Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys! Raelynn peed in her potty!!!! She actually told me she needed to go pee, and then sat down and went!! Normally she just sits there or says she wants/needs to go and then freaks out. This is amazing, and I'm beyond proud of her!! This is the first time she's gone on her own without being prompted by one of us! :smiley:

Great job Raelynn!
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    ONLY 8.5 hours?!?! That's like most of my country, lol.

HA HA I thought exactly the same thing! It took me 5 hours to get back to Kent from Liverpool and that was enough for me!

And this is one reason I can appreciate living in a country the size of the UK as I hate travel. Anything over 2 hours and I've had enough!
    Did you get up to anything interesting in Liverpool? Hope you weren't here over the weekend to experience the 'white man march' fiasco!

[/quote]

Whaaat? No I know nothing of this. I hope that isn't as racist as it sounds?! :/ [/quote]

Sadly it is as bad as it sounds. They are an extreme right wing group and they've tried to march twice in the last 3 weeks but thankfully have been forced to cancel it both times. The first time got a bit ugly but thankfully was more peaceful this time round. It's laughable when you think about it really, straight white males - the most privileged sector of society - campaigning for their 'rights'
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys! Raelynn peed in her potty!!!! She actually told me she needed to go pee, and then sat down and went!! Normally she just sits there or says she wants/needs to go and then freaks out. This is amazing, and I'm beyond proud of her!! This is the first time she's gone on her own without being prompted by one of us! :smiley:

WOOOO way to go Raelynn!! That's fantastic!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Great Bonac Foot Race 10K this am... I do this every year. Wish me luck!

I had a killer run yesterday, even though I kept trying to slow it down every mile was mostly faster, and I had several miles at 8:10, 8:11, 8:14, 8:20, 8:44.

I am tired and sore today. So I'll either do great, or I will do terrible today!

@pofoster21 you will do super duper great! Keep chanting to yourself faces are good protein, faces are good protein, faces are good protein.

This is too funny. I wish I had seen it before the race.

I posted this in the NSV thread but I had a great race. It was a small race but even so I was 3rd female overall! Ran 7:53 average and finished in 49.04 minutes. I was thrilled.

Way to go! Which race is next?

This weekend. IM Wisconsin. Gulp.

You'll do great. Remember to eat all the cheese.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Thanks @Glinda1971 and @cosmoti! And don't be so hard on yourself, keep trying! I had been telling myself the past two weeks this would be the morning haha and I FINALLY did it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Who loves Harry Potter, loves to eat, got up at 4:45 am to workout, and has two thumbs?!? THIS GIRL! Woo haha it's been a long time since I've done this!

Awesome @LBuehrle8

I was going to giggle if you did a Harry Potter workout, & then I was like what would a Harry Potter workout consist of?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Who loves Harry Potter, loves to eat, got up at 4:45 am to workout, and has two thumbs?!? THIS GIRL! Woo haha it's been a long time since I've done this!

Awesome @LBuehrle8

I was going to giggle if you did a Harry Potter workout, & then I was like what would a Harry Potter workout consist of?

I don't know but you've just inspired me to come up with one!! Haha thanks!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Soooo tired today...must find motivation to get through the day and then workout tonight!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Yayy welcome back @FluffySandwich!! Sorry you've been feeling off lately but that's okay we all have days/weeks like that, take a break!

And I can totally relate to the French thing, I took it all through high school and college and I still am horrible at it :( Don't worry you'll get it!! I bet you sound fine :)<3

I need to teach you all French. It's not so hard once you just accept the fact that so much of it is random (WHY is a table feminine and a sofa masculine!?) or an exception to the rule (use avoir for the perfect tense apart from these random verbs use être). Although I must admit I sometimes struggle to follow everything in Canadian French as it's not what I've grown up with. If you like a language that follows rules, I would suggest German!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Yayy welcome back @FluffySandwich!! Sorry you've been feeling off lately but that's okay we all have days/weeks like that, take a break!

And I can totally relate to the French thing, I took it all through high school and college and I still am horrible at it :( Don't worry you'll get it!! I bet you sound fine :)<3

I need to teach you all French. It's not so hard once you just accept the fact that so much of it is random (WHY is a table feminine and a sofa masculine!?) or an exception to the rule (use avoir for the perfect tense apart from these random verbs use être). Although I must admit I sometimes struggle to follow everything in Canadian French as it's not what I've grown up with. If you like a language that follows rules, I would suggest German!

