Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I squatted 100 pounweights are no joke, congratulationstoday and deadlifted 135, which is my body weight!!

On a related note, my legs feel like jello and I can't move...lol.

We're almost pretty much the same person. Those weights are no joke, congratulations!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:

Mr. Mo squatted me on his shoulders last week. It was awesome!

Mr. Mo is a stud!

Yes, he is!

• MoHousdon
    edited September 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    [quoteDon't loerJaye;33821665"]
    *post date update*

first date #14

interacting online and via text, things were pretty cool.
    good, fun interactions, actual conversations that moved past the "hi, how's your day going?" type thing.
    but despite fun convo, dude kinda seemed like he was never going to actually ask me out, so on friday, i was like hey, if you wanna hang out let me know! so then we ended up going to a local place that evening.

in person, it was....awkward?
    he was really quiet and withdrawn. which, i get the whole nervous first date type thing, but usually after a few hours, that lightens up a little. only it didn't. he just didn't seem very interested, and that's totally fine. but it still feels weird. so after a few hours, a few beverages, my filter ceases to exist, and upon saying good night (no attempt at a kiss or even a hug), the phrase "you poor boy" slipped out. eep.

que the ensuing text argument wherein any chance of a second date was destroyed. so despite what appeared to be a total lack of all interest, dude says he had a good time. but of course at this point, i'm all angsty and annoyed and say as much in regards to his stand-offishness, to which he does the fine, it's all me whatever, thing.

done and done.

i miss mr.jerkface more than i care to admit :(

Stupid frogs. I wish I could just conjure up Mr. Right-for-you and send him your way! <3

hehehehe, i wish you could too!

i just want to come home from work one day and have a cute dude sitting on my front porch, he knows all my weird quirks, likes to clean, can make me laugh, and wants to love me forevers.
    is that too much to ask for?

:'(
    This broke my heart. He's out there but he's a man so he won't stop and ask for directions.

Haha, that's totally what I'm gonna keep telling myself! [/quote]

I had to physically hit Mr. Mo with a door for our meet cute. Don't lose heart.
    I have no idea why the quote is all jacked up.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Total lurker here, been reading from day 1. Commented a few times. All of you guys are so amazing and supportive of each other. I can't believe the thread has been going so long. Confession time for me, it's late and I'm back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off (looking after my Dad while my mum was on holiday) and I'm not looking forward to it. In the last fortnight I have eaten all of the foods, literally, there is now a chocolate and pizza shortage in my home town and it's all my fault.

Also KylerJaye, my boyfriend is 15 years younger than me and we've been together 3 years - if it works at the time for both of you, I see no issue. And I'm sorry for butting in, but I feel like I know you all :smile:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

Hahahaha!! You cougar you!! Good luck let us know how it goes!! xoxo
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hi @ScarletShopaholic !! Happy to see your post!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Total lurker here, been reading from day 1. Commented a few times. All of you guys are so amazing and supportive of each other. I can't believe the thread has been going so long. Confession time for me, it's late and I'm back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off (looking after my Dad while my mum was on holiday) and I'm not looking forward to it. In the last fortnight I have eaten all of the foods, literally, there is now a chocolate and pizza shortage in my home town and it's all my fault.

Also KylerJaye, my boyfriend is 15 years younger than me and we've been together 3 years - if it works at the time for both of you, I see no issue. And I'm sorry for butting in, but I feel like I know you all :smile:

That's a long time to just be hanging out. Welcome.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I went over on my calories today. I have a few regrets *glares at empty Sour Cream & Onion potato chip bag* but I vow to do better.

It's Sunday! A new week! I can do this! I will reach 175 by the end of October. Totally an achievable goal if I stick to my guns.

You got this! When you reach your goal which Fitbit did you want? I confess I had a few bad days with ice cream & even though I know better I only ate a little amount on Friday & tried the do the same Saturday to make up for it. I didn't binge yesterday, but I talked myself into eating a normal amount & getting back to the program.

Good on ya @kellyjellybellyjelly!
    I wish I could say I held back on ice cream but I ate 4 servings in one setting. "It was Blue Bell and I couldn't help it" excuse just isn't really working for me.

I have no idea which Fitbit I want. I'm leaning towards the Charge no HRM because I don't feel it necessary. We'll have to wait and see though.

I've never tried Blue Bell. I wonder if any of the stores in the Northeast get it?

You can always use the excuse that it just came back & you wanted to taste test it to make sure it was still tasty.

Let us know which one you end up getting. I had no idea the Fitbit Charge HR posted messages on the display screen until last night when it told me I rocked. Thanks Fitbit for the props.

I am really starting to think my fitbit hates me. It doesn't talk to me. It doesn't tell me I rock.
  • Oberon21
    edited September 2015
    Options
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ahh going to a cycling/spinning class with my dad this morning, fingers crossed I don't die!!

Glad you survived! Spin class is brutal!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited because I figured out I can go to the gym and use the weight machines for half an hour, swim for 20 minutes, shower and be on my way in another 25 (I have to factor in hair drying because soon it will be winter and -40 and wet hair don't get along) so my before work workout plan will totally be doable.

Yay! Great plan!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess I am a little annoyed? Sad? Not sure which is the right emotion but I feel like every time I come out to my mom's lately there is someone here that I have to entertain. It's my niece so I am glad to see her but her friend unexpectedly came out as well. So I am on entertaining duty. I really just want to relax.

Whine over.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I confess I am a little annoyed? Sad? Not sure which is the right emotion but I feel like every time I come out to my mom's lately there is someone here that I have to entertain. It's my niece so I am glad to see her but her friend unexpectedly came out as well. So I am on entertaining duty. I really just want to relax.

Whine over.

Why is it you have to entertain? I hope you get to just relax too!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Now that you're butting in you have to stay in. We have to get to know.you too. It's only fair.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Now that you're butting in you have to stay in. We have to get to know.you too. It's only fair.

(Standing behind and slightly to the right of @MelissaPhippsFeagins with my arms crossed and my foot tapping)

Mmmmhmmm, I'm with her. :smiley:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Whine over.

I think I would be annoyed as well. I hate entertaining, especially when I didn't plan to be doing it.
  • KylerJaye
    Options

Awww! You're adorable!
    Don't worry about eating All The Foods, we've all been there, and moved past it, and you can too!
    *hugs*

And you're never "butting in"
    You're totally welcome here! :)
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

Hahahaha!! You cougar you!! Good luck let us know how it goes!! xoxo
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.

Omg! Post date update on the way....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Whine over.

Why is it you have to entertain? I hope you get to just relax too!

Well I know where to go, know the roads, etc. So I can't just hang out in backyard reading my book for hours like I really wanted to do. I had to pick up the friend, take them to get food, to the beach then for a walk after dinner. I just want to do nothing! Sigh.