Do you find women with arms like these attractive?

Options

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Honestly, she isn't muscular enough in my opinion...

^^^ This man's got the right idea ;)

In all seriousness though these posts always get me. Why do you care what other people find physically attractive OP? Will it change your opinion if the men on these boards say huge visable muscles on women are very attractive? Will is change your opinion if they say women with large muscles are not attractive at all (not that I think Brittney has large muscles by any means)? I know i'm attracted to what i'm attracted to and others opinions on what is ascetically pleasing to them has no influence on me.

I'm not seeking to change anything. Don't you have discussion with her friends about anything? Don't you ask them opinios about music, food, movies, policies or anything? Maybe I'm live in a different world where opinions don't matter :#

I didn't say you were seeking to change anything and of course I have discussions with friends. I'll ask if they like a movie because maybe if they say it was good i'll change my mind and go see it. Perhaps if they convinced me that a food which I consider disgusting had great health benefits i'd give it another shot. Maybe i'll convince them that that same food is too disgusting to taste. Thats why i'm wondering why you care; would it change your mind or solidify your current opinion?

I guess why I commented on this (and I rarely comment on these boards) is because I see so many posts on this site about women who are scared to lift things and increase their strength because they don't want to have visable muscles since many men have defined it as "manly" or "unattractive". Though 80 % won't gain visable muscle mass anyway posts like this perpetuate that fear and stop women from increasing their strength, strength that will make daily activities like taking out the trash or carrying in the groceries easier.
  • DanDragonMachida
    DanDragonMachida Posts: 77 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

In all seriousness though these posts always get me. Why do you care what other people find physically attractive OP? Will it change your opinion if the men on these boards say huge visable muscles on women are very attractive? Will is change your opinion if they say women with large muscles are not attractive at all (not that I think Brittney has large muscles by any means)? I know i'm attracted to what i'm attracted to and others opinions on what is ascetically pleasing to them has no influence on me.

I'm not seeking to change anything. Don't you have discussion with her friends about anything? Don't you ask them opinios about music, food, movies, policies or anything? Maybe I'm live in a different world where opinions don't matter :#

I didn't say you were seeking to change anything and of course I have discussions with friends. I'll ask if they like a movie because maybe if they say it was good i'll change my mind and go see it. Perhaps if they convinced me that a food which I consider disgusting had great health benefits i'd give it another shot. Maybe i'll convince them that that same food is too disgusting to taste. Thats why i'm wondering why you care; would it change your mind or solidify your current opinion?

I guess why I commented on this (and I rarely comment on these boards) is because I see so many posts on this site about women who are scared to lift things and increase their strength because they don't want to have visable muscles since many men have defined it as "manly" or "unattractive". Though 80 % won't gain visable muscle mass anyway posts like this perpetuate that fear and stop women from increasing their strength, strength that will make daily activities like taking out the trash or carrying in the groceries easier.

I like to see how people have so different optics about the same things. If I oppened this same thread in a brazilian forum most there would say how gross she looks, that she looks like men and even that women can't get biceps and delts like those without hormones. There is that idea of "A woman never can be as strong as me". I'm happy than american are most open-minded about athletic women that aren't weak, although I've seen american calling Kaley Cuoco of manly.

But I don't think that a woman doesn't lifting weights and developing physical strenght be some kind of issue. Each woman make her body and her strength like she want and feel good.
  • jg4245
    jg4245 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really it doesn't matter what people think . It how you feel about yourself and the way you see in that mirror
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I started lifting a year ago. I lift for me, and only me. My hubby probably thought I was crazy when I started to weight lift, but I'm not doing this for him. Believe me, he is very much appreciating the aesthetic and physical changes that have come with my lifting. But even if he didn't like it, that's his issue. Not mine. I love him regardless of how he looks, and he does the same with me.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I think the average idiots opinion on woman weight lifters is based on the competition ready, oiled up, brown tan and sometimes steroid using woman that you see on muscle magazines and bodybuilding shows. Even those girls don't look like that all year around and have dedicated a huge amount of time and effort for that one show. The average girl who lifts weights will not look like that, just like the average bloke wont look like Arnold. If the average girl lifts heavy and eats right she will look strong, fit and healthy (by societies standards) and far from manly.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find Brittany Spears attractive. :p
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    What a creepy thread.

No wonder Brittany went crazy.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    What a creepy thread.

Agreed.
    Asks a fair question about whether people find women with strong upper bodies attractive.
    Proceeds to post 86 photos of the same person.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I would hardly call Britney anything close to muscular.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I find her upper back slightly muscular for female standars (mainly hollywwod)

PQAAAKqbB9Xn--AZxMCQrkP_TXtzazJnUQWN_Q8E7WrAClM0rEFL2IePfFXBQmY7ASx4dUQdp_-LcWLL_t6c4Qrm39EAm1T1UP9-WXhGPniDvbIka3BWvppe5atq.jpg
    PQAAAKqbB9Xn--AZxMCQrkP_TXvcSryX14Bk1zW_WlAbd00vi2ZVuc_QvCIRmyBf8RwpCBMAEKsTTxLzeq-le3q1eJUAm1T1UNscagRx3YkZY-5KL2KoE4uuMLpR.jpg
    PQAAAKqbB9Xn--AZxMCQrkP_TXu2HExZMJG8yh1NYNVb3GLX3bjJTB8hqohdBGEy4QaiHwTmZxWJZYzkYoKya4uLpLoAm1T1ULWnh-SqR3dodC1oyNLg0fQe2kgf.jpg
    So you view Hollywood as the female standard? That's why you view her as muscular.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Many men find Kim Kardashian's body attractive. Too much butt for me. But again that's my SUBJECTIVE point of view. Just like yours with Britney's.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Kim Kardashian's body is the highest level of hotness
    To "you" and others who feel that way. There's lots of people who think she's overweight for her frame. Again, it's all subjective.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Some guys will love it, some guys wont. Isnt that how attraction works? I have super-duper long hair, like, down to my butt. Some guys think its super sexy, others think its unsanitary.

I would like to know if most women likes shoulders like these. I know most men doesn't like women having strong upper body.
    Most men "you" know. I truly doubt you've interviewed every male in the world and got a majority consensus.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    csuhar wrote: »
    Since you're asking, yes I do find arms like these attractive. In fact, she could have even more mass and I would be just fine with it. But I have to say that, even when we're talking *just* aesthetics, muscle size and definition are only a relatively small part of the overall appearance / aesthetic package.

And if we're talking strength, as in having a strong upper body: All else being equal, I will go with strong EVERY time because, to me, that means she's able to do more to take care of herself. Life can be unpredictable, and it loves to throw us curve balls. I've yet to hear someone complain that they were too strong for something. Whether we're talking about performing day-to-day tasks or throwing a punch to protect herself, I find self-sufficiency attractive.

A lot of "average" people says she has too wide shoulders for a woman
    And of course you have a link to actually prove that a lot of average people are saying this, no? If not, it's anecdotal.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    man, OP seems to have some hangups...
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Her arms and shoulders look a lot like mine, so I'm going to say "she is the epitome of hotness." :#
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You lost me at manly.......

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options

I like to see how people have so different optics about the same things. If I oppened this same thread in a brazilian forum most there would say how gross she looks, that she looks like men and even that women can't get biceps and delts like those without hormones. There is that idea of "A woman never can be as strong as me". I'm happy than american are most open-minded about athletic women that aren't weak, although I've seen american calling Kaley Cuoco of manly.

But I don't think that a woman doesn't lifting weights and developing physical strenght be some kind of issue. Each woman make her body and her strength like she want and feel good.

Progress?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    What a creepy thread.

She had a mental health episode, please. But yeah I know what you mean. Poor Brit Brit.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    normal_2735356_10.jpg
    16339094-16339096-large.jpg

Nothing on her screams masculinity, it does scream envy though
  • DanDragonMachida
    DanDragonMachida Posts: 77 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Her arms and shoulders look a lot like mine, so I'm going to say "she is the epitome of hotness." :#

Do you lift really hard? Or are your genes good enough to buid muscles lifting light?