Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    I'm with Christywinkle (among other things). HP Lounge pants, an HP scarf, an HP throw rug, and an HP wall banner. And I still want to collect all the posters someday and have them mounted in matching frames. ;)
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Magical girl related anything o__o
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Alright so here's a good question for everyone, what is the ONE thing that you hardcore fan over? I mean that one thing you literally lose your **** over when you come across it? Lay it on me folks!! ^_^

Harry Potter!!

No joke, I decorated my room with all the spells from the series all over my walls with the definition of them all as well.
  • Ajirvin
    Ajirvin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    9lk9ethz4qv0.jpg
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Alright so here's a good question for everyone, what is the ONE thing that you hardcore fan over? I mean that one thing you literally lose your **** over when you come across it? Lay it on me folks!! ^_^

Harry Potter!!

No joke, I decorated my room with all the spells from the series all over my walls with the definition of them all as well.

u win the internet for a day!

:open_mouth: YAY!!! :smiley:
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I have so much love for you people in here.....so much! wait.....I'm not a hugger...lol

Too bad bro, bring it in!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the nerd party. My hubby and I met at AB and the next year he proposed there. Now happily married for nearly 5 years. We just got done marathoning 175 episodes of Fairytail on animetube over the last month. And we are totally freaking out over the ending of episode 4 from Life is Strange!! Although in hindsight should have seen it coming...
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Can I just take a moment to appreciate everyone here?
    In all seriousness throughout this whole thread everyone has been so lovely and so welcoming and kind that I really do not want to take this for granted. Not only that but to point out that this is kind of a rarity! There is so much nastiness out there in the world that sometimes little things like a nerdy thread like this is completely refreshing. You lot are just simply remarkable and nothing short of outstanding.
    Thanks everybody. <3<3<3
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I'd like to join the nerd party. My hubby and I met at AB and the next year he proposed there. Now happily married for nearly 5 years. We just got done marathoning 175 episodes of Fairytail on animetube over the last month. And we are totally freaking out over the ending of episode 4 from Life is Strange!! Although in hindsight should have seen it coming...

OOO!!! No spoilers!!! I just finished episode one of Life is Strange and I am so into it. Also yay to happy marriages and welcome!! ^_^
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I have so much love for you people in here.....so much! wait.....I'm not a hugger...lol

Too bad bro, bring it in!

hahah just once. Just this once and that's just because our patronuses like each other.

My patronus loves you for saying that. lol! ^_^ <3
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    helixgod.gif

^^^ Also how did I miss this? I had to rescroll to understand what I was seeing and almost snorted my coffee on accident. Thanks for that refreshing start to my day. LOL!!! xD
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    So I gotta ask.... for those into Harry Potter, do you prefer the books or the movies? Which one is your favorite book/movie - and is your movie favorite different from your book favorite?
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    helixgod.gif

^^^ Also how did I miss this? I had to rescroll to understand what I was seeing and almost snorted my coffee on accident. Thanks for that refreshing start to my day. LOL!!! xD

LOL you are most welcome <3
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Muldactus wrote: »
    So I gotta ask.... for those into Harry Potter, do you prefer the books or the movies? Which one is your favorite book/movie - and is your movie favorite different from your book favorite?

I mostly prefer the books, and yes, my faves are different b/c I liked the movies less as they progressed and kept straying further and further from the books. (They brought it back around pretty good at the end though)
    Favorite book: #5 Order of the Phoenix
    Favorite movie: #2 Chamber of Secrets (I wanted to like Goblet of Fire more, because I feel like the characters/actors were really coming into their stride but they just jacked with the storyline too much)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Life always gets a bit more interesting when geeks get together. We're talking comics, anime, superhero shows, steampunk, history nerdyness (I specialize in the clinically insane side of history) and everything in between. So c'mon everybody! Show off your nerdy side!

My nerdiness has dwindled slightly as I have gotten older, used to be a sci-fi type nerd, but am no longer. I am quite into certain periods of history now.

These are mine. the one on the right is a replica of those carried by English soldiers during the later part of the 100 years war. The one on the left also has some history to it... it has a name, try to guess it.

ffn909xny63m.jpg

Also while still not a the big computer geek I was, still a Linux user and active on such fora.
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Muldactus wrote: »

af8bwjbk1c2g.jpg

• DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options

af8bwjbk1c2g.jpg

[/quote]

That's deep, Man.
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    11800313_1069493196394676_862436743106773199_n.jpg?oh=793543c8eda47f93afd81da94b128329&oe=5640DBB0
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Anyone here a fan of Penny Dreadful?

20140509HOPennyDreadful2-1.jpg