Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: Here is my ridiculous confession for today. I was craving something sweet, (pie) and went (via stairs) to 4 different vending machines in the building, until I found it! the glorious Mrs. Bairds Apple Pie! I inserted my dollar, punched the letter/number combo for the pie, and voila!! the machine gives me a roll of pep o mint life savers. (I hit the wrong letter) It was my last one dollar bill!!! It was like my subconscious was keeping me from having that 400 calorie pie. I am not even a fan of the pep o mint life savers!

When my head started hurting during court today, I would have paid you a dollar for one Pep-o-mint life saver. I don't know why, but peppermint stops my headaches almost immediately.

THIS! I keep super minty gum on me all the time for that very reason. It's an instant-stop until the aspirin can kick in.

Testing this out, I have a headache right now, and I am opening the unwanted pep-o-mints now.

Let me know if it works.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I stalk the profiles of people who make me laugh in forums. Then I friend them. Then I panic that they're going to think I'm a creep.

^That was my first contribution to this thread. (On page 27)

I'm super bored at work today.

This is funny! I'm going to friend you now, I hope you don't think I'm a creep :)

I friended @MoHousdon right after posting that and she responded by calling me a creep on the board so... ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    If you need a chuckle, there are some funny comments in here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10243927/gym-etiquette/p1

Some pictures in it are probably NSFW!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If you need a chuckle, there are some funny comments in here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10243927/gym-etiquette/p1

Sometimes I'm thankful that photos don't load at work.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Sometimes I'm thankful that photos don't load at work.

You might know @tincanonastring weighed in on that :smiley:

Seriously, thanks for the laugh!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I stalk the profiles of people who make me laugh in forums. Then I friend them. Then I panic that they're going to think I'm a creep.

This is funny! I'm going to friend you now, I hope you don't think I'm a creep :)

I friended @MoHousdon right after posting that and she responded by calling me a creep on the board so... ;)

I've been stalked by you today. Good thing I think kittehs are harmless and cute.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Confession: Here is my ridiculous confession for today. I was craving something sweet, (pie) and went (via stairs) to 4 different vending machines in the building, until I found it! the glorious Mrs. Bairds Apple Pie! I inserted my dollar, punched the letter/number combo for the pie, and voila!! the machine gives me a roll of pep o mint life savers. (I hit the wrong letter) It was my last one dollar bill!!! It was like my subconscious was keeping me from having that 400 calorie pie. I am not even a fan of the pep o mint life savers!

When my head started hurting during court today, I would have paid you a dollar for one Pep-o-mint life saver. I don't know why, but peppermint stops my headaches almost immediately.

THIS! I keep super minty gum on me all the time for that very reason. It's an instant-stop until the aspirin can kick in.

Testing this out, I have a headache right now, and I am opening the unwanted pep-o-mints now.

Let me know if it works.

I would say it did help.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Bahahhaa this is why I love you!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Hahaha, she would! ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Let me know if it works.

I would say it did help.

Good. Now you didn't waste your dollar.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Let me know if it works.

I would say it did help.

Thanks for the tip!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Thanks for the warning. I waited until I got home to click. I was thinking of one if the teachers at my gym the whole time. A couple of months ago, she stopped hip hop class during warm up and told two teenagers to leave and come back wearing pants that fit because "they're your lady parts, but I am not looking at them while I teach."
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Let me know if it works.

I would say it did help.

Thanks for the tip!
    Happy to share. I learned it from my grandmother.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Thanks for the warning. I waited until I got home to click. I was thinking of one if the teachers at my gym the whole time. A couple of months ago, she stopped hip hop class during warm up and told two teenagers to leave and come back wearing pants that fit because "they're your lady parts, but I am not looking at them while I teach."

Do you think they dressed that way intentionally? I don't think any woman would purposely go for that "look". It would be mortifying to have it pointed out, especially in front of a group of people!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

This morning I was tired and struggling to get going and I forgot to pick up the sandwich my boyfriend made me that was right in front of me. He handed it to me and told me I was ungrateful. I said I'm not, just not very with it. He told me that if I go to the toilet to make sure I remember to take my (under)pants down if that's what my brain is like. Sorry @spamarie ;)

Sounds a bit harsh. Ouch!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    God you people are chatty! I can't keep up it's stressing me out!

1. I hope they put Fear the Walking Dead on Netflix like they did Walking Dead.
    2. Today hates me :(

We love you!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Do you think they dressed that way intentionally? I don't think any woman would purposely go for that "look". It would be mortifying to have it pointed out, especially in front of a group of people!

