Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I adore fish and seafood of all kinds. Well... I've yet to try sea urchin and some other sea creatures, but I love octopus and eel and oysters (things a lot of other people find disgusting for some reason).

Also I know I haven't really been in here for a while. I haven't been "feeling it." I guess I've been feeling down. Sometimes I want to vent on here but decide the better of it :lol:

@FluffySandwich We miss you!! Please vent!

....also... you have 999 posts according to your profile thingy on the side of your post. PLEASE post at least ONE more here! Hee hee..

What?

No, I'm really not OCD.

I swear!!
    Your wish is my command! Maybe I should go on another break so that perfectly equal 1,000 can remain up there :lol: Can't believe I'm headed into the thousands. When I was a member on another message board a few years back I remember getting up to like 17,000 posts in a couple of years. Pure craziness.... how did I ever see the sun (I guess I didn't)?

I just got back from visiting my boyfriend's family. They speak primarily in french and I still have not mastered fluency in french, even after living in Montreal for years and passing an advanced-intermediate class (I was probably THE worst person in that class). Even if I can understand what they say (if they speak slowly and clearly enough, which no one has time for), my brain just cannot form the correct words for ME to say, so I am left babbling like an idiot. With a red face, so everyone can see how embarrassed I am! French is difficult for me.
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I adore fish and seafood of all kinds. Well... I've yet to try sea urchin and some other sea creatures, but I love octopus and eel and oysters (things a lot of other people find disgusting for some reason).

Also I know I haven't really been in here for a while. I haven't been "feeling it." I guess I've been feeling down. Sometimes I want to vent on here but decide the better of it :lol:

Vent away!! Or in the bat cave if you want.

Sorry you've been feeling down.
    Thanks! I might go there to post some stuff over the next week. I should also really get back to the gym because I have been slacking off for too long and getting some exercise will probably help me feel better.

Congratulations on 1000 posts! I still can't believe I am over like 3000 and it's all been in here! I get the French thing too. I studied French for years and lived there for 6 months and was abysmal.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Great Bonac Foot Race 10K this am... I do this every year. Wish me luck!

I had a killer run yesterday, even though I kept trying to slow it down every mile was mostly faster, and I had several miles at 8:10, 8:11, 8:14, 8:20, 8:44.

I am tired and sore today. So I'll either do great, or I will do terrible today!

@pofoster21 you will do super duper great! Keep chanting to yourself faces are good protein, faces are good protein, faces are good protein.

This is too funny. I wish I had seen it before the race.

I posted this in the NSV thread but I had a great race. It was a small race but even so I was 3rd female overall! Ran 7:53 average and finished in 49.04 minutes. I was thrilled.

Way to go! Which race is next?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I'm not a big fan of fish, never have been. But it is high in protein and good fats so in the interest of being an adult I have started to eat the non-fishier tasting ones. I also am getting kinda sick of soup for lunch every day so I decided to try tuna salad on a sandwich. Just in case I couldn't choke it down, I brought some pringles with my lunch today. I was thinking a tuna salad and potato chip sandwich (I guess I'm just not that good at adulting). Well the sandwich wasn't too bad but I still ate the pringles.

Which ones are those? I am also not a fan of fish.

I like tilapia. You can sprinkle it with minced garlic and parmesan, salt & pepper, then fry it till the parmesan gets crispy. I like to add a little bit of spicy seasoning to it, too. And I fry it in garlic-infused olive oil (best thing ever). Anyhow, even though it sounds horribly calorie-dense with the frying, it's really not bad at all. I eat it with a baked potato and some cottage cheese. Tasty!

I think tilapia is pretty mild - it's a fairly inexpensive white fish. In the States, you can get a package of frozen filets for pretty reasonable prices. Might be worth a try?

Yum will have to try the bag of tilapia fillets with some parmesan the next time I make it.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I don't like messing with bones or exoskeletons. I really enjoy the flavor of crab legs, but it takes so long for me to get to the meat, it just isn't worth it.

Me too!

Fortunately my SO will patiently extract crab meat for me so I don't have to do any of the work. He's a saint.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I don't like messing with bones or exoskeletons. I really enjoy the flavor of crab legs, but it takes so long for me to get to the meat, it just isn't worth it.
    Yes, yes it is.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

*waves* there you are! We miss you! Vent away!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes it is.
    Agreed. I love crab. I love the melted butter just as much! (I was just in Superstore - they have a special on frozen crab legs this week. I wonder if it's on over your way too...?)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

*waves* there you are! We miss you! Vent away!
    Agreed! Isn't that what we're here for?!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Me too!

Fortunately my SO will patiently extract crab meat for me so I don't have to do any of the work. He's a saint.
    Maybe his secret is that he finds it fun. I know I do!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

Me too!

Maybe his secret is that he finds it fun. I know I do!
    I'd find it fun if I weren't so hungry for that tasty meat :'(

• Tubbs216
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

We have finished re-wiring our house! We had to do it in stages because it was just too much money, mess and time to do all at once. It started in March and the house fought us every step of the way - solid concrete floors downstairs and upstairs, but of course. Solid brick walls, even internally. Weird steps all over the place. Ah it wasn't fun at all. But now it is finished and I have light switches NEXT TO DOORS and sockets IN EVERY ROOM. I can't get across how novel this is for me. I spent the whole weekend cleaning everything and rearranging everything (we had to empty out the whole kitchen) and painting over cracks.

So I'm shattered now. But relieved we got this big, messy job finished before the little'un arrives. We might even think about doing some actual plastering and decorating before the birth and I can have a normal room in my house. I need a rest for a couple of days though.
    This is wonderful news. I know what you mean about solid brick. Our first house was lath and plaster, and half flint! Walls either crumbled or needed a jackhammer to get through them!

I know your house is a 'project' - how much more work do you have to do?
  • Italian_Buju
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes, yes it is.
    Agreed. I love crab. I love the melted butter just as much! (I was just in Superstore - they have a special on frozen crab legs this week. I wonder if it's on over your way too...?)

I actually have never had it at home, is it easy to cook properly?

ETA: I do not have a superstore near me :/
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    http://www.bhg.com/recipes/fish/basics/how-to-boil-crab-legs/

It seems pretty easy! I never thought to use poultry shears to remove the meat. I might have to pick some up when they're on sale.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys! Raelynn peed in her potty!!!! She actually told me she needed to go pee, and then sat down and went!! Normally she just sits there or says she wants/needs to go and then freaks out. This is amazing, and I'm beyond proud of her!! This is the first time she's gone on her own without being prompted by one of us! :smiley:
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Guys, guys! Raelynn peed in her potty!!!! She actually told me she needed to go pee, and then sat down and went!! Normally she just sits there or says she wants/needs to go and then freaks out. This is amazing, and I'm beyond proud of her!! This is the first time she's gone on her own without being prompted by one of us! :smiley:
    That's awesome! Congratulations.

• Italian_Buju
    Options

Good Stuff!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    http://www.bhg.com/recipes/fish/basics/how-to-boil-crab-legs/

It seems pretty easy! I never thought to use poultry shears to remove the meat. I might have to pick some up when they're on sale.

I just ate a giant plate of crab yesterday, and after watching that video want more! It looked so good!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations.

Good Stuff!

Thanks!!! ❤️ I'm beyond excited right now, and someone was pretty proud of herself this evening too! ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Yes, yes it is.

I actually have never had it at home, is it easy to cook properly?

ETA: I do not have a superstore near me :/
    Loblaws, no?
    Yes, very easy - boiling water for a few mins.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Woohoo!!