"Too heavy" he said to me

Options

Replies

• tcarmen85
    tcarmen85 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Woe ypu must be a real Men! Thank you
    Not all guys are like that, though you're lucky to find out before you became even more emotionally invested in him.. My wife has been a bigger gal ever since I met her, but she has put on fifty pounds more since having our son and being diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism. I don't love her in spite of her weight--I her regardless of it. I am so proud of her that she's down 25 pounds since 7/1, and do everything I can to support her in her weight loss!

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    He sounds like an *kitten* and you are better off without him. You have to do this for you, NO ONE ELSE! only you. I wish you all the best in your journey.
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know that must have hurt, I think it is better to find out sooner, than later, how a person's character is.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Girl you are gorgeous! Forget him. <3
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I had that happen once. It was at the beginning of my weight loss and I'd already lost 17 lbs. He knew what I looked like and wasn't a small man himself. Let's see, the way he put it was "I'm attracted to a certain body type...more petite." I laughed and told him that even at my lowest weight, I wouldn't be "petite" and I was perfectly fine with that. I wasn't mad at him, I told him that I felt sorry for him because he might not ever know true love because he couldn't look past the exterior. He's been married twice since he went out with me.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Oh wow! Thank you for sharing
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I had that happen once. It was at the beginning of my weight loss and I'd already lost 17 lbs. He knew what I looked like and wasn't a small man himself. Let's see, the way he put it was "I'm attracted to a certain body type...more petite." I laughed and told him that even at my lowest weight, I wouldn't be "petite" and I was perfectly fine with that. I wasn't mad at him, I told him that I felt sorry for him because he might not ever know true love because he couldn't look past the exterior. He's been married twice since he went out with me.

• sistermargret
    sistermargret Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are better off without him even though it hurts. Good to find out now instead of 9 months pregnant. There are worse things than being alone. I've seen them.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    too bad you didn't take the low-brow well and go hey that's ok your penis was too thin for me
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Yah! LOL! Tks Oh wow! Thank you for sharing
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    too bad you didn't take the low-brow well and go hey that's ok your penis was too thin for me

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Yes you're correct Thank you!
    You are better off without him even though it hurts. Good to find out now instead of 9 months pregnant. There are worse things than being alone. I've seen them.

• writerapril
    writerapril Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are so much better without him!
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    He is an idiot to say something like that to you, you are beautiful, and DON'T LET ANYONE tell you any different.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    He's not worth your time then anyway.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Something is odd here.... It doesn't take 4 months to see how 'heavy' someone is. There must be more to the story.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Yes! Is driving me crazy not knowing! Tks
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    Something is odd here.... It doesn't take 4 months to see how 'heavy' someone is. There must be more to the story.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Your right. tks
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    He's not worth your time then anyway.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Yes indeed..tks
    icantnot wrote: »
    That's hurtful. There are a lot of tools out there.

• tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words!
    He is an idiot to say something like that to you, you are beautiful, and DON'T LET ANYONE tell you any different.

• tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    tcarmen85 wrote: »
    After 4 months of constantly seeing each other (no sex involved).... He decided I was too heavy to have a relationship with me... Big shock since he saw what I looked like before he met me. Sooo confused?!?! We had so much in common and alway had a blast when we were together.

In Cork (second largest city in Ireland), they have a great name for a guy like that.
    He's a LANGER!

Onwards and upwards, don't let guys like this define you.
  • tcarmen85
    Options
    Thank you
    You are so much better without him!