Chalean Extreme Group Starting Monday 5/23

Options

Replies

• LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Quick question for all of you doing the CLX/Turbo Fire Hybrid. Do you still do Burn Intervals, Burn It Off!, & Recharge?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Quick question for all of you doing the CLX/Turbo Fire Hybrid. Do you still do Burn Intervals, Burn It Off!, & Recharge?
    Yep! I'm following the hybrid exactly as it's laid out (with the exception of not doing the first/recovery month) to see what sort of results I get. Then the next time around I'll see what I want to keep and what I want to throw out.
  • LaCubana9
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! My friend is lending me Turbo Fire, but naughty her lost the schedule book! I googled the hybrid schedule last night, but the one I found didn't have the Burn Intervals, Burn It Off!, Ab Burner or Recharge on it. CLX is my main priority & I didn't want to omit those. I guess that was the wrong schedule. LOL!
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only starving Marvin around here! LOL I thought I was sabotaging my results by eating so much, because I'm eating my daily alloted calories (my limit is 1500) and then would work out, which would drop my net calories below 1200, and then eat more until my net calories were between 1200-1350 somewhere (most of the time!! lol). The hardest thing for me, though, is getting out of that "I workout out today so I can eat more of that naughty food" mindset.

Today is Burn Circuit 1 for me, beginning my 3rd week! So far I love it! Although all the talk of the CX/TF hybrid is really making me think about doing that.....

LaCubana~ you lucky girl! Let me know how you like it please!

Bev~ I hate when that happens!! If I'm cooking for more than just myself, I generally keep a list of quicker/easy to make things to make or do something in the crock pot. And cleaning definitely counts as calories burned IMO!!! Especially if it involved moving furniture, scrubbing, etc and got your heart rate up, even just a little bit.

imf~ I have a Polar HRM and I would be so lost without it! I love knowing exactly how many calories I burned doing this or that! I don't think I could do this without it really because some things I expect to burn alot of calories, and come to realize I didn't burn as many as I thought. And the automatic ones online are always off by a rather significant amount for me (anywhere from 50 - 250). Had I not had my own HRM, I'd be under the assumption I'm burning more than I am and probably end up eating more than I should. Good luck to you in the Lean phase!!!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! My friend is lending me Turbo Fire, but naughty her lost the schedule book! I googled the hybrid schedule last night, but the one I found didn't have the Burn Intervals, Burn It Off!, Ab Burner or Recharge on it. CLX is my main priority & I didn't want to omit those. I guess that was the wrong schedule. LOL!

LaCubana, I have a CLX / TF schedule that has Burn Intervals, Burn It Off!, Ab Burner or Recharge.... I've just inboxed you....
    Yep! I'm following the hybrid exactly as it's laid out (with the exception of not doing the first/recovery month) to see what sort of results I get. Then the next time around I'll see what I want to keep and what I want to throw out.

ceelovejay - did you just start from week 4 (Transition)...? For a TF newbie like me, do you think I could jump right into week 4 as well.... or should do the 9 week prep rotation...?
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I can scan my calendar for you tomorrow and send it to you.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    ceelovejay - did you just start from week 4 (Transition)...? For a TF newbie like me, do you think I could jump right into week 4 as well.... or should do the 9 week prep rotation...?
    I started at week 5 for the TF/CLX hybrid, which is hypertrophy. My coach told me since I had just completed Insanity that I could start at that stage. I think since there is no TF in the first 3 weeks of the hybrid and you've already been doing CLX, starting at week 4 would probably work for you. Which stage are you on right now (burn, push or lean)?

Today is my rest day and I need it. Certain parts of my body are SORE! And all I did was Turbo Fire yesterday. Tomorrow is Push Circuit 2 and I'm looking forward to it! I got new lifting gloves and lifting hooks to help with my grip when doing squats and lunges. My poor hands do not like gripping 25 pounds in each hand. :laugh:

Have a great Sunday, ladies!!
  • marianne_s
    Options
    I started at week 5 for the TF/CLX hybrid, which is hypertrophy. My coach told me since I had just completed Insanity that I could start at that stage. I think since there is no TF in the first 3 weeks of the hybrid and you've already been doing CLX, starting at week 4 would probably work for you. Which stage are you on right now (burn, push or lean)?

I'm just finishing BURN week 3... I'm itching to get started on Turbo Fire, but I tried it a couple of months back & could barely keep up...!

I have all of the different Turbo Jam cardio classes (Cardio Party 1, 2 & 3,Cardio Party Remix , Fat Blaster, and Kick, Punch & Jam) which I plan to include in my current CLX /Turbo Jam hybrid schedule.

So, I should be able to manage Turbo Fire by the this round.... hopefully....
  • lovetowrite73
    Options

I'm just finishing BURN week 3... I'm itching to get started on Turbo Fire, but I tried it a couple of months back & could barely keep up...!

I have all of the different Turbo Jam cardio classes (Cardio Party 1, 2 & 3,Cardio Party Remix , Fat Blaster, and Kick, Punch & Jam) which I plan to include in my current CLX /Turbo Jam hybrid schedule.

So, I should be able to manage Turbo Fire by the this round.... hopefully....
    You can always use the New to Class option too.
  • marianne_s
    Options
    Hi,

Yesterday I did Burn Circuit 3.... didn't have time for Turbo Jam (Punch, Kick & Jam), so did that today.

I was going to do Burn It Off & Recharge as well, but just couldn't find the motivation for it....not after already burning 426 calories.....!

