Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was trying to buy a pass for the metro (subway) and the machine wasn't working, so I told the guy at the booth and he snapped at me and told me that I had messed up and to try it again. I thanked him and he sighed in this irritated way. I don't know why I allow that stuff to bring me down so much. It's such a small, insignificant thing coming from someone I don't know, but it still put me in a zombified, self-loathing state of mind for the next couple of hours.... especially because he was right, I did mess it up.

Similarily, if I buy something and the cashier seems irritated, I end up getting really sad and thinking it's all my fault even though I KNOW it's probably just work (and probably rude customers) making her upset.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I don't know what is wrong with me but today has been a bad food day. I already ate all 10 twinkies from the box I bought this morning.

I was at my lowest weight before vacation and now I just can't seem to get back to being good with food...

Tomorrow hopefully.

Me too, @FroggyBug! I seem to have lost my "eat good food" mojo over vacation. Yesterday started off well - cardio + decent food during the day.... then went to Red Robin and I had chicken strips & fries. Blew all my exercise calories and then some! Darn it. Maybe I'll do better today, but I'm SO hungry today....bordering on hangry, waiting for my coworker to be done using the microwave so I CAN MAKE MY LUNCH. heh..
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Soooo... Today was a fail. I've been horribly depressed and spent most of the day ugly-crying in my bed, almost hysterically at one point so that I couldn't breathe at all and started wheezing like I was dying. Good times. And then Mr. Susie and I went to Tamimi and bought baking ingredients and made cookies AND brownies. Yay me?

Oh, and the best part? I have NO idea why I was crying. At all. I just woke up completely depressed with no known reason.

Sorry your day was so lousy... hope Tuesday is MUCH better!
    So I'm at the ER with hubby right now. He's been having chest pains all day and I didn't want to chance it. :worried:

Good call. Men can be so dismissive about health concerns. Better safe than sorry!

Hope everything is okay...

Oh wow - I just popped in and it doesn't look good :(

@Susieq_1994 I hope you are doing better. Sending you hugs.

@raelynnsmama52512 I hope everything is OK with raelynnsdad.

Everybody gets internet hugs!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    We leave for Peru on Saturday!

I'm so jealous. You are going to have a great time. I think ( from my stalking) you are going to Machu Picchu right? It's beautiful. One of the best things I've ever done. If you are lucky and get there early you get to do the additional climb (can't remember the name of it) We missed it sadly but still really enjoyed the experience. Right - need to go find myself a new adventure now, this is making me crave one.
    Oh, and don't forget to try some guinea pig whilst you're over there....

Ooh - @peleroja I knew this was coming up - didn't know it was so soon! Happy packing and I can't wait to see pictures :) I know all your stairs are going to pay off!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was trying to buy a pass for the metro (subway) and the machine wasn't working, so I told the guy at the booth and he snapped at me and told me that I had messed up and to try it again. I thanked him and he sighed in this irritated way. I don't know why I allow that stuff to bring me down so much. It's such a small, insignificant thing coming from someone I don't know, but it still put me in a zombified, self-loathing state of mind for the next couple of hours.... especially because he was right, I did mess it up.

Similarily, if I buy something and the cashier seems irritated, I end up getting really sad and thinking it's all my fault even though I KNOW it's probably just work (and probably rude customers) making her upset.

Try to remind yourself that their negativity says a lot about them and absolutely nothing about you.

I will replay crap like that in my head too if its extreme, but usually just with a lot of cool things I should/coulda/probably-better-I-didn't say rather than self loathing. Usually.

• jthurman3
    edited September 2015
    Options

@lilaclovebird
    I :heart: your gaming confession and you! This is good stuff. I played WoW for years - actually just ended my sub a couple months ago because it was sooooo boring. Anyhow, I enjoy some MMORPG as well... played SWOTR for a bit and Elder Scrolls Online. I'm currently playing Witcher 3 on PS4 and am loving it. I'm not hardcore or anything, though, but I CAN play easily for hours and lose a whole weekend. I have to make myself exercise and do real world things before I play or set an alarm so I don't lose a whole day. Hee hee...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

It really IS them, it has nothing to do with you. They are having a bad day or are just miserable people. They might not realize how negative they're being, or they just want to make others miserable with them. Misery really does love company!

Try not to let them get you down. Accept that THEY are having a bad day but that doesn't mean that YOU have to have a bad day.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I just got a phone call regarding the bat and it is negative for rabies! I wasn't consciously thinking about it much over the last few days, but I was very relieved to hear the good news! :grin:
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I just got a phone call regarding the bat and it is negative for rabies! I wasn't consciously thinking about it much over the last few days, but I was very relieved to hear the good news! :grin:

So, so happy to hear this!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

It really IS them, it has nothing to do with you. They are having a bad day or are just miserable people. They might not realize how negative they're being, or they just want to make others miserable with them. Misery really does love company!

Try not to let them get you down. Accept that THEY are having a bad day but that doesn't mean that YOU have to have a bad day.

This!!

ETA: YAYAYAYYAYAAAYYY on the bat news!!!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Yay!!! That's great news!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I hate confrontation. I get how you feel, completely. But, it really doesn't have anything to do with you. It's on him!
  • mlaccs
    mlaccs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Know what I need to do but have no Discipline. Rather than log 1/2 my food i skip it all and have managed to "find" the 30 pounds I lost last year. Just realized I need to drop 20 pounds in 20 days or I will be banned from a backpack event I have been looking forward to all year. This is just like High School Wrestling minus the quick recovery times......
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon!! I'm thinking of you and sending you hugs! Also kind of wishing you lived down the street, because I'd LOVE to take some of the cookies/brownies off your hands. Hugs some more!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

WOOOO!!! Yay for you and Freya!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    YAY @ShibaEars!! That is wonderful.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    mlaccs wrote: »
    Know what I need to do but have no Discipline. Rather than log 1/2 my food i skip it all and have managed to "find" the 30 pounds I lost last year. Just realized I need to drop 20 pounds in 20 days or I will be banned from a backpack event I have been looking forward to all year. This is just like High School Wrestling minus the quick recovery times......

Unless you are WAAAAAYY bigger than your pic looks, you aren't going to be able to drop 20lbs in 20 days. It might be possible if you kill it in the kitchen and the gym and then shift 10lbs of water weight by going super low carb, running in a garbage bag to dehydrate etc before the weigh in, but you are going to feel like crap. That, or hopefully a nice scale/nice person recording/grace lbs. What's the event?

Good luck man. You're going to need it.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Well put. And dude-in-a-booth wouldn't have a job if customers didn't "mess up" so he should be the one thanking you for giving him a reason to work.

Yay for the bat news @ShibaEars !
  • jthurman3
    Options
    @ShibaEars - I'm so relieved for you and Freya about the bat! When you posted that, I was like "oh dang... I must've skipped some pages here...." I had no idea you were dealing with that!

Confession: I skipped a bunch of pages here on the main thread because I needed to get caught up at work. Heh. Naturally, by "caught up" I mean "stare at the clock intently until I can go home".
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Good Stuff!