Hi!
  • stef123633
    stef123633 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Caramelgyrlk!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I have had an extremely busy weekend. Friday was our performance day and I didn't have to be in to work until 12:00. I ran 3 miles in the am and then worked until 8:45. Saturday was up early to go see hubby in rehab. He had a good day Saturday and did PT and OT fairly well. Hoping for some improvement this week. After I left him I met my mom for this HUGE craft festival and then stayed at their house for the remainder of the weekend. Got home last night around 5:00.

My stomach has been bothering me all weekend- most likely stress related. Hmmm... :grimacing: Any way- I had everything together to go to the gym and just could not wake up this morning - :weary: so I slept in a bit. When I got here, we had to put all of the costumes, props and scenery away so I got a bit of exercise with that!

Guess I had better get back to work. Have a good one all!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids!
    Well, my intent to check in over the weekend was a "fail". Just so busy. This weekend was all about putting food by. Started Saturday a.m. getting chicken stock started (B butchered 3 birds on Friday - they were a friend's aged flock). Stock takes all day to simmer. Did some chores, and of course went for a moto ride! Sunday we headed out to sea with our crab pots on the kayaks. We only brought back 4, but bringing any home means more work cooking & cleaning crabs! Crabs are so tasty it's worth it though. After that was done I canned the stock. There's something so satisfying about having a pantry full of food in jars.

Caramel, congrats on making that 1K burn! And thanks for sharing your story. You are consistently compassionate and so encouraging and inspiring. Thanks for being here!

Sdereski - I remeber running in the snow when I lived in Mt. Shasta. It's tricky! Good for you for tackling it. I hope your date with GD was fun.

Kate, hysterical about your dh. I love your new pic. That has to feel sooo good. Cograts on how far you've come.

Stef, super smart to make all that food ahead of time. It definitely seems that not having a meal plan is a recipe for disaster! Hope your kiddo feels better soon.

Beeps, Hi back! Did you lift?

KS, Wow, a 3 mile run and then a workout! Awesome. You certainly have a lot on your plate, and that could definitely be what's up with your belly. I hope it mellows out soon. Good news about dh!

Larro? You must still be asleep this morning! What a weekend!

Good morning to the rest of you as you check in.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OH! And here's a link to the 2-ingredient vegan chocolate frosting!

http://ohsheglows.com/2013/05/20/2-ingredient-chocolate-fudge-frosting/
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday. I am starting my strength training schedule this week in addition to the cardio I have been doing.

Stef - welcome to the group. Weekends are especially hard for me too, I like to celebrate too much :) I can power through M-F and then Saturday and Sunday things are much harder to stay on track

Caramel - I am so jealous you have a WF where you live. When I lived in Austin I used to go there and LOVED it. I am glad you got your Vegan Chocolate Cake :)

Curious - I hope you got in your moto ride this weekend and are breaking Buttercup in nicely.

Mygnsac - Hi, I hope your commute was better today, we have snowy roads here too.

Nickphn - Nice NSV with your loose wedding ring. I love when we have signs of weigh loss like that. Cudos to you.

Kate - You are doing so good, I love your new pic and I bet your shoulders look amazing. Good Job! Maybe your husband is just jealous (in a good way)

Sederski - Great run in the snow, I hope your dance with your granddaughter was a blast.

Kelly - Good to hear your hubby had a good PT weekend. I hope he gets better soon

Larro - Always good to hear your stories

Beeps - Mexico sounds incredible, I bet you are counting down the days.

I hope I did not forgot anyone... forgive me if I did. The group is growing....
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

Actually I was up early this morning {0500}. We had tornadoes coming through, and the huge oak near the bedroom does cause me discomfort during sever weather. One tornado passed with a few miles of the Larro Ranchero between 0530 and 0545, and there was another that had hit the prison in Blountstown about 0300. A dozen cars got turned over and it tore down some of the perimeter fence. But the worst of the weather has passed. Now it's getting colder by the hour. It has dropped 6 degrees since I got up.

