New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Quark. Not a new product, but new to me. I picked one up the other day for my Dad to try. He's not fond of the sour taste of yogurt, and I was told quark may be another option. Two thumbs down from us both. Has a chalking understate. Yuck. It's also hard to find (I finally found it at Whole Foods) and expensive ($2.30).

d7v6wziqdc00.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Quark. Not a new product, but new to me. I picked one up the other day for my Dad to try. He's not fond of the sour taste of yogurt, and I was told quark may be another option. Two thumbs down from us both. Has a chalking understate. Yuck. It's also hard to find (I finally found it at Whole Foods) and expensive ($2.30).

d7v6wziqdc00.jpg

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like them at all, lol! I 'only' paid $1.79 though.

It might be that brand though, but as it's the only one we can find here, we don't have much to compare it to.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Got these Sabra Pizza Hummus Singles. Convenient for work, but I thought they taste pretty similar to roasted red pepper hummus. I mean they are good if you like hummus, but if you are expecting a strong pizza flavor you might be disappointed.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sorry, trouble attaching the image.

2fqnway8zy1p.png
  • Francl27
    Options
    I really wish I liked hummus, I'm missing out on a good healthy snack, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Look what showed up in my e-mail today, along with a BOGO coupon. I must have this.

PumpkinSpice-Webpage-Jar.png

Wow that looks good!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I use the Contact Us forms whenever possible. Sometimes they list their company email at the bottom of their website instead. If they don't provide either of them, then I just don't bother trying. It would be a waste of perfectly good paper and stamps imo.
    Thanks! I gave a shot to EPIC bars and was shot down. I definitely appreciate how quick they were to respond.

I gave a few things a shot this weekend. HEB had a 20% off sale in their "Healthy Living" section and had a few samples.
    power-crunch-salted-caramel-bar-400x400.jpg
    I picked up a 9.5g sample of their Power Crunch's salted caramel flavor. The outer layer was fine, but the wafer had a really unsavory aftertaste that completely ruins the caramel.

Because of said sale, I also picked up two Quest Bars, including the newly stocked chocolate mint flavor. I thought it was pretty nice. The mint wasn't at all overpowering and blended well with the chocolate.

chocolatemint.png
    I picked up one this chocolate mint flavor of Metromint water for a dollar. I couldn't really taste any chocolate and the mint was wayyy too weak to be satisfying.

Finally, I bought some red snapper fillets and cooked em' up in some butter for lunch, very delicious!

Yeah, I asked for samples (my dad wanted low carb snacks) and was turned down from them as well. You have to keep trying!

Agree with you on the chocolatemint water. I would recommend trying their lemonmint or peppermint water, though. If you want something chocolatey to drink, sweetleaf's double chocolate and regular chocolate stevia drops are excellent in water.
    I emailed a few others. I'm mostly surprised at how quickly EPIC responded. I'll keep an eye out for the stevia drops. They seem like something my parents would like as well.

That pumpkin spice peanut butter sounds really good. I really need to finish what I have now before I buy something else.

2_c5WJwMX.JPG.750x750_q85.jpg
    Per Kroger's Free Friday Download, I picked up a bottle of this. The flavor was pretty weak, like Metromint. It's not worth the ten calories and 6 dollars, especially when Topo Chico is cheaper and just as tasty.

• mygnsac
    Options
    When I want plain greek yogurt I usually eat Fage 2%, but Tillamook 2% is now my favorite flavored greek yogurts (vanilla and raspberry are my favorites). This stuff is so good. I tried their nonfat versions, but I didn't care for that, but I usually don't like nonfat yogurts.

b5tgc7yuj5am.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    When I want plain greek yogurt I usually eat Fage 2%, but Tillamook 2% is now my favorite flavored greek yogurts (vanilla and raspberry are my favorites). This stuff is so good. I tried their nonfat versions, but I didn't care for that, but I usually don't like nonfat yogurts.

b5tgc7yuj5am.jpg

I've never seen that one.

I must be a weirdo though because I honestly can't tell the difference between Fage 0 and 2% so I just go with 0% now...
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I've never seen that one.

I must be a weirdo though because I honestly can't tell the difference between Fage 0 and 2% so I just go with 0% now...

Or I could be the weirdo because I can tell the difference. ;)

• wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Tillamook is a brand in the pacific northwest! Delicious, I love the coffee flavored one! By far my fave!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Have any of you ever tried Roundy's gelato? If so, what did you think of it?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Have any of you ever tried Roundy's gelato? If so, what did you think of it?

Never heard of it!

Having the Chobani pear cinnamon Greek yogurt. Meh. The flavor is fine but it's not creamy enough, especially for a 2% yogurt. I'm starting to get picky about my yogurt.

I have a TJ Kouign Amans proofing now for a pre-gym snack this afternoon. Will report.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok so this

th?id=JN.7p2WsB43gap6bnTWf0GBBw&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Torture to wait 6 hours for it to proof. Torture to wait while it cooks (OMG THE SMELL). Torture to wait until it cools off (just a couple minutes).

Now, I spent every August in Brittany as I was growing up and I've eaten my share of the real thing, so I had pretty high expectations.

And I wasn't disappointed. It's pretty big and the taste is spot on. The only thing is that it's not as dense as the ones I had in France (the last bites were actually really thin). But that craving I've been having for years is finally satisfied.

Obviously though, 340 calories is tough to fit in... but it's just as good as their chocolate croissants are (haven't tried the almond ones).
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to post a pic or if these are new, found them at Big Lots....Del Monte pickles green beans...they remind me of sweet pickles....I think I give them a yay :neutral:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    brilynn79 wrote: »
    Not sure how to post a pic or if these are new, found them at Big Lots....Del Monte pickles green beans...they remind me of sweet pickles....I think I give them a yay :neutral:

Sounds interesting.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Look what showed up in my e-mail today, along with a BOGO coupon. I must have this.

PumpkinSpice-Webpage-Jar.png

OMG - I need to find this. That is my favorite brand of peanut butter so I'm assuming the pumpkin flavor is amazing :)