Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    sarabeth40 wrote: »
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

To funny
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I kept getting stared at last night at work. It was mostly by male patients, and one new male nursing student. When I took my dinner break, I spent at least 5 minutes in the bathroom searching the mirror to see if there was something on my face or anything gross on my shirt/in my hair. I wear a dark blue button-up polo shirt, so no cleavage is exposed. I wear light colored baggy khaki pants, so nothing should have been showing there. The only thing I could think was that the day before, I had a small blood spot on the back of my pants. This was washed out and no new spots were discovered. Still having found nothing, I'm not really sure what the issue was.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

Love it!!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.

Yeah, mine is more like $100 a month. I thought all gyms seemed cheap in the US. I think they work to a different business model.

Most US gyms charge a lower monthly fee and count on every member not coming daily or even every other day. Someone from my YMCA staff is likely to Facebook me today and find out why I haven't been there in over a week.

One of my friends from high school went to Planet Fitness. He said it was $10/month and free pizza on Wednesdays. I always felt the free pizza was a little counterproductive on his part, but great for business. If you're gorging on free pizza once a week, chances are you'll still need that membership a little longer :tongue:
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I don't know you, but I really like you :smile:
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was such a child last night, wanted a takeaway for tea but nobody else did, so you would think I should say good, I can stick to my calories, but nope, I sulked, to myself. And had chocolate and crisps for tea, but hey, was still within my calories :smile:
  • raymax4
    Options
    Confession

I tend to eat mindlessly. Which makes this program work so well for me. If I have to log it before I put it in my mouth I find myself saying. "Why am I picking this up, I'm not hungry, and I don't even want this.
    Here is the rub. It's coming up to Halloween. During Halloween there are always buckets of cheep candy every where.
    I'm worried that my tendency to pick up and eat will be on overdrive.
  • raymax4
    Options
    My two confessions for the day:

1. I am already debating in my head how I want to attack Thanksgiving/Christmas meals this year. I am thinking that I'll eat around 1,300-1,600 a week before the holidays & then have a lot of extra calories to eat back from Fitbit. I don't plan on having an all out gorge like last Christmas, but it would be freeing to know that I can overindulge without having to worry about much.
    2. It's 7:39 & I've already ate a thousand calories. This isn't a binge, but I find on my days off I like to eat a lot of my calories earlier.

Pre planning awesome
    I hear that it is best to have your first meal of the day to be a big one and that eating less before you go to bed promotes weight loss.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

1. I am already debating in my head how I want to attack Thanksgiving/Christmas meals this year. I am thinking that I'll eat around 1,300-1,600 a week before the holidays & then have a lot of extra calories to eat back from Fitbit. I don't plan on having an all out gorge like last Christmas, but it would be freeing to know that I can overindulge without having to worry about much.
    2. It's 7:39 & I've already ate a thousand calories. This isn't a binge, but I find on my days off I like to eat a lot of my calories earlier.

Pre planning awesome
    I hear that it is best to have your first meal of the day to be a big one and that eating less before you go to bed promotes weight loss.

I've pretty much been doing the opposite of that, and I'm doing OK. I think it's whatever works for you is what promotes weight loss. If it isn't sustainable for YOU, then it isn't going to work. I have to have dessert every night. If I try to deprive myself of that, I freak out and eat ALL THE FOODZ. So, if I work about 250-300 calories of ice cream into my diary every night, I do much better.

I don't eat breakfast until 9:00 to 10:00 most mornings, because I'm not hungry. Why eat when I'm not hungry? You can't "kickstart" your metabolism. Your metabolism is what it is, unless you have done some serious damage to it (i.e., anorexia).

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox. One last comment of - don't believe all the gimmicks you hear. 99% of them are just that, gimmicks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession

I tend to eat mindlessly. Which makes this program work so well for me. If I have to log it before I put it in my mouth I find myself saying. "Why am I picking this up, I'm not hungry, and I don't even want this.
    Here is the rub. It's coming up to Halloween. During Halloween there are always buckets of cheep candy every where.
    I'm worried that my tendency to pick up and eat will be on overdrive.

I do this during the holidays too. I try to leave myself 200 or so calories for various munchies that aren't a whole serving and that I may even forget I ate.

On a related note, my NSV for yesterday was counting out one serving of candy corn from the bag my kids talked me out of and leaving the rest in the kitchen. I was 9 calories over my goal and I can live with that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA you are awesome!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Pre planning awesome

I've pretty much been doing the opposite of that, and I'm doing OK. I think it's whatever works for you is what promotes weight loss. If it isn't sustainable for YOU, then it isn't going to work. I have to have dessert every night. If I try to deprive myself of that, I freak out and eat ALL THE FOODZ. So, if I work about 250-300 calories of ice cream into my diary every night, I do much better.

