Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I peeled the crayon wrappers off my color blind brothers crayons, so he could not read the colors. Then I would get all the crayons.

I feel like I ought to think that's mean, but also like I would have done it to the youngest bother in a heartbeat if he were color blind.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: Here is my ridiculous confession for today. I was craving something sweet, (pie) and went (via stairs) to 4 different vending machines in the building, until I found it! the glorious Mrs. Bairds Apple Pie! I inserted my dollar, punched the letter/number combo for the pie, and voila!! the machine gives me a roll of pep o mint life savers. (I hit the wrong letter) It was my last one dollar bill!!! It was like my subconscious was keeping me from having that 400 calorie pie. I am not even a fan of the pep o mint life savers!

When my head started hurting during court today, I would have paid you a dollar for one Pep-o-mint life saver. I don't know why, but peppermint stops my headaches almost immediately.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession...I haven't been to the gym since Sunday and won't go again til Friday. I'm supposed to go tonight but I'm so tired. Think my body is telling me to take a rest. So I'm trying not to feel guilty about it! I'll just have to add in an extra day next week which should be fine cause I'm off work Monday so I'll go then. It's ok, right?

It's always okay to listen to your body.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I peeled the crayon wrappers off my color blind brothers crayons, so he could not read the colors. Then I would get all the crayons.

As a fellow colour blind kid, that's cruel!

That was my first thought, but then I realized if I could've done something like this to my youngest older brother after he threw a green snake at me, I would have.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Jury duty is interesting, but I if I ever see the prosecutor outside court, I am going to tell her to learn muzzle discipline. She waved a shotgun in my face 3 times today. And, truthfully, the shotgun had nothing much to do with the alleged crime. It just happened to be in the defendant's truck at the time.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    Anyone watch Wayward Pines? I am just watching the first episode now.....
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

Oh no!! I watched the first season of True Detective and was NOT impressed.......
    May I ask, can you tell me what you did not like about it, without spoilers, or no?
    Maybe we just have different tastes :tongue: I liked Wayward Pines for a while and thought it had interesting ideas.... but I didn't particularly like any of the characters and the ending was by far the worst part. I think more than anything I was dissatisfied :lol: Plenty of people do love the show, though. If you continue watching it I want to know what you think!

Why didn't you like True Detective? I think I'm six episodes in.
    In general, I found it drawn out and boring. I stuck with it because of the reviews and thought for sure it would pay off in the end.....it did not. I cannot say why until you are finished though. Is this season one you are watching? I never bothered with season two.
    I can see why you would find it boring. Wayward Pines might indeed be more your thing :tongue: I am watching the first season... I heard that the second season is much worse so I probably won't be bothering with it. I'm curious... have you seen Mad Men and if so did you like it?

I have never watched Mad Men, and do not think it would be my thing.

Did anyone here watch Queer As Folk (US version)? That is like my favorite show ever, EVER!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I love both seasons of TD. Vince Vaughn was the weakest part of season 2 but I even liked how his character's arch ended.

I'm really just watching Narcos (...well, trying to stay still long enough to watch it on the desktop) and Fear the Walking Dead atm
    I WAS watching Hannibal, but that ended prematurely last week. It did have a perfect ending.

Glad to hear the bat was negative @ShibaEars !
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.
    Why do people do this? I hope today turns out better!

I wanted to like Hannibal SO BAD, I watched the entire first season and just was not loving it.....

I have Fear of the Walking Dead recorded but have not started it yet.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Really embarrassing...
    Last night, my husband asked me to cut up some of his spicy pickles. I cut them up, brought them in to him, then went to the bathroom without washing my hands first. Wiping burnt so badly that I sat in the bathtub for 20 minutes just trying to soak my areas and get all the pickle juice off. I now feel as though I can identify better with those who have suffered from chlamydia.

Hahahaha!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    When I was younger my mom use to put me in charge of the task of feeding the cats and a few times I actually ate some of the cat food (wet). Looking back I have no clue WHY i would do that. However, if I remember correctly it wasn't that bad tasting hahahha.

Haha! I split 2 cans of food between my 5 cats every day. I get freaked out if I even get any on my hands. LOL
    I'm such a wimp about dirty hands. I hate getting dirty.

Me too, on all of the above! I do not like it getting anywhere and hate having dirty hands at all!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Well, you all were busy over the weekend and just now I am getting a chance to really catch up. @ShibaEars so glad the bat was negative. Huge relief for you!! I don't really get migraines, but I have seen my sister go through them and can sympathize with those of you that do get them. I have been trying to figure out what I want to watch next, but I have been walking more and losing interest in TV and movies pretty much. Give me a good book.

