Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    Anyone watch Wayward Pines? I am just watching the first episode now.....
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

Oh no!! I watched the first season of True Detective and was NOT impressed.......
    May I ask, can you tell me what you did not like about it, without spoilers, or no?
    Maybe we just have different tastes :tongue: I liked Wayward Pines for a while and thought it had interesting ideas.... but I didn't particularly like any of the characters and the ending was by far the worst part. I think more than anything I was dissatisfied :lol: Plenty of people do love the show, though. If you continue watching it I want to know what you think!

Why didn't you like True Detective? I think I'm six episodes in.
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.

We call all of that grief bacon here. Pick yourself up dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Scooching over right now to make room!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Hugs
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    ConfessiOn: I'm torqued at my husband right now. Come home after a super long, tiring day to find out he didn't go to work because he had a headache. And he's not going to football practice, so I have to take Payton alone.

I'm just tired and crabby. I'll be better by tomorrow.

I'd be torqued, too. Staying home because of a "headache" is a hot issue for me.
    But, it's tomorrow now, so I guess you're better. :)

You have clearly never had a migraine.

No, I understand that I'm very fortunate that way. I totally get that people have debilitating migraines, and I totally didn't mean to come off as judgmental about anything like that.

My comment is related to my son's senior year of high school. Every time I was traveling for work, he would miss school for a "headache". I took him to doctors after doctors, including a couple of neurologists. He wound up dropping out of school and going back to get his GED. Guess what? No more headaches as soon as he quit school.

Sorry, I get that some people use as an excuse, but as a migraine sufferer, I can say I have missed a few days of work due to headaches, because there is no way I could survive looking at a computer screen when I have one.

I have only had two migraines in my ENTIRE 26 years of existence. I can not leave the BED. Going to the bathroom is a nightmare. I can't have any lights on. I can't have a fan going too fast. EVERY LIGHT and SOUND bounces around in my skull in the most painful way.

It is probably the only illness type thing where I will not audibly complain in ANY way(no moaning, no groaning, no vocalizations at ALL) because even my OWN VOICE hurt my head. Believe me, when I'm sick and in pain and nauseous, I LOVE to complain about it.
    After the first one, if ANYONE called out sick for a migraine, I would cover their shift because they are the worst thing.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! ❤️
    He's doing much better today, the doctor ordered him to not go to work and rest, which he did. He's going back tomorrow, but he says he's feeling better and not hurting now. I'm still going to make him follow up, since my manager at work today told me she had the same issues last year and it turned out to be a really bad ulcer that was causing her problems.

I'm having a moment of reminiscing tonight, because as of tomorrow morning, I'll officially have a child in 3K. She's beyond excited, I'm wondering where in the hell the time and my baby girl went! :cry:

Glad to hear hubby's doing better!! And big hugs on the baby growing up. Kypton got moved into the PreK room today and I have to admit on having a few tears in my eyes!

Ditto to this. And I'm going to be a wreck on the 14th when my little man goes!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ConfessiOn: I'm torqued at my husband right now. Come home after a super long, tiring day to find out he didn't go to work because he had a headache. And he's not going to football practice, so I have to take Payton alone.

I'm just tired and crabby. I'll be better by tomorrow.

I'd be torqued, too. Staying home because of a "headache" is a hot issue for me.
    But, it's tomorrow now, so I guess you're better. :)

You have clearly never had a migraine.

No, I understand that I'm very fortunate that way. I totally get that people have debilitating migraines, and I totally didn't mean to come off as judgmental about anything like that.

My comment is related to my son's senior year of high school. Every time I was traveling for work, he would miss school for a "headache". I took him to doctors after doctors, including a couple of neurologists. He wound up dropping out of school and going back to get his GED. Guess what? No more headaches as soon as he quit school.

Sorry, I get that some people use as an excuse, but as a migraine sufferer, I can say I have missed a few days of work due to headaches, because there is no way I could survive looking at a computer screen when I have one.

I fully understand your pain, my momma gave me that lovely migraine gene. Thankfully I don't get them all that often but when I do man oh man I am down and out, throwing up from the pain.

Mine too! Started about a year ago (early 30s onset is common). I've only had two full-blown ones, because I started making adjustments as soon as the first one happened, and figuring out what was mostly likely triggering them. I've had inklings since then, but have managed to keep them at bay by chugging water, and taking enough aspirin for two of me.

I'm actually considering a trip to the doctor to try and get a legitimate diagnosis and get a script for some serious "just in case" meds. I cannot deal with the blurred vision - how would I get home if it started anywhere else? :(

I wouldn't.
    Call the ambulance. I'm just going to curl up here under with my head under my shirt and die. No sirens please.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

We call all of that grief bacon here. Pick yourself up dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Scooching over right now to make room!