I never got back on yesterday to tell about my work adventures. We had a wedding over the weekend. The couple were super nice, but the bridegroom had done quite a bit of drinking during the reception. When it came time to settle up, he didn't want to pay the rest of his bill. There is a $200 deposit and he thought that would cover all the cost. He was wanting to argue about it, but I still had hours of work to finish the cleanup {I worked until 0330}, so I told him to go home and we would talk about it later. When I talked to my boss this morning, she said he had called first thing this morning to apologize, and one of his family members were bringing a check by for the rest of the bill. He had been so nice all weekend, that I figured as soon as he sobered up this is what would happen. The ironic part of the whole thing was him and his drunk friend had been having a heated discussion for at least an hour on the merits of the different Christian faiths. But the drunk friend had been a classmate of one of my best friends 30 years ago, and he kept saying, "this is Timmy "Larro", if he says you owe the money, you owe the money."

I've got to run some soup over to Mamma's before work, and the sink is still full of dirty dishes, {I keep hoping the dish washing fairy will show up} so I had better get going.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Larro

PS: I got in my full cardio and lifting this morning.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

I've got to run some soup over to Mamma's before work, and the sink is still full of dirty dishes, {I keep hoping the dish washing fairy will show up} so I had better get going.

Larro- Me Too!! I was planning on cleaning up tonight,but my daughter is quite ill and has asked if I would keep Jake overnight and take him to the sitter's tomorrow. Should prove to be quite interesting.

• Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's!
    So I noticed several friends counting weight lifting as cardio. I had only been counting mine as strength so thinking that may have been another factor in my weight loss ( usually 2.5 - 3 lbs. per week instead of the 1 lb. a week). Could also be causing the lack of energy.
    Anyway weight loss should be slowing down especially since MFP changed me to 1/2 lb now.
    I lightly frosted my hair this morning. Hoping it's going to hide some of my silver. LOL.
    Only managed 26 minutes of strength training ( 9 machines) , 28 minutes on the elliptical, and 35 minutes in the pool today. Babysitting my niece tomorrow so not sure I'll get back to the gym tomorrow.

Larro- Glad he made good on his check.

Curious- Nice loss this week. ;)

Kelly Sue- Hope your tummy calms down. I don't handle stress well myself.

Hey Newbies!
    I'll check back tomorrow.
  • devakali
    devakali Posts: 9 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 41 and working to get (back) to the neighborhood of my goal weight.

I'm a college professor and writer--working on a book about vultures (if you think YOU eat junk, etc). My research has me doing a lot of world travel, which is great for my mind but not so much for my waistline. I'd put back on nearly 20 lbs of the 57 I lost 8 years ago, which is what inspired me to get back on MFP. Since getting back into the groove, I'm down around seven or eight pounds.

My next two trips are Gettysburg and India, and I'd love any pointers for equipment-free routines I can do in closet-sized Indian hotel rooms.

I just ended a LTR, which isn't helping with my emotional eating, and the winter has begun (2-4 inches of snow predicted today), so my hope of getting back to running is slim to none til Spring. Luckily I have snowshoes and a gym. I just started the 5x5 workout here at home so I can prepare for hoisting a backpack 11k times.

I am inspired by success and optimism, so I'd love to be a part of this group.
  • stef123633
    Options
    Good Monday Kid's,

Larro, I bet your job is extremely interesting, dealing with brides/grooms/wedding parties. I am sure you see and hear it ALL!

Nickphn, congrats on your wedding band being too loose! My goal right now is to fit back into mine. I think it got too tight maybe 15 lbs ago?? I have fat fingers, I think they shrink up before the rest of me but they also plump up like sausages, LOL.

Totally made myself go to boxing today. In typical Monday style, I cannot figure out where I put my little Polar heart rate monitor after I used it last week...I was chatting it up after class and not paying attention to gathering up all my gear and junk. Hoping it shows up somewhere in the next day or so.

