Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

HIIII! Welcome! We love new posters! And this thread motivates me too, when I feel like quitting or staying down off that horse, I come here and get back on it again! <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    NSV - Finally got daughter into the weight room!!!! Yay. It was mostly older women, as in retired age women, an older man, a younger man and us. She did it and will return with me. The older women (3 of them) seemed to be taking a semi-private training session as the younger man moved among them gently giving them directions and telling them what exercise to do. It was great to see and they looked pretty fit!

That's great! And what a fun way to train those older ladies have found. I think I might have been intimidated by a personal.trainer when I first started. (Like I said, I went to spot for hubby and git bored.)

Nice! The ladies did seem to be having fun.

Just imagine all of us in a big weight room. We would be having a ball!

I would love that so much!

I sometimes imagine some of the lifters here are with me when I'm doing my thing. Actually, the words of encouragement that I mentally attribute to you guys are often what gets me through my last set of squats.

You know it sounds so weird but I do the same thing when I'm working out haha we are all working out together in my head!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    haha @CountessKitteh you really DO have powers!!! yay for more new people!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I started my fitness journey about 3 weeks ago. My initial weight was 215 lbs. and I am now at 203 lbs. I follow a strict Low-Carb diet ( 1500 calories) and a 25-minute fitness program. I want to reach 160 lbs. in the next 3 months. Any fitness and health advice are welcome and a special person to be my inspiration. :blush:

Congrats on the weight loss so far.

A few questions:

1. Do you have a medical condition to eat low carb?
    2. Why do you want to reach 160 pounds in 3 months?

My advice is if you don't have a medical condition to eat low carb then don't do it. Most people who eat low carb think they're losing weight since they're limiting their carbs when in reality they're eating less overall than they're burning thus creating a deficit to lose weight. Most once they're down to their desired weight go right back to the way they were eating before & gain weight from eating over their deficit. I always try & tell people to eat in a way that will be sustainable for life. Do you see yourself always limiting carbs once you reach your desired weight?

Why are you only eating 1,500 calories a day? Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you could be eating way more than you think. Since you're a 34 year old male I am sure you would need a lot more than 1,500 calories a day. You should look up Scooby's accurate calorie calculator & input your numbers in there & see what it tells you to eat.

Why do you have to reach 160 pounds in 3 months? Event coming up?

Some people do better on low carb...like myself. I feel better, I sleep better...I think everyone is different.

Ditto. I haven't had pasta, rice or a sandwich in 7-8 weeks and I really don't care. I allow myself some potato every now and then. Some people adapt to low carb quite well, and I do think I could do this for the rest of my life. I miss fruit the most, but once I reach my goal weight I can lift it up to 100-150g carbs a day and easily squeeze in fruit :smile:
    I say don't knock it til you try it.

Edit, I'm a bit behind on this thread so apologies

I think I'd miss fruit the most too. I'm happy it's working out so well for you!!

I get sad when I go food shopping and have to walk past all the bright coloured fruit and just head for the veg. Courgette (zucchini I believe in America?) is my new best friend. :yum:

Do you like spaghetti squash? Every now & then I will make that & put a little salad dressing on it or chicken.

I've never heard of this! I've seen spaghetti courgette but not squash. Is it pre-spaghettied or do you have to do it yourself?

It is a squash that when cooked, comes out of the cut half like spaghetti strands. It is a good replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. I use it quite a bit. The texture is more like al dente spaghetti, a bit crunchy but it works. Google it or if you have Pinterest, look it up.

I tried it once. I thought it was gross.

I love it! And it's so easy...I just poke a million holes in it, pop it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes depending on it;s size, cut it open, and scrape it. All I usually put on it is salt, pepper, garlic powder and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese..but not usually. So good!
    Also welcome, @CosmoTI! Don't go back to your rock!! Stay!!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Work is keeping me busy. Welcome newly posted Lurkers. There have to be more too. Get posting!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...

