Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Morning fellow geekies! So I have a bit of a favor to ask, I am trying to look into another anime to watch (I go through shows pretty quick), does anyone have any good suggestions? Much appreciated! :)

Did I miss your list of what you have seen? I love the classics. But at the same time I am enjoying Sword Art Online, HunterXHunter and PsychoPass.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Fist of the North Star & Space Dandy.
    I really must rewatch Fist of the North Star - and the awesomely bad movie version with Chris Penn.
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    3/4 of the stuff for my my and myself's henchmen 21 and 24 cosplays arrived today. Possible pictures will be uploaded to thread this weekend at mini con....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73gYxsxRrs
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Morning fellow geekies! So I have a bit of a favor to ask, I am trying to look into another anime to watch (I go through shows pretty quick), does anyone have any good suggestions? Much appreciated! :)

How new are we talking? whats your fav genre? : 3
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys! @j_bark I think I *may* have given a mini list of what I've seen in the waaay beginning of the thread but here is what I have seen now:

Sword Art Online - all caught up, anxiously waiting on new material
    Blue Exorcist - loved!
    Rosario Vampire - gotta admit, it was pretty cute but the ending was weak
    Vampire Knight - pretty good
    Girls Bravo - cute but kinda hard to get into really
    Attack on Titan - just started it, loving it
    Deadman Wonderland - why the hell did they not finish the anime
    Angel Beats -freaking in love
    Parasyte - weird but totally worth it
    My Love Story - cutest/most hilarious anime I've seen yet
    Kaze no Stigma - good but forgettable (it was mostly the intro song)
    Another - super good
    Elfen Lied - so guuuuuud
    Eden of the East - I need more of that in my life

Mmm... pretty sure that's it. In short I like scifi stuff. Whodathunkit?! LOL But really though, anything with a great story line and good writing I'll dive right into.
  • ParatroopVet
    ParatroopVet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nerdy I suppose.. I enjoy building 1/35 scale models of armored vehicles.

whi4yb29srf5.jpg
    bg9fkdwkwwvu.jpg
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Looks great paratroopVet!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    xkit: My Love Story is a hit out of the park. My wife and I kept busting out laughing because it kept striking too close to home (I'm a 6'2", 350+ member of the Brute Squad, and she's 4'10" - it was a little like they took our dating years and made an anime.)
  • ParatroopVet
    Options
    Thank you my friend!
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Thank you my friend!

Anytime, always love to see more of that so feel free to keep them coming. I used to love, although quite different from your work, the Game Workshop models when I was younger. Did you paint that one yourself?
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    xkit: My Love Story is a hit out of the park. My wife and I kept busting out laughing because it kept striking too close to home (I'm a 6'2", 350+ member of the Brute Squad, and she's 4'10" - it was a little like they took our dating years and made an anime.)

Oh my gosh yes!!! We had to pause so many times because my SO needed his inhaler from laughing so hard.
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second Magi series and absolutely love it. I'm probably gonna try soul eater and blue exorcist next.

Also... Am I the only one that's sad a second season of The Devil Is a Part Timer isn't happening? ;_;
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    Okay well my all time favourites are
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - Closest thing to a perfect series. all my feels and so well thought out
    Steins Gate - Close second it beats FMA in the one thing it highly lacks is a love story
    Ouran High school host club... my only reverse Harem love and I blame my highschool years.
    Classic love is CardCaptor Sakura if you love the magical girls
    and if you do, Sailor Moon Crystal is the new reboot of SM which is soooo much better (minus the animation style) than the original series.
  • SeptemberSun_1333
    SeptemberSun_1333 Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    The Devil is a Part Timer (lovvve this one), Princess Jellyfish, Blue Exorcist, and Black Prince and Wolf Girl are some Animes I've enjoyed. I have found profound happiness in Korean Dramas like Good Doctor and Cunning Single Lady. Zhong Wu Yan, a Taiwanese drama, was great too. I'm also an avid devourer of Zombie fiction
  • ParatroopVet
    Options
    Thank you my friend!

Anytime, always love to see more of that so feel free to keep them coming. I used to love, although quite different from your work, the Game Workshop models when I was younger. Did you paint that one yourself?

Yes I weather and airbrush them!
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    The Devil is a Part Timer (lovvve this one), Princess Jellyfish, Blue Exorcist, and Black Prince and Wolf Girl are some Animes I've enjoyed. I have found profound happiness in Korean Dramas like Good Doctor and Cunning Single Lady. Zhong Wu Yan, a Taiwanese drama, was great too. I'm also an avid devourer of Zombie fiction

my friends keep telling me I have to watch Princess jellyfish o3o
  • Jonny15121983
    Options

Cmon this has to have at least some of my fellow gamer geeks drooling.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I do keep hearing good things about Princess Jellyfish, Soul Eater and Black Butler. My bestie tells me I should get into Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing. Anyone into those?
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I do keep hearing good things about Princess Jellyfish, Soul Eater and Black Butler. My bestie tells me I should get into Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing. Anyone into those?

I was already going to recommend Cowboy Bebop to you since you said you like scifi, so yes, you should watch it. (I haven't seen Hellsing so can't comment there)