Lee Ann! What are you reading now? I'm a book lover, ever in search of the next great story. :-)

Hope I don't let anyone down, but I love Stephen King. Some of his more recent books I have enjoyed alot. Dr. Sleep is a sequel to The Shining. It was a good one. Then he has tied story lines across a couple of new books with Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers. I finally got to read 11/22/63. It was an interesting spin on time travel and how changing things can possibly affect the future. Also, a guilty pleasure of mine, I like young adult ficiton and have been reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I am going to write down some of the books you guys are reading. Most of it for me is pure escape.

why would you say that? He is brilliant!! I remember when Green Mile first came out in six parts, my friend and I used to cross the border every week to get the newest part because it came out like two days earlier than here!!

I will admit I have not read anything new of his in a long time, my taste is pretty much exclusively non-fiction now.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Well, you all were busy over the weekend and just now I am getting a chance to really catch up. @ShibaEars so glad the bat was negative. Huge relief for you!! I don't really get migraines, but I have seen my sister go through them and can sympathize with those of you that do get them. I have been trying to figure out what I want to watch next, but I have been walking more and losing interest in TV and movies pretty much. Give me a good book.

Lee Ann! What are you reading now? I'm a book lover, ever in search of the next great story. :-)

Hope I don't let anyone down, but I love Stephen King. Some of his more recent books I have enjoyed alot. Dr. Sleep is a sequel to The Shining. It was a good one. Then he has tied story lines across a couple of new books with Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers. I finally got to read 11/22/63. It was an interesting spin on time travel and how changing things can possibly affect the future. Also, a guilty pleasure of mine, I like young adult ficiton and have been reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I am going to write down some of the books you guys are reading. Most of it for me is pure escape.

Love Stephen King. Love. He is a master at character development, even though a lot of his endings suck. LOL I adore his short stories for the most part, and he's got a new collection coming out in November! *squee*

That I may have to read, his short stuff is amazing!!

Anyone love Rose Madder? That was one of my favorites by him. It is not a short, but really good.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

Oh no!! I watched the first season of True Detective and was NOT impressed.......
    May I ask, can you tell me what you did not like about it, without spoilers, or no?
    Maybe we just have different tastes :tongue: I liked Wayward Pines for a while and thought it had interesting ideas.... but I didn't particularly like any of the characters and the ending was by far the worst part. I think more than anything I was dissatisfied :lol: Plenty of people do love the show, though. If you continue watching it I want to know what you think!

Why didn't you like True Detective? I think I'm six episodes in.
    In general, I found it drawn out and boring. I stuck with it because of the reviews and thought for sure it would pay off in the end.....it did not. I cannot say why until you are finished though. Is this season one you are watching? I never bothered with season two.

Such a good decision. I watched and I will never get that time back...

That is how I felt about season one, so I was not about to do that again!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: Here is my ridiculous confession for today. I was craving something sweet, (pie) and went (via stairs) to 4 different vending machines in the building, until I found it! the glorious Mrs. Bairds Apple Pie! I inserted my dollar, punched the letter/number combo for the pie, and voila!! the machine gives me a roll of pep o mint life savers. (I hit the wrong letter) It was my last one dollar bill!!! It was like my subconscious was keeping me from having that 400 calorie pie. I am not even a fan of the pep o mint life savers!

I would be so sad if I went to that much effort!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

The 1st season, right? Let me know when you're finished watching it. The acting was amazing!

ETA: Yay about the no-rabies news. You must be so relieved!
    Yes! I admit I have never been a big fan of Matthew Mcconaughey, mostly because I always want to yell at him to CLOSE HIS MOUTH (I ruined him for my mom and boyfriend after making them notice this)... but he is an amazing actor and is definitely growing on me. I love him in True Detective so far.

Have you seen Dallas Buyers Club yet? He was great in that! And Jared Leto was AMAZING!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession...I haven't been to the gym since Sunday and won't go again til Friday. I'm supposed to go tonight but I'm so tired. Think my body is telling me to take a rest. So I'm trying not to feel guilty about it! I'll just have to add in an extra day next week which should be fine cause I'm off work Monday so I'll go then. It's ok, right?

It's always okay to listen to your body.

Agreed!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

It's incredibly rare in women, if I remember my high school biology genetics section correctly. I believe it requires the gene from both parents.

I actually didn't think women could be color blind.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Aww man, what a bummer! but good for saving you some calories, I guess.
    Same sort of thing happened to @pofoster21 last night with her McFlurry. She just posted about it in the Batcave. Someone is watching out for you guys in the calories department! I need a calorie-saving fairy!

This is really funny. And I do think someone was looking out for me. And I am so over it now! I wasn't happy last night though.
  • Oberon21
    Options

This really was pure genius
  • Oberon21
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I will be honest, I am having trouble remembering a lot of your names. I am terrible with names.

Me too!

Me three. I keep the excel sheet nearby so I can practice.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

It's incredibly rare in women, if I remember my high school biology genetics section correctly. I believe it requires the gene from both parents.

I actually didn't think women could be color blind.

Yeah, it is an X-linked recessive gene. Since men only have one X, it is far more common in them. But a female can have it if both parents are color blind, or if the father is color blind and the mother is a carrier of the gene (most likely scenario). Sons get it from mom.