Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ahh @lois_1989 welcome back you were missed!! Did you have a wonderful time?!

Hellooooo! It was ok, bit rainy on some days, but it's England, I would expect nothing less. :smile: It was just good to get away from the office and have some down time. How are you? :smile:

Yes, away time from the office is always the best! I'm doing well thanks! Same old same old!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So, before I catch up on the 17 pages I have missed in the last week (are things slowing down?) I just want to ask, has anyone heard from @noaddedsugarx ? Because I was having a conversation with someone and they said about someone having a fall and she popped into my head because her nan had a fall and banged her head. I know it wasn't good news the last time we heard from her and I just wondered if anyone had news?

I wondered about her but didn't hear anything in ages. I think it may be quiet today since all the Americans have a bank holiday today.

My confession for the day:

While eating my crunchy honey nut cornflakes for breakfast (bad choices but I tell myself I need the added iron), I came across an inch wide nugget of just the crunchy honey nut part (no cornflakes) all fused together. OMG amazing! So, so bad for you, but I don't care, I ate it. It was the most delicious thing and I feel a little sad I may never find one ever again.

Personally I would have take a picture so you could remember it forever. and also, we could have eaten it vicariously.

Oh no you are right! I should have. Although it did look like fossilized vomit. But still... tasty fossilized vomit.

HA ha ha ha! I'm not even sure where to begin in guessing what that looks like so I'll stick with what I had before which was a crunchynut cluster but with less cornflake.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Ahh @lois_1989 welcome back you were missed!! Did you have a wonderful time?!

Hellooooo! It was ok, bit rainy on some days, but it's England, I would expect nothing less. :smile: It was just good to get away from the office and have some down time. How are you? :smile:

Yes, away time from the office is always the best! I'm doing well thanks! Same old same old!

I always think its sad how things just go back to normal after a holiday. :confused:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Total lurker here, been reading from day 1. Commented a few times. All of you guys are so amazing and supportive of each other. I can't believe the thread has been going so long. Confession time for me, it's late and I'm back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off (looking after my Dad while my mum was on holiday) and I'm not looking forward to it. In the last fortnight I have eaten all of the foods, literally, there is now a chocolate and pizza shortage in my home town and it's all my fault.

Also KylerJaye, my boyfriend is 15 years younger than me and we've been together 3 years - if it works at the time for both of you, I see no issue. And I'm sorry for butting in, but I feel like I know you all :smile:

Now that you're butting in you have to stay in. We have to get to know.you too. It's only fair.
    Well will try to stick around and post more, love it in here, and am happy to share, sometimes overshare!

Oh, good, I think you will fit right in. Oversharing is what we do here.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I miss @tubbs216 :'(:(:/
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

Hahahaha!! You cougar you!! Good luck let us know how it goes!! xoxo
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.

Omg! Post date update on the way....

*Impatiently waits*

I dont know if you said before, but how old are you? For comparison......

*post date update*

first date #17

ok, let me try this again.... @Italian_Buju i'm 34. :)

and yes, @LBuehrle8 i totally felt like a cougar!!

give the dude credit, he lives an hour away and was totally like...that doesn't matter! i can't wait to meet you! how adorable.

BUT his profile said he was 21. which, even at that point i'm leery and expecting some type of fraternity hazing experience to be going down. but also to his credit, i was like dude, let go to this bar and he's like i cant, i'm only 20! to which, i was like dude, change your profile! and he was very sweet and apologetic. which was long before we met, so it wasn't quite the pull of the rug that i'm used to.

but still! he's like a sweet innocent baby boy! it was a cute first date, what do you like? i like this stuff! kinda thing...which was fantastic because when we tried to talk about music, he hadn't heard of any of my favs!! and that's when i felt ancient!

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol
    so i gave him a stack of my burned cd's to educate himself. lol
    punkin....you need these more than i do...LOL

ok, so end of night, i went to do like the sweet kiss goodnight....and he DEVOURED my face! LOL
    it was ridiculous, but cute because i know how young he is....

can't imagine anything will come of this, but it was ridiculously adorable ;)

I am glad you had a good time and he does sound adorable. From your description of your first meeting it does not sound like a meeting of the equals, though. Enjoy and keep your eyes on what you want in a relationship. He does sound like a sweet diversion. I love your updates!

The youngest I dated at then 42 was 36. The oldest was 49. I considered others but the men I actually met, that was the age range. But, I know about myself that I like similar age to me. SO is four years older (and just right for me.) I also know of successful marriages with up to 25 year differences.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am not much of a sweet tooth. But I am a potato tooth. Is that even a thing? I love potatoes. Right now I'm eating through a second helping of potato bhaji. I am full and I am going to finish this second helping because my mouth is so in love with the browned potato/tumeric/lemon taste. I had curry red lentil and curry cauliflower with them, but the potatoes. MMMM.

Fried, hashed, baked, mashed. I love potatoes.

ETA - I think that is a recipe in the bat cave. I will look and add it if it is not there. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

It is in the Batcave. I changed it up tonight. I used red, white, and purple fingerling potatoes. I boiled them but didn't peel them. I can't have garlic so I always leave that out. (No, I am not a vampire, but garlic makes my joints ache.) As per my normal I didn't actually measure anything but the potatoes tasted fantastic. Daughter agreed.

You mist be my long lost sister. I love potatoes and am definitely going to try that recipe.

I think so. We would certainly eat well together!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Great Bonac Foot Race 10K this am... I do this every year. Wish me luck!

I had a killer run yesterday, even though I kept trying to slow it down every mile was mostly faster, and I had several miles at 8:10, 8:11, 8:14, 8:20, 8:44.

I am tired and sore today. So I'll either do great, or I will do terrible today!