When the super low waist jeans were in (thanks Britney Spears) a kid at the barn who was like 17 came into the barn to ride. I told her I would appreciate it if she never wore those jeans around me again as I didn't enjoy seeing her public hair. She was pretty shocked. But seriously. It was ridiculous.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I totally remember reading this!!!!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #15

dude was nice enough, and i'd say his photos online to in person reality ratio was a good 75%-80%. which at this point is amazing. lol

he talked. a lot. a real lot.
    he picked the place, which apparently is his normal spot because he knew about 60% of the people that came in. which i'm not sure why, but i find that kinda awkward. i'm just idly sitting there while some dude is talking about the next clam bake or tractor pull or whatever. not that fun.

decided to play a round of pool. ok, i fully admit i'm terrible at it, but it's still fun to try. so we're playing the game and a dude stops over and puts a quarter on the table to "hold the next game." alright. so i'm losing epically, dude wins and i've still got most of my balls on the table. which to me has always meant, ok! now you can keep trying and get more practice, so maybe one day you won't suck at pool! awesome! well apparently the quarter dude was in a serious hurry to play, 'cause he comes over and starts pushing the remaining balls into various pockets.

this is super not cool to me. it's flat out rude, and rarely do i ever shy away from letting someone know if i think they're being rude to me. i think my exact line was, dude, what the f**k do you think you're doing? and he's all well yer done yer game is over, i put my quarter on the table. we exchange a few not so polite adjectives, and the dude i'm with? does nothing. just stands there, then quietly says well he's kinda right, and walks with me back to the bar.

dude, seriously? ok whatevs. but i fully admit i struggle to let things go. this issue intensifies after a few beverages. a lil time goes by, the lil jerk is still playing his round of pool, and i just say f it, get up walk over to the pool table, where he's about to go for the eight ball, grab it off of the table, drop it in the corner pocket and say oh? were you playing? 'cause yer done now douche canoe. a few more terse back and forths, i flip him off and go back to the bar. dude i'm there with? never left the bar.

now i get it, guy meets a chick for the first time, i don't expect him to be all knight in shining armor, but can you at least back me up a little? maybe a hey, don't talk to her that way, or dude, that's not cool. something? maybe make sure i'm not over there getting my face bashed in (which i know will happen eventually, my mouth is making sure of it)?

stayed out way too late (shocking, i know!), definitely paying for that aspect of it today. omg. overall? dude was nice, but i wasn't overly attracted to him and he didn't have my back (although he did pay for my beverages, which got him a few points). yeah, soooooo no.

... next!

I suck at pool too but I've always loved playing. I'm okay with sucking because I'm very non-competitive and I'm just playing for fun.

What often has happened to me after losing and leaving a whole mess of balls on the table is that the winner will then take the opportunity to show off his superior skills by sinking MY balls too, in a really condescending "let me show you how it's done" way. Which always makes me want to stab him with a cue... but I've never actually followed through on that, fortunately.

Sounds like we need a girls night out of pool playing. I am not the best, but I do ok. Love to play when I get the chance, but my hubby is really good, and tries to direct me all the time and I am all like, let me be and make my shot my way.

I play in a weekly billiards league. It is a double jeopardy league, which means we play both 8 ball and 9 ball. I love to play pool. It has become a family thing for us, we were on a team with some co-workers that has evolved over time to me, my husband, my two sons, one of my daughter in laws, my son's best friend and two guys that work with me and hubby (we work at the same company).

I LOVE to play pool. And I am terrible. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Not sure how active people are in here during my daytime(UK) but after quick advice.
    I'm having one of my periods of not sleeping- basically just because my body refuses to.(I've had about 8 hours over 3 days) I managed to do a (poor) weights workout yesterday but am wondering whether I'm just being a wimp by reconsidering working out today also or if I should just give my body a rest?
    I'm currently feeling very on edge. I'm seriously about 1 snarky comment away from punching someone in work. I was already stressed as a member of senior management is currently undermining all my decisions for what I can only assume is his own personal amusement considering there is no actual business justification for it - but everything seems to be pushing me closer to breaking point today! Not sure if working out would help the stress or kill me..

And on a completely different note from a few pages back -books, not read Stephen King for years after Insomnia (as in the book not my condition!) put me off, any recommendations anyone?

I think I would claim a mental health day and not go to work!! Sounds like you need some down time. As for the books, keep reading King. They get better.

Thanks. I may go home soon considering I have just sent an email meant for my boss to my boyfriend by accident. On the plus side....at least it wasn't the other way round!!!

I once got a pretty risque email about some weekend plans at work from a coworker whose wife's first name and first two letters of last name were the same as mine, he did not even notice it populated my email address instead of hers. He was very embarrassed. I just replied with something like - Can I bring my husband?

This is too funny! At least it was intended for his wife and not an extramarital affair!