Yup. I'll scoot down a bit too. There's room for all of us! :)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Still doing confessions?

If so, I drink....a lot.

Like to the point where I have to save massive amount of weekend calories to get my drink on.

Sad....

Welcome Friend *hug*

Yes, welcome! What's your preference? *raises wine bottle and gestures to the vodka, gin, and whiskey*
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird
    I :heart: your gaming confession and you! This is good stuff. I played WoW for years - actually just ended my sub a couple months ago because it was sooooo boring. Anyhow, I enjoy some MMORPG as well... played SWOTR for a bit and Elder Scrolls Online. I'm currently playing Witcher 3 on PS4 and am loving it. I'm not hardcore or anything, though, but I CAN play easily for hours and lose a whole weekend. I have to make myself exercise and do real world things before I play or set an alarm so I don't lose a whole day. Hee hee...

Thanks @jthurman3 I didn't realize I would be getting so much gamer love in here! I stopped playing MMO's largely after I divorced my husband. I went back to WoW for a little while and they have ANOTHER expansion coming out, but I canceled my scrip and I'm more focused on real life things and real life friends. Like you guys! :laugh:
  • hevans120786
    hevans120786 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Still doing confessions?

If so, I drink....a lot.

Like to the point where I have to save massive amount of weekend calories to get my drink on.

Sad....

Yes, we still do confessions. Please just tell me you don't drive drink. And consider asking yourself if you chose not to this weekend, how hard would it be?

It also matters WHY you drink. I enjoy the flavors of alcohol. I LOVE different kinds of wine(I'm persuading my dad to try a new pinot noir tonight!). I also enjoy whiskey and sipping vodkas.

Because my reason is I enjoy the alcohol, I work in a serving a day(plus wine is allegedly 'good for you') in a carefully calculated manor that wont deprive me of my nutritious food. Because I love food too much to EVER let that go.

Others drink just to get drunk or to self medicate a pain issue. Be it physical or emotional.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @ejb060793 grief bacon is okay. One bad day surely will not ruin all of the hard work you have accomplished so far. Just start again tomorrow. *scooches over to make more room* You can sit here by me! :grin:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...

@MoHousdon, have you gotten BINGO yet?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    @spamarie, please tell me you actually said that! That's the perfect reaction, not attacking yourself but a very clear indication that he was being unfathomably rude. Very much in the Dear Ann/Abby/Prudence advice column vein of "...whatever would make you say that?". I approve heartily.

Editing to add that I saw the photo in the batcave and you look adorable and not oversized in the slightest. Short (and short torsoed) women usually show faster from what I've observed because there's just nowhere for it to hide!

That is in fact what I said. Woe betide any unwanted bump-touchers. I might just touch them back to demonstrate how awkward it actually is, I haven't decided (thankfully it hasn't happened yet). I don't like to be rude but I do think people sometimes need it highlighted to them when something is unacceptable.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    My migraines aren't particularly painful (thankfully) but they're still incapacitating as I get so many 'special effects' I can't really see. Starts off with the silver flashes. Then my peripheral vision goes, as in I'll hold my finger up and move it to the side and it disappears without me being aware there's a blind spot. Very strange feeling. Finally I get a dark patch in the centre of what I'm looking at as though I'd stared too long at the sun. Very distracting. I have to sit in a dark room until it passes. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often, and not in the past year, and I can often curtail it by downing loads of water at the silver flashes stage. The optician says my eyes are fine. No way would I drive in that state. I feel sorry for any of you migraine sufferers who get pain too. That must be awful.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I did. I was ready to give up by about episode 4/5 when there was a good twist and I quite liked it then. I found it slow to get going, so stick with it.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

Oh no!! I watched the first season of True Detective and was NOT impressed.......
    May I ask, can you tell me what you did not like about it, without spoilers, or no?

I didn't like true detective either, although I didn't give that one much of a chance, I'm not even sure I got through a full episode. I work away quite often and there are definitely shows I give up on a lot quicker at times I'm not around much. Right now the only thing I want to watch is criminal minds though. Been working through from the beginning, can't believe I'd never watched it before.
  • girldownsouth
    Options

Maybe less of a deficit might help you. I personally would be hungry on so few calories and more likely to have days like that. I hope you're feeling better now.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I just got a phone call regarding the bat and it is negative for rabies! I wasn't consciously thinking about it much over the last few days, but I was very relieved to hear the good news! :grin:

thats brilliant news. Go celebrate!