't hear. 1. Had a guy on who either weighed 700 pounds or lost 700 pounds. 2. Mention how he did it. Tried the site, found nothing. If you know the answer please help! Thanks Gayle Minneapolis
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Penny – nice job going after your goals !

Maryann – don’t worry about those young chicks. Go do your thing. I’m so proud of you for doing those programs!

Heather – Wonderful advice. With my now-ex, when I decided to move out, and told him, our relationship became much more calm and relaxed before becoming toxic again (when I filed for divorce). But, he also became very comfortable allowing his dates to call the house when I was home, so that was difficult for me (although I didn’t let him see that). It is a blurred grey line between love for a person and being in love.

Mary – Since Payne just turned 15, and only recently got arm pit hair, he has been on a simple low weight lifting program for 2 years now. Only a few months ago (maybe June?) he started adding significant weights (when he got cut from the h.s. baseball team). He’s still only 5’9” tall, and likely will be 6’ when finished growing, so we have to let him lead his own lifting to a degree. When he is in H.S. basketball or football (with friends, not on the team) lifting, he does what the coaches tell him to do, so he only does this program 1-4 times per week during the “off season”. He now weighs 154.

Mindy – Yes, your life turned a corner. But I hope this is a positive new corner for you. Just keep a healthy attitude, and healthy lifestyle, and God will jump in to start guiding you again. Stick with us for added support. (most men are stupid) Hugs ! ! !

Rita – So Sorry about your DS and his situation. It is so sad to watch when someone gets “off the wagon” like that, especially with a prescription that the prescribing doctor didn’t likely know would cause a problem. I hope it all gets worked out soon. It’s painful as a Mother, but try not to take it personally; it is his disease. Hugs ! ! !

Mia – Happy Anniversary !

Miriam – More hugs for you and your son. Incompetence is no excuse for someone who is supposed to be helping others less fortunate. I hope your sister is able to get this going. Is there a supervisor who can be contacted, and maybe get the papers faxed instead of mailed. I am aware that mailing stuff is my weak spot, so I always ask for a fax number, because for some reason I will then get it done, and usually on time. (lol)

The only thing I didn’t like about working out together as a family is DS needs a spotter during most of his lifting, so if DH is on the treadmill I have to be the spotter, so I don’t get as much of a workout. But, it gets us all out of the house, and doing something, and I feel like it is important for DS to see us giving it an effort.

Today I am going to my favorite Market for produce. My second favorite has better prices this week, but I would have to drive past the Brewer’s stadium, and there are home games this week, and I would rather have my sanity and pay a tiny bit more for groceries.

For my nephews future daughter, I decided to knit a blanket on a loom, so DH and I went to Michaels for yarn after we bought his new Sketchers walking shoes. So far I am about 1/4 finished, and it looks lovely. I certainly should be able to finish within a few weeks. And I love that it doesn't hurt my hands or wrist much on the loom.

I'm also excited about walking from the Bowling Alley to Big Lots again on Wednesday. This time I will bring my own reusable bags, because they had some Apple/Mango laundry detergent, and I love that scent. Plus, DS states he needs more muscle milk, so my bags are likely to get pretty heavy on this trip.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    So much to think about from your many posts.
    Annr - what lovely photos - what a lucky lady you are!
    Mary in MN - agree with your posts about remembering sex in marriage for men. However, the opposite is also true and usually overlooked. Mine has zero interest, there's zero action & have concluded selfishness. Sorry, this is a sore spot for me.
    Allison - prayers and hopes for a resolution you are happy with!

Linda in CA
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »
    Mary – Since Payne just turned 15, and only recently got arm pit hair, he has been on a simple low weight lifting program for 2 years now. Only a few months ago (maybe June?) he started adding significant weights (when he got cut from the h.s. baseball team). He’s still only 5’9” tall, and likely will be 6’ when finished growing, so we have to let him lead his own lifting to a degree. When he is in H.S. basketball or football (with friends, not on the team) lifting, he does what the coaches tell him to do, so he only does this program 1-4 times per week during the “off season”. He now weighs 154.

The only thing I didn’t like about working out together as a family is DS needs a spotter during most of his lifting, so if DH is on the treadmill I have to be the spotter, so I don’t get as much of a workout. But, it gets us all out of the house, and doing something, and I feel like it is important for DS to see us giving it an effort.

Terri in Milwaukee

Wow! He is doing really well for his age and the length of time he has been lifting. What you could do is during his rest time inbetween each set which should be from 1 1/2 to 3 minutes is have him spot you while you lift not his amount but what you can. Any strength training builds muscle and burns calories. When you start to lift heavy which means you can't do more than 5 reps with that weight you burn 500 calories an hour even including your rest time.

Mary From Minnesota