So, tomorrow is the start of Burn week 4..... woohoo.....!
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Marianne, I just did Burn It Off & Recharge for you :) I'm sure you had a lot more fun doing Turbo Jam! Even though I'm starting week 4 tomorrow, this is the first time I've had a chance to do Burn It Off, and I'm just happy to be done with it! I hope I was just having an "off" day, because it took all I had just to get through it.

At least I completed everything on the schedule this week, with an extra Ab Burner workout. My goal for next week is to complete everything on the CLX schedule and add a Turbo Jam workout on at least 2 of the burn circuit days and one Turbo Fire workout on one of the rest days. Then on to the Push Phase!

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • marianne_s
    Options
    Marianne, I just did Burn It Off & Recharge for you :) I'm sure you had a lot more fun doing Turbo Jam! Even though I'm starting week 4 tomorrow, this is the first time I've had a chance to do Burn It Off, and I'm just happy to be done with it! I hope I was just having an "off" day, because it took all I had just to get through it.

At least I completed everything on the schedule this week, with an extra Ab Burner workout. My goal for next week is to complete everything on the CLX schedule and add a Turbo Jam workout on at least 2 of the burn circuit days and one Turbo Fire workout on one of the rest days. Then on to the Push Phase!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Thanks Andi......! :bigsmile:

I started to do Burn It Off.... then realised it was cardio... and then just thought I've already done cardio.... so why bother...!

Then I just felt lazy, and couldn't be bothered to do Recharge... plus my 6 year old daughter was screaming to be fed...!

excuses... excuses.... :embarassed:

Anyway..... BURN week 4, here I come......!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Push 2 and Stretch 10 today. I'm so bored with Stretch 10. I think today I am going to find a gym JUST so I can work my rotator cuffs. That will show her!!

While I zoned out during Stretch 10, I realized Toni, the mom of 7 from CLX, is in this video but her hair is a lot darker. Definitely prefer the lighter locks.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    While I zoned out during Stretch 10, I realized Toni, the mom of 7 from CLX, is in this video but her hair is a lot darker. Definitely prefer the lighter locks.
    I agree. The darker hair makes her face look harsh. But have you noticed her back in those videos? Pay attention to it during the next Stretch 10 class. Holy muscles, batman!!

Where is everyone? Catniss, timeforamajorchange, Bueller? How was everyone's weekends?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I agree. The darker hair makes her face look harsh. But have you noticed her back in those videos? Pay attention to it during the next Stretch 10 class. Holy muscles, batman!!

I DID notice her back muscles!! That woman rocks. I can't help thinking that her eyes look a little lifeless in the CLX videos....like a barbie doll. Who could blame her though! I bet that Janelle would be a sassy one to go party with. As you can see, my mind was drifting again. LOL
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry I haven't been more chatty, but it's just been tough for me in the last couple. I have been keeping up with the workouts, even adding cardio and abs in, but that's about all I've been doing. My motivation is non-existent, my energy is absent, the workouts feel impossible and go on forever, I'm eating all the time (and WAY beyond being more hungry from working out), my mood is worse than the Wicked Witch's....just not fun.

I'll get through it and in the meantime I am keeping up with the posts here and I'm so glad to hear how well everyone seems to be doing.

Thanks for giving me a shout-out--it pushed me to post.

You'll see more of me soon
  • marianne_s
    Options
    HI,

I completed Burn Circuit 1.... it felt quite easy....

It's 9:30pm here and I still haven't done any cardio.... might do 30 minutes of Punch, Kick & Jam

Here is a question for you guys..... whose body shape in CLX do you want to aim for?
    I would like to get my body between Carol (the older lady) and Chalene' sister Janelle, which I think is a bit too ripped....
  • MissBev1
    MissBev1 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry I wasn't more chatty...it was that busy weekend~ My son is officially a high school graduate :happy:

I have such a headache!!! Just got home from an extremely busy day...now need to go to a cardio workout...totally not feeling like it...but I MUST DO THIS!

I lost 1 pound and 4 1/2 inches...which is amazing cause of the really bad weekend but still wanted two! ALSO...do I really want muscles...I think I would have lost more by now if it wasn't for them!:wink:

3321841.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LaCubana9
    Options
    Marianne: I TOTALLY want Janelle's ripped, hardcore body! LOL

Catniss: I don't like those funks. I go through one every time I hit a plateau (and having lost 80 lbs so far, I've had TONS of plateaus). Try to ride it out & remember how horrible our bodies used to feel back when we didn't work out. That's all that keeps me going when the scale doesn't budge. Trust me, I had a major slump once before. I had basically went from 264 lbs to 183 lbs (an 81 lb loss) in a year, then hit a 3 month long plateau, THEN a bad break up combined with it, & I threw in the towel. I was saying this stupid thing in my head, like: "I've lost 81 lbs and I don't even look close to having a normal healthy body. I'll never get there!"
    Slowly after that, I allowed myself to climb all the way back up to 225 lbs. I saw a picture of my profile one day & I kicked myself awake. 183 lbs had felt SO MUCH better than 225 (and I was on my way to going back heavier than that if I didn't get a grip on it). Now I'm 1.5 lbs away from hitting that weight again & I've never appreciated it more! I also noticed, with Chalene's programs, I had NEVER seen the definition or wore such a small size before them! You have the tools, now you've just gotta find the gusto deep down inside to rock this mutha OUT! We are behind you 100%!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Didn't "feel like it" but I did the Ab Burner routine (10 min). I feel better.