The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This is why I work nights. Mr. Cranky from housekeeping forgot his badge and so he can't get his keys from the lock box and can't get his work done.
    I asked him if he has a specific place where he puts his badge when he gets home and he gets this look on his face as if I'M the idiot and gives me his story in this smart *kitten* tone.

He apparently got very sweaty yesterday afternoon and decided to change his shirt when he went home for lunch and his badge was attached to his shirt. When he went to get the badge this morning, it wasn't on 'my shirt no more.'

My thoughts: MD Anderson GIVES YOU a BADGE HOLDER and a fricking LANYARD to keep YOUR BADGE ON! So why not wear the lanyard, put a hook by the door, and make it a habit to hook the lanyard on the hook whenever you walk through the door.

I did that bartending with my keys. I bought a lanyard for them and hung them on the hook by the door. Sometimes, I'd go to the grocery store with my work keys on because it was such a habit. And THAT is OKAY, because I never forgot my keys or lost them for work.

Note: This is not the first time he's lost his badge. He mentioned he has a badge in his drawer in the office. Which he cannot get into because he cannot get his keys out of the box with his badge.

But I'm the idiot. :grumble:

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you wish you could tell this story to them later and change the names and see if they think that person is an idiot.
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    According to Sergeant Smith, this happens SO often that even if I DID change the names, he would probably know it was about himself.... :angry: :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Maybe he should leave his badge at the security office and pick it up when he comes to work. Or maybe he get sent home and get docked pay for each day he misses. What an ultra maroon.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Maybe he should leave his badge at the security office and pick it up when he comes to work. Or maybe he get sent home and get docked pay for each day he misses. What an ultra maroon.

He actually just got sent home by his supervisor and told he can clock in (because we do THAT with our badges too) when he gets back with his badge. NO use of the exception log for HIM!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hope that helps him remember. Losing your badge is a security risk. It shouldn't be taken lightly.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, if it were me, i'd certainly not be here to post about it! ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good point. :laugh: I had a friend in High School fall on a high tension power line while trying to get a kite from a tree. He made quite the light show but did survive with serious burns. He was in the hospital for a week and at home for 4 more weeks with skin graphs to follow. He wouldn't have been able to post either since you mention it. They don't let you post from ICU. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to be really bad about losing my keys...to the point that I had to take a cab to work once! I'm super OCD about putting my keys in the same place every time now!
  • belimawr
    Options
    I find that if I don't put my keys in the same place every time, I can't find them, even if they're in plain sight! :-\
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    4yfsybu0nnwz.jpg
    @ Frankie_Felinius -thought you might get a kick out of this!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Back to work for me tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm a little OCD about my keys as well. They go on the hook by the kitchen and if they don't, well, they only go on the hook so there are no "and if they don'ts" :smile:
  • adamcourt
    adamcourt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian just seen ya message sorry for the late reply well I do Freelance Security and currently on nightshits duty for few months
  • adamcourt
    adamcourt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I take everything as pinch of salt as never take things to heart
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I just found out there are no classes Monday. I get an entire day off, y'all!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Gotta love Labor Day. I'll be working so I'm hoping to get some holiday pay, woot woot!
  • belimawr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I managed to set myself up with a four day weekend for the holiday, a feat for sure as usually it's difficult to get one day off any weekend being short on people. And of course, all my friends canceled any plans, so I'll be alone for four days. :neutral:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'll be working. More likely I'll be dying at that will be the end of an 86 hour shift. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'll be working. More likely I'll be dying at that will be the end of an 86 hour shift. :frowning:
    He always wins... :# I think he likes it. ;)