Lois, you have been cracking me up lately!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...

Lois, you have been cracking me up lately!!

:D my pleasure!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    haha @CountessKitteh you really DO have powers!!! yay for more new people!

Seriously! Do we just need to role call every now and then?
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!

Omg seriously, Lois! You need to stop. My son keeps looking over at me me like I'm nuts.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I follow a few lost pet pages on Facebook and someone found a dog that looks almost identical to my dog I had euthanized in October. It is making me feel odd, and actually a little sick. :disappointed:

ETA: the dog looks like it's a stray or been abandoned for some time and I think seeing a dog that looks like Emery in that condition is what's bothering me.

Do you have room for another? Maybe he is,meant for you....

I messaged the lady saying if she couldn't find an owner I might be interested in her. We'll see, there were lots of other people saying they would want her, but I do have experience with the breed so that may weigh in my favour. I'm not sure how my current dog or my roommate (my brother) would feel about it though...
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with my job today. Can you tell?

It doesn't show. ;)

I'm rather fond of bananas, in almost any stage of ripeness other than the extremes, and wouldn't eat more than one or two a day.

I have been known to mush one up in a bowl and just eat mashed banana, as a snack.

Now I'm craving banana. May have to swing by a grocery store on my walk and grab a bunch.

I like bananas, but only in the ripe, starting to freckle stage. Yum. I haven't had any in a while though since I was supposed to be following a nutrition plan with low-ish sugar (she says after eating ice cream last night).

Me too! I'm very picky about my bananas- they can't be too green and they can't be too mushy- they have to be juuuust right. I'm like the Little Read Riding Hood of bananas!

Do you mean Goldilocks?

I did!! Whoops, nice catch!

Lol. I didn't catch that one.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Guilty as charged here ... major lurker since day one and love the camaraderie, support and fun/sad and everything else on the site ... it has rekindled my motivation after gaining back 20lbs of the 50lbs that I lost a few years ago on here ... kudos to all for making it what it is. Awesome :smile:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    My dog, amazing huntress that she (apparently) is, caught a bat last night. I was surprised, and a little impressed. Anyway, the poor little thing's leg/wing was broken so I took it to an emergency vet that was open. I don't know if they'll help it or just euthanize it, but either one is better than letting it suffer outside. I know they're big carriers of rabies, so I wore gloves to pick it up (and threw them away after) and my dog is going today to get her rabies shot (she's due for it anyway).

What surprised me is that Alberta Health Services called me. They wanted to know if any humans had been in contact with it. I told him it was just me and I'd worn gloves so he just told me to call him back if I have any concerns. It makes it seem even more serious than I thought! But I was very careful, and even used vinegar to rinse the blood away in the yard - I don't know if vinegar is strong enough, but it's better than nothing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For some of my friends who have started running or are interested in running but are afraid to because they think they are too heavy, you should check out this woman:

http://fatgirlrunning-fatrunner.blogspot.com/

I read an article about her in Runner's World magazine, that I am going to send to my MFP friends that I have email addresses for. She is inspiring, clearly vastly intelligent and talented and a dedicated runner who does not let her size define her. You should check it out.

I seen a heavier girl jogging last night while I was driving home from work & thought "you go girl." I hope she looks up safety while running, because I noticed she was running with the traffic behind her rather than the other way around.
  • ShibaEars
    edited August 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:

There was a thread here a long time ago asking "what can you lift" and gave you the comparable animal. Hang on, let's see if I can find it...

Okay, here's the link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1315053/what-animal-can-you-lift
  • arithmachick
    arithmachick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I own 1528 right now.

With my newfound power, I request that some of you lurkers (you know you're out there) say hi! :)

Hi!

I confess your user name is super great.

Thank you!

I have a Math degree and thought it was fitting.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

My powers continue! Welcome!

Side note: THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THIS THREAD IS SO IMPORTANT

power-ranger13.gif