I don't eat breakfast until 9:00 to 10:00 most mornings, because I'm not hungry. Why eat when I'm not hungry? You can't "kickstart" your metabolism. Your metabolism is what it is, unless you have done some serious damage to it (i.e., anorexia).

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox. One last comment of - don't believe all the gimmicks you hear. 99% of them are just that, gimmicks.

I'm the same way, I don't typically eat until around 10 and when I do it's greek yougurt, some granola, and fruit. I don't ever really have a meal that's larger than any of the others. I also don't really stick to an eating plan, I eat when I'm hungry!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

HAHAHAHA you are awesome!

Hahahahaha that is hilarious!

999a48f84574f34f3557a57d42f8a2ee.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    I have an absolute 100% full on food addiction and binge eating disorder. I would be able to maintain sub 10% year round if I didn't have an eating disorder. In the long run, there is nothing more that has hurt my fitness regimen or my progress than my eating disorder. I have zero faith in actually being able to fix the problem, ever. It sucks but something I've accepted and just live with. It's a mental battle every single day at this point and the only thing I can do is battle the urges to over eat while training as hard as I possibly can with the time available.

That's my confession.

If you have named the problem, you can solve the problem. My biggest way to fight binge eating is to leave the house. Thankfully, I have a dog to walk. if I need to stay in, I find something to do that requires both hands, like matching socks.

Great advice Melissa! @projectsix which foods do you normally binge on? Do you binge on everything & anything? If you only binge on particular foods like sweets, salty things, etc. then try not to buy them at the grocery store or avoid going to fast food places.

I find when I binge it's from trying to eat too healthy & feeling I have to restrict my favorite foods, getting up way earlier than normal & eating too many simple carbs & not protein, or having a stressful day at work.

What I've been doing is fitting a lot of my favorite foods in my food diary, trying to hit at least a few servings of veggie, & keeping my protein around 70-100.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I was such a child last night, wanted a takeaway for tea but nobody else did, so you would think I should say good, I can stick to my calories, but nope, I sulked, to myself. And had chocolate and crisps for tea, but hey, was still within my calories :smile:

I felt like such a kid yesterday eating Frankenberry cereal for breakfast.

th?id=JN.4LC9TBw9wmvMRE6cHdOVmQ&pid=15.1
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I felt like such a kid yesterday eating Frankenberry cereal for breakfast.

My SO would love that stuff! We already come back from US trips with huge boxes of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.

I just flexed to check out my arm in my office mirror. It's a tiny cheap "locker" mirror that I have on the wall and it's to prevent disasters like walking around sporting a mascara smear or food in my teeth, so I had to move around to view my whole arm.

I like muscles. :) But I'm really glad nobody saw me do that.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have an absolute 100% full on food addiction and binge eating disorder. I would be able to maintain sub 10% year round if I didn't have an eating disorder. In the long run, there is nothing more that has hurt my fitness regimen or my progress than my eating disorder. I have zero faith in actually being able to fix the problem, ever. It sucks but something I've accepted and just live with. It's a mental battle every single day at this point and the only thing I can do is battle the urges to over eat while training as hard as I possibly can with the time available.

That's my confession.

First part of dealing with the problem is admitting you have it. It sounds like you might want to see someone about it, but that requires the desire to truly change the problem. From the looks of your profile pic, it hasn't been too bad.

Naw it's pretty bad but it's a yo-yo effect. I'll binge hard, then diet hard, binge diet binge diet. My only saviour is that I enjoy training in the gym and have been for about 7 years consistently now average 5-6 days a week consistently.

I have absolutely no hope at all though that the problem can be fixed by seeing anyone. I don't see how someone can flip a cycle that's been occurring most of my life. I don't think it can be fixed, only managed and even then it's not something easy to manage at all.

It can happen. I lived this way for most of my life. Nobody ever knew because I always maintained a healthy weight and was running constantly and lifting weights. A lot of people would tell me they wished they had my metabolism. Little did they know what I was dealing with behind the scenes. I've managed to get a more healthy relationship with food over the past 3 years or so (I'm 41). I still have slips where I'll binge, but they are much smaller scale and much shorter lived.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I would have done worse than licking...
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

I love this, it goes to show we have control over our medical destiny

One year ago I was taking two shots a day (insulin and a medication to help my body produce insulin) and 2 different kind of pills to control blood sugar and also taking pills for cholesterol and blood pressure. I got off the shots many months ago and am down to one of the pills and half dose of other one for blood sugar and off the cholesterol and bp meds. We do have control over some things. Some are not so lucky as I am, there is no cure for type 1 diabetes for instance.