My oldest turns 12 tomorrow. That means cake! I LOVE cake. I'm going to eat it and then make sure it disappears the very next day because I have no self-control :-)

Later!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    stef123633 wrote: »
    Good Monday Kid's,

Larro, I bet your job is extremely interesting, dealing with brides/grooms/wedding parties. I am sure you see and hear it ALL!

Later!

I do see a little of everything. Tonight I have someone in every room. In addition to Taekwondo and the Quilting Club which meet every Monday night, I have a Scholarship Signing party for a tall young lady, {volleyball?} and a man trying to sell health insurance through Obama Care. But we do lots and lots of baby showers, birthday parties and family reunions.

All the customers got in the way of my walking though. If my motivation lasts, I will walk in the Ball Room once Taekwondo leave. I did get in 10 minutes walking to Mamma's and back earlier, so.......

Larro
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Sigh, the weekend flew by too fast again. I had to work OT on Saturday, so that didn't help matters. Will be putting in a lot of OT between now and the end of the year due to legislative changes that need to be implemented by January 1st, along with other year-end stuff I have to do.

When I get crazy busy this time of year at work, I always have to remind myself to eat, drink enough water, and get up from time to time to walk and get a little exercise. I tend to plow forward with whatever task I'm doing and lose all track of time.

I spent my morning yesterday getting my weekly cooking out of the way, and then took a looooong nap yesterday afternoon. Seriously, I laid down to just close my eyes and rest for a few minutes, and the next thing I knew three hours had disappeared. I finally woke up because my dog pestered me awake. Felt good though, but I had a hard time getting to sleep last night.

For my weekly cooking this week I made a pot of black eyed peas cooked with vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, onions, carrots, garlic salt and black pepper; hard boiled a dozen eggs; roasted some veggies (red potatoes, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, and carrots); made some cashew milk; and made another batch of those banana, apple oatmeal protein bars, but this time I added some pureed pumpkin and apple pie spice to it.

...30 minutes later. I had to step away because the fire alarm in the building went off. So 400 of us had to evacuate the building and walk over to a nearby park where we have to wait out fire alarms. At least it wasn't 107 degrees outside like the last time we had a fire drill. We baked out in that park for over an hour that time!

Better close now and finish this day. Have a nice rest of the day everyone! :)

• larrodarro
    Options
    Here are some pictures from the prison where the tornado hit this morning. Our part time guy is an officer there.

67344_10152872332864916_5973857848158503983_n.jpg?oh=fc9103183529693d8b74d92089a06b93&oe=54E7EF86&__gda__=1423451835_e613cf47f3631101f0196d0ec6dc7741

10801746_10152872332904916_1946347257783890643_n.jpg?oh=0693ba1b70812e87c10ee451b04f4ad2&oe=54D687E7
  • Mzklutch
    Mzklutch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Devakall, welcome aboard, may you find refuge and support to excel here. It has been a great group I noticed as I read their chats from 2012. I am on day 21 of logging and using MFP. I am glad that I have made it this far, my usual inflexible self I am trying to put to rest on the journey to health this time around. So far so good. The next leg of my journey is to start my exercise routines.

Hi everyone, it seems lives have been pretty busy.
    KS great job on the running and workout. Please tell me how to start and grow to love running? Does it get easier on the body as weight decreases? I haven't started trying to even look at running because I want to protect my joints and feel at 246lbs would be too much to carry. Advise.....
  • Mzklutch
    Mzklutch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    nickpnh wrote: »
    Welcome Mzklutch! I try to find an item as close to what I am getting as possible. Another restaurant slice of pizza or chicken dinner. I sometimes google the item and find another site that has calculated the calories for that restaurant and do quick add calories. Just do your best.

Thanks Nickpnh

• aphack1
    aphack1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • stef123633
    Options
    Good morning!

