Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA friends, I've been busy at work and was on the go all weekend. I'm also super hungry right now... eating everything in sight! Should still be under goal for the day, assuming I eat the dinner that I have planned out.

BTW- thanks to whoever in this thread clued me into the Fiber One lemon bars. They are delicious. Now I just need some self-control so that I don't gobble them all down during TOM this week. Yikes!
    Not sure if that was me, but I love them too. Freeze them for a bit and they're even better!

Ooh maybe I'll freeze one of my Fiber One Cheesecake Caramel bars & see what it tastes like?

Frozen lemon bars? ooohhh. I'll have to do that tomorrow!
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)

You're going to have such a great time! I'm really excited for you - London is fantastic :smiley:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Edited because I changed my mind.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I just joined my first event ride by our local cycling organization RABA (Richmond Area Bicycling Association) to support their 'Bikes for Kids' program. Beyond excited!

http://www.heartofvabikefestival.org/

Which of the races (how many miles) are you doing? What a great cause.
  • tulips_and_tea
    edited June 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Same here, which is why when we remodeled our kitchen (maybe 5 or 6 years ago?) we went with black appliances. Stainless steel is way too over done anyway. (no offense to anyone that has them and likes them)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

That is so sad, I am so sorry that you guys are going through this....

Did you do something about the cat? IMO you really need to get your house key from her too (I would take the car also, but like you said, that is more up to your husband).

Off topic, what does TL DR stand for?

I'm sure someone already answered this, but it stands for "too long; didn't read". In other words, to sum up an overly long post.

Not to keep beating a dead horse (sorry @pofoster21 ) but Mr. Mo messaged her last night and told her he needed to talk to her about her cat because we can't keep her anymore and that he HAS to have the money for her car tags by Thursday. Her response was "ok".

He told me ( I hope he sticks to it) that if she doesn't have the money to him by Thursday, we're taking the car. Apparently, he'd been thinking about that for a while, but I had no idea. When I see her, I will be asking for my key back. I got really upset last night (not angry) that she is putting in no effort to be a part of our family. It hurts my heart.

The "ok" would have done me in seriously
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I just joined my first event ride by our local cycling organization RABA (Richmond Area Bicycling Association) to support their 'Bikes for Kids' program. Beyond excited!

http://www.heartofvabikefestival.org/

Good for you!!!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I counted out 15 potato chips and threw the rest in the garbage. I got them out the garbage to eat more. I am so ashamed.

I have to crush chips and douse them in gasoline so I don't pick them out of the garbage.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh.

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Good lord y'all have been chatty lol!

@Susieq_1994 I sincerely apologize if I've bothered you with my "colorful" vocabulary. It's a bad habit and I'm trying to nip it, so no more of that on this thread and I'll do my best to keep it from my feed as well!

Raelynn'sDaddy just left about an hour ago for NC and won't be back until Friday. I know I shouldn't really complain, as I know some wives have to deal with their spouses being gone for very long periods of time, but it's still makes me sad. When he's always home every night and then has to go away it just disrupts everything. I know he's helping a coworker and it's that much more money on the 15th of July, but I'd rather have him home with us. I'm worried about how Raelynn is going to be these next few days because the slightest bit of change in her day sends her into a total tailspin. I don't think it's set in that daddy's not going to be coming home tonight just yet.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

@MoHousdon I think you've been more than patient with her and I know it's hard because you don't want to interfere when your husband so desperately wants the relationship, but she's got a ton of growing up to do before she'll get it. In the meantime, that cat has gotta go.

I think all of you have been more than patient listening to and supporting me through all of this. That being said, I think Mr. Mo has had just about all he can take. The cat will be gone by Friday and my husband may be driving a 2015 Kia Optima when he gets back from vacation.

• kellienw335
    Options
    Your kitchen sounds like mine! Tasteless and ugly. ;) I do have all those shiny Samsung appliances (they didn't come with the apartment though, we bought those ourselves), but there's VERY little kitchen space, no air conditioner (you would only know how torturous this is if you lived in the Gulf. My kitchen settles at 30C/86F in the early afternoon), and there's hardly even space to turn around. The cabinets are shiny and plastic and cheap, and half of the doors were already broken when we moved in because they weren't installed properly.

Why isn't the kitchen air conditioned?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

Oh no! Is it too short? What happened?

It just doesn't look good on me. I don't like ponytails either so at some point the long hair has to go I guess. The main issue I think is that I think it makes my double chin (there's some loose skin in there) more noticeable.

Just bleh.

Sometimes seriously it's totally depressing to have done all that work and realize that I'll never like the way I look...

I'm going to guarantee you 100% that you are being overly critical of yourself (just like we all tend to do). If you posted a picture to show us (not that you need to, of course) I bet you look great! All fresh and sassy for summer.

I actually went outside to take some selfies and was looking at them and my first thought was 'who is this person?'. Second thought was that I look too much like my mom. Man I don't like selfies.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Oops! I had already quoted you and then saw you change your mind. I deleted your comment from my quote. (although I saw nothing wrong with your post?)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @Lois_1989 your puppy was beautiful. I love her daintily crossed paws.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I counted out 15 potato chips and threw the rest in the garbage. I got them out the garbage to eat more. I am so ashamed.
    Do as the peanut butter addicts do and drown them in water prior to trashing them. Soggy chips = no bueno!

Great minds think alike because that was the first thing that popped into my head!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Ok guys last night I was dreaming about this thread.....like literally in the dream I was sitting here with my laptop reading and posting...... :|

Done that. Except it was my tablet, not laptop.

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    No sure if I should be proud or ashamed but I just ate my morning snack - melted mozz cheese on a plate! It made me think of this thread because I think that was something people shamefully confessed to eating at the very beginning of the thread, but I think it's a perfectly normal snack. I mean, people eat string cheese and have no issues with that as I snack, why should I be ashamed if I microwave it first? This made me think of other shamefully confessed foods that I also eat and have never thought twice about, like butter on saltines, or the oh so popular spoons of chocolate powder. I'm not sure if this means I have a good relationship with food, or if I have really strange ideas of snacks.
  • kellienw335
    Options

Oops! I had already quoted you and then saw you change your mind. I deleted your comment from my quote. (although I saw nothing wrong with your post?)

Sorry! It wasn't a big deal. I originally said how much I liked the kitchen, but then saw the other posts about being overwhelmed by the color and decided that it really would be too much after awhile.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

Has she ever been in an accident like that? I have twice, once a guy hit me and I ended up facing on coming traffic, the other time my brand new car arrived at a scene where a car had just hit a deer. They were working on the guy with the car that was damaged on the side of the road, but didn't shut down the road. I hit the blood, did a 180 and then slide off the road. Cops saw the whole thing, saw I was fine, didn't come over. I also had a guy fall asleep and hit me after crossing the road.

Even if you were going too fast, its terrifying to be in a situation like that, but if she has never experienced it she might not understand. You are shaking like a leaf after and thanking God you are still alive.

Or ... she could be like my mom and apparently others on here without empathy ;). Not judging of course.

omg. that's just...wow.

she's been in a few accidents over the years (i've been in a few more), so i don't doubt she's been in a similar situation. my mom's just never been big on the emotions. :smile: