40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,977 Member
    Options
    I walked thursday, friday and saturday....weather is too good to waste! Worked out every day this week. Weight down four lbs since i started "fall back challenge" (three weeks ago), so I am feeling decent.

Will lift tomorrow. Surgery is on Thursday, so "lifting break" is on the horizon.

BOOM,
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • tkt19900
    tkt19900 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to join, too. How do I?
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    tkt19900 wrote: »
    I want to join, too. How do I?

You just did. All you need to do is get some sort of avatar and start talking.

• Beeps2011
    Options
    lol, larro...that shadow is never going to post any other thing on mfp....lol

I lifted, today. BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I was out with my Boy Scouts this weekend. Really nice weather. It was a nice relaxing time. I got to spend several hours fishing and the fishing was good.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BACK=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    With all the weight loss I'm fitting into so many things better. I have a nice barn jacket that I couldn't even get the buttons closed much less wear. It fit with room to spare this weekend. Made me feel good about my progress.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    With all the weight loss I'm fitting into so many things better. I have a nice barn jacket that I couldn't even get the buttons closed much less wear. It fit with room to spare this weekend. Made me feel good about my progress.

Getting back into your favorite clothes is one of the best things about weight loss.

• Beeps2011
    Options
    yahoo allenpriest!!

Got my lifting done. Spoke with the gym-lady who is driving me to/from the hospital for my Thursday eye surgery and my Friday follow-up appt. i am nervous, but it will be over soon.
  • granreyalex
    granreyalex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me to group. Thx
  • fzellner
    fzellner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to be added to this group as well. Thanks.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would like to be added to this group as well!!! It looks like a group of very interesting and motivating people!! LOL
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Arms & Abs=DONE!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

Getting back into your favorite clothes is one of the best things about weight loss.

Shopping in my closet is what I call it.

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, life continues to be a great ride, just need it to slow down some.
    Attended my first fall fair with Isagenix on Sunday. It was a good time, but not sure I would do it again. I spoke to many people, some had lots of questions, others were success stories, others, just wanting some info. So, if I have one person contact me to sign up, it will be a success. So far, nothing. :neutral:

Welcome to all the newcomers and Alf. ;) Alf, do you feel like a newbie again? lol.

Beeps - good luck with your surgery. Will that be it then?

Allen - "shopping in my closet" - love it! I've been doing that too. Feels so good to finally fit back into some of those clothes. Not all of them yet, but am getting there.

Back to work yesterday, and also new B&B guests. The B&B has slowed down considerably, but I still have the odd booking throughout the month.

Heading to Toronto this weekend, so am back on the road! Meeting with my BFF to celebrate out birthdays. Should be a fun time. We are planning a cycling day on Saturday. :smile:
    After this weekend, things should slow down considerably. Was supposed to attend a Yoga Retreat the following weekend, but my granddaughter is being baptized on the Sunday, so those plans changed. I can't say I am too disappointed, although I really wanted to attend the retreat, I just didn't want to travel again.

Have my workout session today after work. Wanted to do Zumba yesterday, but had to head home to greet the guests. I will start my exercise classes next week.

Have a great day all.

• larrodarro
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    I would like to be added to this group as well!!! It looks like a group of very interesting and motivating people!! LOL

Ha
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sdereski - I think this is last surgery! Fingers crossed.

I lifted, today. I got our bedroom switched around so the bed is ready for my return from surgery. I double-checked with my ride that "all is good". Now I just need two nights of good sleep.
  • markburnett70
    markburnett70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! Is this where the cool kids hang out? I always wanted to hang with the cool kids :) I just started this mfp gig recently, I went over the handlebars on my road bike and spending all summer watching bones heal did less than nothing to get me closer to a weight I still think I should be so I decided to try this tracker. 10 pounds down and hopefully 20 to go before ski season.

I'm walking, hiking and doing some strength training as well as tracking calories and still doing shoulder PT to get ready for ski season. Don't tell anyone but after 8 weeks in a sling the back of my left arm looks like an old ladies, wth?!?! More PT! I gotta be able to pole in a few weeks!

Nice to meet you all, good luck with surgey Beeps
    -Mark
  • allenpriest
    Options
    I was so fat my skin was taut. I figured I'd develop a loose skin issue. I have. I will have to get closer to goal before considering what to do about it. But with a large amount left to lose it looks like the problem is going to be significant