Not wanting to seem lazy, but I do want to know more about people's weight loss journey - I guess I could read back thousands of threads, LOL. If anyone esp long timers want to jot a quick note about how long they've been at this, are they at goal, or what their goals are, please feel free to help me out! I'm planning to be a follower here for awhile. Go me, I'm about a week in now?!

Just made my veggie soup for the week. Since I ran out last Thursday, it was time to get my game on.

Stay warm everyone and have a great day!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    It's Tuesday! Jacob stayed overnight with me last night as both of his parents were sick. We had a fun "slumber party" except when it actually came time to go to bed. He was a bit upset that he wasn't with his mommy and daddy. I ended up letting him sleep in my bed and he is crazy busy when he sleeps. Feet and legs everywhere! I woke up to a foot in the face one time and a hand over my eye on a few occasions and I think a foot to the stomach a time or two! He slept well overall, but has a little bit of a cold so was coughing some and then woke up sneezing too. :flushed: Obviously no work out today, but I did better food wise and also with fluid intake and it showed in my weight this am. I had creeped up about 5lbs over the last few weeks with all of the craziness :frowning: but was down a little over 2lbs today. I am thinking a lot of it is sodium since I really have been eating on the run more than I ever normally do.

Stef- I have been at this almost two years and started at 269lbs. I have lost a little over 100- except for the slight increase mentioned above. I still have about 30lbs to get to my goal weight which is 140. I have dropped from a size 22-24 down to around a 10 and sometimes an 8. Good luck to you!

Welcome to all of the others that have joined as well. Hope you stick around a while!

Larro- those are some pics! We had what was described as "Straight Line" winds or a derecho many years ago that did a huge amount of damage to the small village I live in and many still believe that it was a tornado. I just remember the noise- so loud! (and Scary too!)

Have a good day all!
  • devakali
    devakali Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, MzKlutch... I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit. Seems that folks here are quite supportive.

Stef, (not that I'm an oldtimer, but) I joined WW back in early 2008 after being overweight-to-obese for most of my life. I lost the first 35 lbs just eating better, and then I started running (really a slow jog). I'd already finished 6 sprint distance triathlons by then--slowly slowly, but I'd walked most of the run portion. I didn't love tris as much as I'd hoped, so I joined a half marathon training group. Running + WW lost me most of another 15 lbs by 2010. I kept it off, and then I lost another 10 just with running and eating better in 2012. Since then, I've been living in places that are snowed in for half of the year or more, under a ton of stress, moving every few months... and I ended up gaining a little over 20lbs back from my lowest. I just kept thinking "I'm okay with five pounds as long as I don't gain any more than that," or, "once I'm settled this extra five won't be too hard to shake." Welp. Here I am. I'm back on track, and down 7+. I've just (yesterday) started the Stronglift 5x5 program because I really need some muscles now that I'm in my 40s. My metabolism is completely MIA all of a sudden! I'm also hiking the hills around my house instead of running, because of snow and also all the hard-body college kids in my town sometimes make me feel frumpy--it isn't having the miraculous effect that running gave me 5 years ago, but I'm trying trying trying to love my capable, not-too-shabby-for-an-old-lady body regardless. I'm also trying not to get too hung up on a particular number, but I think somewhere around 15lbs should have me back in my snow pants with room for a lodge lunch after snowshoeing to spare.

KellySue, your progress is inspiring! What has worked to keep you to your program? My biggest problem is work dinners. At the college where I work, visiting writers come almost every week and the department takes them out to the fanciest dinner in town... I've never yet passed on dessert or wine (someone else is paying!) but I can't bounce back from those meals with a couple of days of clean eating anymore.

mygnsac, your weekly cooking looks wonderful. Have you posted a recipe for those bars before? They sound delicious.

Larro, I'm glad you didn't get hurt in the storm. Did the prison have any issues with that fence being down?

~Chelsea