Good luck and have fun!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm about to post this everywhere because I'm really excited about it, but I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS THIS WEEKEND!

14 months before the wedding. Whatevz. I'm efficient. ;)

Uh, photo please? :smile:

+1
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid >.< and noobish, but to this day I still wish I had a thigh gap even though it's not even possible for my body type. It sucks not having any "good" body traits. I'm a banana shape. I don't have huge breasts or a big butt. I have violin hips that go inwards instead of outwards, and I judge myself at every moment. I feel like I'll never be as good looking as people who are "naturally beautiful" no matter how many years I take to change myself. I'm still going to do it, though.

Well, just for the record, I happen to think you are naturally beautiful.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I squatted 100 pounweights are no joke, congratulationstoday and deadlifted 135, which is my body weight!!

On a related note, my legs feel like jello and I can't move...lol.

We're almost pretty much the same person. Those weights are no joke, congratulations!

Ha! We are basically the same person! Thanks!! :smile:
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcomes. Will try to post regularly but life gets in the way, a lot, especially work. After my first day back I'm lucky me and my colleagues got out alive, it was not a good day. Also I love potatoes, recently tried hasselback potatoes (so many calories) but cheesy, bacony, oily goodness, Facebook showed me them and I had to try them.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Back from the fair and I was good!!

One corn dog
    One cob of corn - no butter
    One baked potato with butter and sour cream and green onion
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I'm about to post this everywhere because I'm really excited about it, but I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS THIS WEEKEND!

14 months before the wedding. Whatevz. I'm efficient. ;)

Uh, photo please? :smile:

+1

Batcave!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Back from the fair and I was good!!

One corn dog
    One cob of corn - no butter
    One baked potato with butter and sour cream and green onion

Wow way to go!! I don't know if I could've been so good!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Confession: I went over on my calories today. I have a few regrets *glares at empty Sour Cream & Onion potato chip bag* but I vow to do better.

It's Sunday! A new week! I can do this! I will reach 175 by the end of October. Totally an achievable goal if I stick to my guns.

You got this! When you reach your goal which Fitbit did you want? I confess I had a few bad days with ice cream & even though I know better I only ate a little amount on Friday & tried the do the same Saturday to make up for it. I didn't binge yesterday, but I talked myself into eating a normal amount & getting back to the program.

Good on ya @kellyjellybellyjelly!
    I wish I could say I held back on ice cream but I ate 4 servings in one setting. "It was Blue Bell and I couldn't help it" excuse just isn't really working for me.

I have no idea which Fitbit I want. I'm leaning towards the Charge no HRM because I don't feel it necessary. We'll have to wait and see though.

I've never tried Blue Bell. I wonder if any of the stores in the Northeast get it?

You can always use the excuse that it just came back & you wanted to taste test it to make sure it was still tasty.

Let us know which one you end up getting. I had no idea the Fitbit Charge HR posted messages on the display screen until last night when it told me I rocked. Thanks Fitbit for the props.

I am really starting to think my fitbit hates me. It doesn't talk to me. It doesn't tell me I rock.

Your's should tell you that you're SUPER GREAT. I noticed the message after I took it off the charger.

I will stare at it after I take it off the charger next time, but I really don't think it ever has. :(

Do you let it fully charge? Mine only gives me messages when I take it off before it is all the way charged...
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

Omg! Post date update on the way....

*Impatiently waits*

I dont know if you said before, but how old are you? For comparison......

*post date update*

first date #17

ok, let me try this again.... @Italian_Buju i'm 34. :)

and yes, @LBuehrle8 i totally felt like a cougar!!

give the dude credit, he lives an hour away and was totally like...that doesn't matter! i can't wait to meet you! how adorable.

BUT his profile said he was 21. which, even at that point i'm leery and expecting some type of fraternity hazing experience to be going down. but also to his credit, i was like dude, let go to this bar and he's like i cant, i'm only 20! to which, i was like dude, change your profile! and he was very sweet and apologetic. which was long before we met, so it wasn't quite the pull of the rug that i'm used to.

but still! he's like a sweet innocent baby boy! it was a cute first date, what do you like? i like this stuff! kinda thing...which was fantastic because when we tried to talk about music, he hadn't heard of any of my favs!! and that's when i felt ancient!

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol
    so i gave him a stack of my burned cd's to educate himself. lol
    punkin....you need these more than i do...LOL

ok, so end of night, i went to do like the sweet kiss goodnight....and he DEVOURED my face! LOL
    it was ridiculous, but cute because i know how young he is....

can't imagine anything will come of this, but it was ridiculously adorable ;)

This totally cracks me up! And he has no excuse for not knowing Mumford and Sons - that's current (you and I totally have similar music tastes).
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I confess I am a little annoyed? Sad? Not sure which is the right emotion but I feel like every time I come out to my mom's lately there is someone here that I have to entertain. It's my niece so I am glad to see her but her friend unexpectedly came out as well. So I am on entertaining duty. I really just want to relax.

Whine over.

Doesn't sound quite fair

Yeah, and I am glad to see her, but even if she doesn't want to do anything, my personality is that I feel like I should be making sure she gets around, goes to the ocean (I never go to the main beaches out here on my own as I can't stand the crowds), etc. So even if SHE has no expectations, I can't help feeling like I SHOULD be doing it, so therefore I can't just lay on a lounge chair in the yard and read. :(

Ehh. I bet the girl has a smart phone, she can navigate. Your reaction is very nice, but you need to rest, too!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today & couldn't believe how bad GoodWill failed! They had a pair of pants from No Boundaries (a Wal-Mart brand) & they had it priced for $7.50 (or something close to that amount) & the clearance tags were still on from Wal-Mart for $3.00! UGH!

I only found a few sweaters.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.