Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Tell him I hate him, purely from jealousy but I still hate him :D Super hyped for the Xbox Hololens too, have you seen the demos from E3 when they use it to play Minecraft?

Funny enough no, I'm actually more interested in either shooter games (i.e. Borderlands) or horror. I fell in love with the Oculus when I saw Markiplier play on it a while back. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. It just brought horror plays to a whole new level!
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I would love to play some F.E.A.R. or Silent hill on the Oculus! It's worth checking out just to see how it works, the hololens is a bit different from your standard flavour of V.R. Unlike normal V.R., the hololens overlay things onto your real world environment and has a tonne of applications. From playing games like MC on your table top, pulling up interactive virtual assistance to help you with tasks like building furniture ot cooking a recipe etc to turning your entire wall into one big screen. It's very cool tech. Frankly though I would kill to get my hands on either, or both lol

I really hope they combine any of this VR tech with Kinect tech, those two as a combination would give an insane amount of immersion.
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The big bang reruns..... =P
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    j_bark wrote: »
    I should've known @j_bark would've found this thread even faster than me!

That's how I rolll

thats-how-we-roll-in-the-shire.gif

I immediately thought of this!!! LOL!!!

And that is why i am a freak. =) named my son after him.. leonard. =)

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    60996926.jpg
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I really hope they combine any of this VR tech with Kinect tech, those two as a combination would give an insane amount of immersion.

And I'm just a casual PC gamer, getting my hands on VR tech like that? Psh... my brain will very literally explode. My SO did show me a interesting clip of what seemed to be a semi full dive VR game place, meaning you could walk around it openly and pick up actual things, plus the biggie... no wires. It's hard to explain and I can't seem to find the clip of it. Seriously if someone knows what I'm talking about feel free to chime in here.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I should've known @j_bark would've found this thread even faster than me!

That's how I rolll

thats-how-we-roll-in-the-shire.gif

I immediately thought of this!!! LOL!!!

And that is why i am a freak. =) named my son after him.. leonard. =)

Shut the front door, that's awesome!!! ^_^
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    60996926.jpg

^^^^ Dude. This.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    *waves*
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    *waves*

*waves* Hiya!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    i've been big into the whole Slenderman mythos online for a few years now. always thought it was cool how the internet created a new boogieman to scare people. anyhow, i finally sat down and played Slender- The Arrival on my PS3 this past weekend. yeah i dun goofed. played that at night with all the lights off and sound up- was terrifying.

Oh dude... dude nooo. D:
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Morning fellow geekies! So I have a bit of a favor to ask, I am trying to look into another anime to watch (I go through shows pretty quick), does anyone have any good suggestions? Much appreciated! :)
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    Excited for xmen apocAlypse and final fantasy 7 reboot!
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Can't wait for that either, it was the best one in my opinion :) I lost interest in Final Fantasy when they started messing around with the combat system, much prefer the earlier turn based systems!
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for that either, it was the best one in my opinion :) I lost interest in Final Fantasy when they started messing around with the combat system, much prefer the earlier turn based systems!

Yeah I agree with this completely sometimes having things seem too realistic isn't a good thing expecially for jrpgs
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Exactly! I always loved the little collectible card games too, probably spent as much time playing them as I did adventuring lol
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Morning fellow geekies! So I have a bit of a favor to ask, I am trying to look into another anime to watch (I go through shows pretty quick), does anyone have any good suggestions? Much appreciated! :)

@xkitxkatxkaix if you have netflix, watch magi: labyrinth of magic then the second series, Magi: kingdom of magic... you will not be disappointed.

Edit: Forgot about Death Note
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

@xkitxkatxkaix if you have netflix, watch magi: labyrinth of magic then the second series, Magi: kingdom of magic... you will not be disappointed.

Edit: Forgot about Death Note

Thanks for this! I saw MAGI and added to my list but didn't realize there were 2 series! (I just checked though, I had the first one anyways)

And on Netflix, you can go to Browse > Anime to see everything they've got. Some of my favorites are Madoka Magica, Kill la Kill, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, and the first season of Sword Art Online (second season, meh)
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Just watched the Dark Souls III trailer at Gamescon <3 Can't wait, I loved DSI and II so much!