Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, looks like I have a mini line up happening. Thanks for your help everyone!

In other news, it is official. It's a sad day indeed... I'm going to miss Chicago Comic Con. Damn moving plans foiling my nerdy plans. Mourn for me lovelies. :cry:
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    In other other news, I will be participating on the set of Game of Thrones this year!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    In other other news, I will be participating on the set of Game of Thrones this year!

tumblr_ml9okjMs521snmsc7o1_250.gif
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options

(O_O)......

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the deadpool trailer? Wasn't much of a fan of his comics (Cable FTW) and I wasn't sure why non comic fans became obsessed with him, but the trailer for that movie was AWESOME!!
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I feel sad in here.... I thought there was going to be freaky stuff.... :(
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »
    I feel sad in here.... I thought there was going to be freaky stuff.... :(

anigif_enhanced-1989-1416658096-1.gif
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I do keep hearing good things about Princess Jellyfish, Soul Eater and Black Butler. My bestie tells me I should get into Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing. Anyone into those?

Cowboy Bebop +1

I know nothing of the Hellsing.

Another vote for Cowboy Bebop. Hellsing I checked out, but it didn't stick with me. Might've just been my mood. 'Twas a long time ago...
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options

gFKsunQ.gif

That's so scary lol
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

@Jersey__Devil what scope have you got?

just saw this @Mr_Stabbems. I have a few. lol The one I use the most is a 6" Skyquest Dobsonian. After that a 4.5" orion reflector and a Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain. What do you have?

@Jersey__Devil had two but down to the skywatcher explorer 200p with the HEQ5 mount
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the deadpool trailer? Wasn't much of a fan of his comics (Cable FTW) and I wasn't sure why non comic fans became obsessed with him, but the trailer for that movie was AWESOME!!

Yup, already making plans to see it with friends in February! There's a Mexican place right next to one of the local theaters, so we're gonna go eat chimichangas first :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sounds like my weekend.

388a9b7af6dbaa0b965eabe484155513.jpg
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Saw it!! The bestie and I have already made plans to have to girls night with cocktails before Deadpool. xD
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Coming a bit late to the party. Geek, nerd, freak, and goofball here. Sci Fi, Fantasy, Comic books, and PC Games for me. Used to be huge into RPGs - D&D, Rolemaster, ShadowRun, Battletech.

I just wanna say there are some srsly awesome people in this thread. I need to start a collection. ;)
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    Just got hired by the security company that does Marvel Studio's movie set security in Cleveland (and Columbus if they ever film there).... BE JEALOUS
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Just got hired by the security company that does Marvel Studio's movie set security in Cleveland (and Columbus if they ever film there).... BE JEALOUS

*does happy dance*
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    helixgod.gif
  • christywinkle
    christywinkle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alright so here's a good question for everyone, what is the ONE thing that you hardcore fan over? I mean that one thing you literally lose your **** over when you come across it? Lay it on me folks!! ^_^

Harry Potter!!