I'd love if you'd teach me French!! I'm of a German heritage so I've always regretted not taking it :( My 2nd youngest brother took it all through high school and has been taking it the past 3 years in college so he's pretty good at it!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

We have finished re-wiring our house! We had to do it in stages because it was just too much money, mess and time to do all at once. It started in March and the house fought us every step of the way - solid concrete floors downstairs and upstairs, but of course. Solid brick walls, even internally. Weird steps all over the place. Ah it wasn't fun at all. But now it is finished and I have light switches NEXT TO DOORS and sockets IN EVERY ROOM. I can't get across how novel this is for me. I spent the whole weekend cleaning everything and rearranging everything (we had to empty out the whole kitchen) and painting over cracks.

So I'm shattered now. But relieved we got this big, messy job finished before the little'un arrives. We might even think about doing some actual plastering and decorating before the birth and I can have a normal room in my house. I need a rest for a couple of days though.
    This is wonderful news. I know what you mean about solid brick. Our first house was lath and plaster, and half flint! Walls either crumbled or needed a jackhammer to get through them!

I know your house is a 'project' - how much more work do you have to do?

We'll have been there 2 years in October. The main big jobs before having the sprog were install heating (we only had open fires with back boilers that weren't sufficient for the house), fix all the structurally dodgy bits and make the stairs safe, and do the rewire. The stairs were very difficult because it was originally two little houses with two very steep and rotten staircases. We had to remove them both and replace with one less steep staircase, so all the doorways moved. Plus half the doorways didn't have proper lintels in them and were super low so my husband would bang his head and bricks would move! Anyway, we officially got all those jobs done, as well as clearing out the garden (used as a dump by the previous owners), extended the outbuildings, installed a downstairs loo and utility room, replaced some doors and windows and lots of other things I can't remember. It was a lot!

We've now plastered and nearly finished redecorating our bedroom. I expect to get the lounge done before bubs arrives. Then the dining room and kid's bedroom within the next 6 months. Then the bathroom and kitchen within the next 3 or 4 years. Bear in mind the decor is not only ugly, but there are random bricked up doorways in every room and the old redundant electrics to remove, so none of these rooms are weekend-long jobs. But it's infinitely more liveable than it was. I feel optimistic, as though we're over the hump. (Except that the roof really needs replacing but I'm choosing to ignore that for now, it only leaks in one spot and we have a bucket for that!)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ONLY 8.5 hours?!?! That's like most of my country, lol.

HA HA I thought exactly the same thing! It took me 5 hours to get back to Kent from Liverpool and that was enough for me!

And this is one reason I can appreciate living in a country the size of the UK as I hate travel. Anything over 2 hours and I've had enough!
    Did you get up to anything interesting in Liverpool? Hope you weren't here over the weekend to experience the 'white man march' fiasco!

Whaaat? No I know nothing of this. I hope that isn't as racist as it sounds?! :/ [/quote]

Sadly it is as bad as it sounds. They are an extreme right wing group and they've tried to march twice in the last 3 weeks but thankfully have been forced to cancel it both times. The first time got a bit ugly but thankfully was more peaceful this time round. It's laughable when you think about it really, straight white males - the most privileged sector of society - campaigning for their 'rights'[/quote]

That is quite laughable. The only thing that could possibly make that worse was if they were London bankers... or underground train drivers. Neither of them get my sympathy.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

We have finished re-wiring our house! We had to do it in stages because it was just too much money, mess and time to do all at once. It started in March and the house fought us every step of the way - solid concrete floors downstairs and upstairs, but of course. Solid brick walls, even internally. Weird steps all over the place. Ah it wasn't fun at all. But now it is finished and I have light switches NEXT TO DOORS and sockets IN EVERY ROOM. I can't get across how novel this is for me. I spent the whole weekend cleaning everything and rearranging everything (we had to empty out the whole kitchen) and painting over cracks.

So I'm shattered now. But relieved we got this big, messy job finished before the little'un arrives. We might even think about doing some actual plastering and decorating before the birth and I can have a normal room in my house. I need a rest for a couple of days though.
    This is wonderful news. I know what you mean about solid brick. Our first house was lath and plaster, and half flint! Walls either crumbled or needed a jackhammer to get through them!

I know your house is a 'project' - how much more work do you have to do?

