Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    (Violently blows door off with tea pot cannon) Did somebody say steampunk!?!

Steampunk is awesome. I'm actually retrofitting a nerf gun as a steampunk gun for this Halloween.

Awesome what's the costume

I might actually make a teapot cannon

It'll probably end up being for a friend, I'm not sure if I'm going to do Steampunk this year. But the gun will look a little like this:

steampunk_nerf_gun_by_fencesmakegoodnebors-d324it0.jpg

I'm using the same model
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm a programmer and avid video game & comic book enthusiast. Do I belong?

Of course you do!! Y'all don't have to ask permission haha

Loving all your Cosplay outfits too :)

• Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Options

Steampunk is awesome. I'm actually retrofitting a nerf gun as a steampunk gun for this Halloween.

It'll probably end up being for a friend, I'm not sure if I'm going to do Steampunk this year. But the gun will look a little like this:

I'm using the same model

I have seen those a bit
    always look good
    Have you done Steampunk before?
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options

I'm using the same model

I have seen those a bit
    always look good
    Have you done Steampunk before?

Only very basic stuff. I've made a few pairs of goggles, tried making a gun once before. I've always been a fan of the medium, but haven't ever stepped too deeply into prop creation or cosplay.

• Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Options

Only very basic stuff. I've made a few pairs of goggles, tried making a gun once before. I've always been a fan of the medium, but haven't ever stepped too deeply into prop creation or cosplay.

I'm about to start a large hammer for a Harley Quinn cosplay that will be the biggest prop to date for me

• bigovergrowndork
    bigovergrowndork Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Is it weird I'm a dork who doesn't play video games? I get so bored its not funny, I'd rather play board games
  • cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bird watching, Harry Potter reading, Neil Gaiman loving, history geeking grrrl.... I'm also a super nerd about booze... Like the history of booze. Kind of esoteric, but yeah. Post-goth, used to manage a couple of Steampunk-y bands too. Hi!
  • Jonny15121983
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Is it weird I'm a dork who doesn't play video games? I get so bored its not funny, I'd rather play board games

Not at all actually, I think video games are pretty main stream anyway now so don't even count as dorky/geeky behaviour anymore, not like they did when I was a child and used to sit watching the loading bar as my Amstrad loaded a game from cassette tape hahaha There are lots of board games, and similar, as digital versions now though! I play Magic The Gathering a lot in my Xbox One, in fact I'm off to play a few games right now :)
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Yes, we'll need to see pics of the Harley hammer!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »

I'm about to start a large hammer for a Harley Quinn cosplay that will be the biggest prop to date for me

d33sdcfq9c8d.jpg

^^^ This. Harley is sooo my wife right now.
  • marcopasco39
    marcopasco39 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    nauv1wuwyqyd.jpg

Vikings was the best show on tv for awhile.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    </lurk>

I'm afraid I've left my video-gaming days behind me and have left that part of the family business to my sons.

Did anyone play Marathon, the precursor to Halo? Freakin' loved that game and wasted many grad school hours on it:
    V36qLCF.png
  • bigovergrowndork
    bigovergrowndork Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Today is national "wonderful wacky weirdo day" :p
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    What show is that from?
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options