Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Today I thought I forgot to wash a bra for work, so I started looking for my cleanest dirty one.. :neutral:

I wear my everyday bras a couple of times before I wash them. My sports bras however.......need a little more attention. :D

Same!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Today I thought I forgot to wash a bra for work, so I started looking for my cleanest dirty one.. :neutral:

done that! Today, I am wearing a pair of trousers that I pulled out of the dirty laundry basket (i only wore them one day), but i am in the office for a morning and then on holiday, so it seemed daft to make clean clothes dirty......i do have a clean top on though....

I have done this as well.... Enjoy you vacation, Nicci!

Yes, do enjoy your holiday. I'll miss you but you!

I am really starting to hate what my phone does to posts here. Nicki, this is supposed to say, I'll miss you but you deserve a holiday full of fun.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Jury duty is interesting, but I if I ever see the prosecutor outside court, I am going to tell her to learn muzzle discipline. She waved a shotgun in my face 3 times today. And, truthfully, the shotgun had nothing much to do with the alleged crime. It just happened to be in the defendant's truck at the time.

I would have LOST MY MIND! Just saying. I might have been calm and collected while mentioning I don't like a gun being waved in my face, but inside I would be RAGING. :rage:

Same here. I would have probably said something right then. That is the number one rule for safety...

I almost did and I did ask the bailiff to speak to her. He assured me he had checked the weapon himself. To which I replied, "not that I don't believe you, but every gun is loaded."
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Have a fantastic vacation, Nicci!! We'll miss you bunches!

Edited to say: I suppose I should have said a fantastic "holiday" :smiley:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

+1 to this! Enjoy :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I ate so much that I threw up. When my mom went to the bathroom she saw it in the toilet (that I forgot to flush) and freaked out, thinking I was bulimic. She was harsh and upset the day after until I finally got her to tell me what crawled up her *kitten*. We sorted it out. She confessed that she thinks I'm losing weight really quickly- and yet I see no difference and eat worse than I have before. I brought it up to a friend in school, I asked her how much she thinks I weigh. She said she's pretty sure I weight 64kg- SIX KILOS MORE than what I actually weigh. Is it bad that I don't believe I've lost weight but still feel really hurt and sensitive about what my friend thinks?
    Honestly, if someone asked me how much they weighed, I'd be off no matter what. The ONLY reason I wasn't surprised when my mom came back from the doctor's office with a packet on obesity is because we're around the same height, and I would borrow her clothes after moving out of the XXL category.

As for your mom, maybe consider scheduling a doctor's appointment and see what they say? Maybe the words of a medical professional can calm her down.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

+1 to this! Enjoy :)
    Yes, have a nice time @orangesmartie !

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @jthurman3 just read a Louise Penny short story. I really enjoyed it so thanks for the recommendation. :smile:

Oh yay!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Her Chief Inspector Gamache series is one of my very favorites. Plus, she's active on Facebook - with real posts that she writes about her daily life and the writing process, etc. It's pretty cool to get that kind of glimpse into who she is.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I squatted 100 pounds today and deadlifted 135, which is my body weight!!

On a related note, my legs feel like jello and I can't move...lol.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If you need a chuckle, there are some funny comments in here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10243927/gym-etiquette/p1

Some pictures in it are probably NSFW!

Thanks for the warning. I waited until I got home to click. I was thinking of one if the teachers at my gym the whole time. A couple of months ago, she stopped hip hop class during warm up and told two teenagers to leave and come back wearing pants that fit because "they're your lady parts, but I am not looking at them while I teach."

Do you think they dressed that way intentionally? I don't think any woman would purposely go for that "look". It would be mortifying to have it pointed out, especially in front of a group of people!

These two girls - 16ish - did it on purpose. They had on running shorts and no knickers (we agreed to use that word, right?) Amanda wasn't kidding. I could see their lady parts from behind when they bent at the waist; she could see them from the front when they did squats.

:grimace: Yikes
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

YES!!! Outstanding job!!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Woohoo!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    For those of us in the U.S. Yay! For a long weekend!!!!

And Canada too! :wink:

Have a great holiday @orangesmartie !
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I wear my everyday bras a couple of times before I wash them. My sports bras however.......need a little more attention. :D

My bras are too expensive($60-120), I rotate them and at least rinse them after every wearing. I have 4 'regular' bras and 2 sports bras. I can not do any kind of bra that expands enough to fit over my head because if it fits over my shoulders it doesn't provide enough compression for high impact activities.

I LIVE for the day my breasts shrink enough where I can go to Walmart and buy a bra for $20!

I feel ya on that. Mine are too big for any kind of sports bra other than high compression. I have found a couple from Champion that work well. Very little movement with running or jumping activity.

Someone posted links earlier in the thread for good sports bras. I bought one on Amazon that is awesome. PM me if your interested.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    For those of us in the U.S. Yay! For a long weekend!!!!

Woohoo! Leaving early today too!
  • ShibaEars
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Confession: I don't know what is wrong with me but today has been a bad food day. I already ate all 10 twinkies from the box I bought this morning.

I was at my lowest weight before vacation and now I just can't seem to get back to being good with food...

Tomorrow hopefully.

I am seriously impressed with the 10 Twinkies. I probably shouldn't admit that in here.

Haha thanks for the laugh! It was another one of those things where while you are eating them you are thinking, "these aren't even that good." Definitely not like the old twinkies. :) I ate five for breakfast and five for lunch. Haha so embarassing!

I NEED to eat better. I probably gained like 10 lbs the last couple weeks. I have a co-worker who is about the same size as me who always complains about not being able to lose weight yet eats the free food we have around the site every time (while I almost always pass). She didn't seem to believe that I had lost weight recently. My goal is to lose more weight so that she will know that I'm not lying. Seems silly but I'm hoping it will motivate me to get going on losing weight again.

Sometimes impressing others can be a powerful motivation!

Yep it can. I love watching the look on my exes face when I drop off Kypton and I have lost more weight. I may also always wear my nicest clothes and have my hair and make up done just because!

My ex works in the same building as me, but in a different department so we never see each other (Thankfully!). But each December, the company puts on a Christmas & awards lunch for the building and it's in his department. I'll be getting an award so I'll have to walk up in front of everyone, including him. I'm using this as part of my motivation to work my butt off in this new 12 week exercise program I'll be starting.

ETA: If for whatever reason I don't feel like I'm looking "hot" enough I will probably be "sick" that day :neutral:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...

This made me laugh. I think I need pictures.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

Lovely jello to start the Labor Day weekend. :wink:

Congrats!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:

Mr. Mo squatted me on his shoulders last week. It was awesome!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:

Mr. Mo squatted me on his shoulders last week. It was awesome!

That is badass... Go Mr Mo go!