We'll have been there 2 years in October. The main big jobs before having the sprog were install heating (we only had open fires with back boilers that weren't sufficient for the house), fix all the structurally dodgy bits and make the stairs safe, and do the rewire. The stairs were very difficult because it was originally two little houses with two very steep and rotten staircases. We had to remove them both and replace with one less steep staircase, so all the doorways moved. Plus half the doorways didn't have proper lintels in them and were super low so my husband would bang his head and bricks would move! Anyway, we officially got all those jobs done, as well as clearing out the garden (used as a dump by the previous owners), extended the outbuildings, installed a downstairs loo and utility room, replaced some doors and windows and lots of other things I can't remember. It was a lot!

We've now plastered and nearly finished redecorating our bedroom. I expect to get the lounge done before bubs arrives. Then the dining room and kid's bedroom within the next 6 months. Then the bathroom and kitchen within the next 3 or 4 years. Bear in mind the decor is not only ugly, but there are random bricked up doorways in every room and the old redundant electrics to remove, so none of these rooms are weekend-long jobs. But it's infinitely more liveable than it was. I feel optimistic, as though we're over the hump. (Except that the roof really needs replacing but I'm choosing to ignore that for now, it only leaks in one spot and we have a bucket for that!)

As they same in Game of Thrones, "Winter is coming". You might need a bigger bucket. :#
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Well done!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness I didn't realize how many people didn't like fish! :( oh well more for me I love fish!

Yea I don't like fish either. You can have my share.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I adore fish and seafood of all kinds. Well... I've yet to try sea urchin and some other sea creatures, but I love octopus and eel and oysters (things a lot of other people find disgusting for some reason).

Also I know I haven't really been in here for a while. I haven't been "feeling it." I guess I've been feeling down. Sometimes I want to vent on here but decide the better of it :lol:

When I saw you had posted I was happy to see you. Hope you feel better soon!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #19

start the night off and everything was going really well! fun conversations, dude seemed cool, i was having a really good time. talked about stuff we like, which is where the walking dead comes up, and he's all, oh i quit like two episodes in! which of course, i'm like no way! you gotta keep watching!! and he says oh, well we should watch it together! and i say yeah, prolly not tonight! so as the evening continues, he keeps doing these lil time checks and says, there's still time to watch the walking dead! just saying!

ok, then my level of beverage gets to the yeah! sure! let's go watch the walking dead! and it's time to cash out.....

and dude has a total freak out. "what, did you think i was actually going to pay for you? after all those beers? are you crazy?" and i'm like o m g, this is jacked up. mind you it was all on the same tab, his tab, which would imply that he was paying the bill. plus we're at the bar, there are other ppl all around that can hear this.

then he basically laughed in my face and told me i was nuts to think that he was going to pay for me, and maybe he would have gotten me one or two, but you know, there are limits. it was seriously embarrassing. high school embarrassing.

and i do the lil hands in the air, ok ok i got it, and i'm like dude, that's totally fine, i can take care of myself. then it's like he snapped back to non-*kitten* world and was like no, no i'm so sorry, i keep forgetting i'm not in nyc anymore and beers aren't $9. and how could you possibly know... i didn't say anything, i'm so sorry blah blah blah, massive backpedaling

and at that point i'm like No It's Ok, I Can Take Care Of Myself.
    and he's like oh no no no, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean it like that, it was just a misunderstanding

and i'm like dude, no actually it wasn't, you just flipped out on me for what? thinking you were a gentleman? how dare i? you ask me out and then get all offended because i assume when you put my drinks on your tab that you're actually paying for them? wtf?

so he keeps apologizing and begging me to just let it go and we can still have a good time together and let's just go back and watch the walking dead, and he wants to play with the dogs and all this crap.
    which i'm tipsy, so i'm like sigh...ok.

yes, i'm an idiot. :)

so we're back at my place and he's playing with the dogs and we're laughing and it's all fun again, and i put in the walking dead. watch an episode and he's all randomly kissy face here and there and i'm like dude, you're missing the show, let's refocus.

go into the second episode and he's doing the same thing, and i keep saying, dude you're missing the show, and then there's this big crazy zombie scene, and he's like yeah, see and this is when i stop watching this *kitten*. yeah not winning any points there. lol. so he keeps trying to be all kissy face, and the episode ends and i'm like alright, time to go!

and he's being all snuggly, or at least trying to be, and i'm like ok, i have to work in the morning, you gotta go. and he's like don't you want me to stay? i can totally stay. and i say dude, no you have to go, you came over, watched the walking dead and now you have to go. and he keeps going, i can stay if you want me to, don't you want me to stay?
    and i'm like dude, have a good night.

get him out the front door, lock the dead bolt, then about 15 seconds later i get the following three texts from him:
    you're insane.
    if i could do it all over i'd pour a drink on you.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

so i reply: wow, ok. good luck with that.

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

NEXT. :s
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

WOW! you're amazing!! Great job!! :)
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #19

start the night off and everything was going really well! fun conversations, dude seemed cool, i was having a really good time. talked about stuff we like, which is where the walking dead comes up, and he's all, oh i quit like two episodes in! which of course, i'm like no way! you gotta keep watching!! and he says oh, well we should watch it together! and i say yeah, prolly not tonight! so as the evening continues, he keeps doing these lil time checks and says, there's still time to watch the walking dead! just saying!

ok, then my level of beverage gets to the yeah! sure! let's go watch the walking dead! and it's time to cash out.....

and dude has a total freak out. "what, did you think i was actually going to pay for you? after all those beers? are you crazy?" and i'm like o m g, this is jacked up. mind you it was all on the same tab, his tab, which would imply that he was paying the bill. plus we're at the bar, there are other ppl all around that can hear this.

then he basically laughed in my face and told me i was nuts to think that he was going to pay for me, and maybe he would have gotten me one or two, but you know, there are limits. it was seriously embarrassing. high school embarrassing.

and i do the lil hands in the air, ok ok i got it, and i'm like dude, that's totally fine, i can take care of myself. then it's like he snapped back to non-*kitten* world and was like no, no i'm so sorry, i keep forgetting i'm not in nyc anymore and beers aren't $9. and how could you possibly know... i didn't say anything, i'm so sorry blah blah blah, massive backpedaling

and at that point i'm like No It's Ok, I Can Take Care Of Myself.
    and he's like oh no no no, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean it like that, it was just a misunderstanding

and i'm like dude, no actually it wasn't, you just flipped out on me for what? thinking you were a gentleman? how dare i? you ask me out and then get all offended because i assume when you put my drinks on your tab that you're actually paying for them? wtf?

so he keeps apologizing and begging me to just let it go and we can still have a good time together and let's just go back and watch the walking dead, and he wants to play with the dogs and all this crap.
    which i'm tipsy, so i'm like sigh...ok.

yes, i'm an idiot. :)

so we're back at my place and he's playing with the dogs and we're laughing and it's all fun again, and i put in the walking dead. watch an episode and he's all randomly kissy face here and there and i'm like dude, you're missing the show, let's refocus.

go into the second episode and he's doing the same thing, and i keep saying, dude you're missing the show, and then there's this big crazy zombie scene, and he's like yeah, see and this is when i stop watching this *kitten*. yeah not winning any points there. lol. so he keeps trying to be all kissy face, and the episode ends and i'm like alright, time to go!

and he's being all snuggly, or at least trying to be, and i'm like ok, i have to work in the morning, you gotta go. and he's like don't you want me to stay? i can totally stay. and i say dude, no you have to go, you came over, watched the walking dead and now you have to go. and he keeps going, i can stay if you want me to, don't you want me to stay?
    and i'm like dude, have a good night.

get him out the front door, lock the dead bolt, then about 15 seconds later i get the following three texts from him:
    you're insane.
    if i could do it all over i'd pour a drink on you.
    *kitten*. You.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

so i reply: wow, ok. good luck with that.

wtf?, seriously, wtf?

NEXT. :s

Butting in again, but what a total and utter crazy git!
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I just want to say that I completely admire you going on these dates. I've always been such a coward and would be living a lonely life if my boyfriend hadn't 'groomed' me (his creepy description not mine!) I have never had the nerve to put myself out there to go out dating, and I feel like I've probably missed out on something by being so afraid. You very much remind me of a friend of mine whose outlook on life I also much admire (and who may I add -after many forays into the dating world - is now happily married with 2 beautiful children.) And as I'm sure other people have mentioned, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find the prince. And you may as well enjoy the experiences in the meantime - I know I enjoy your updates! Oh, and as for the younger men - always worth a trial I think....[/quote]

So... the 'groomed' expression kinds of creeps me out too. What is meant by that? [/quote]

Thought I should probably respond to this so there aren't people out there thinking my boy is a complete psycho.
    He likes to use the word 'groomed' to freak me out. It isn't a sinister old man/teenage girl thing I promise - in fact quite the opposite as I'm 6 years older than him! Basically we worked in the same building and apparently he kept engineering ways to be around me and talking to me, even encouraging me to go to gym classes with him. Of course, me being dozy, I never actually realised that he liked me until one drunken night when he was a bit more obvious - and we've been together ever since. 5 years now so I'd like to think I'd have noticed by now if he were likely to be serial killer creepy:-)