The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

I got DP'ed. Yup. You read that right. Uptown and downtown scopes. Colonoscopy and endoscopy. Fun!

And if you're asking about the "problems"...digestive problems from top to bottom and errywhere in betwixt...I'm sure you can assume the deets...

Talk about TMI! :D

man...they had to do them both at the same time? that's asking a LOT of somebody.

i hope it means they come up with some answers...but if they're already telling you that "everything looks good", you might want to consider asking for copies of your results so you can get a second opinion.

and, hey....EVERYBODY - i need Instagram handles, pronto. ME: prodigalhippie

see you guys over there, if you're so inclined.

for now, though...gym did me in. gonna hit the hay.

Don't worry, we'll find you.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    OK, there were other factors involved, but that definitely didn't help.

I'm never quite sure why they think that will help.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    mhiggi02 wrote: »
    Who's snarking. I'm not an "official" nightshifter.....just up early

What's got you up so early?

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Soooo...soccer is up in the air. It rained all day yesterday, nearly all night. It is in the 50s right now but game starts 3 hours from now...I'm gonna vote "No".

I hope is stays grey and rainy...this day sleeper loooves that!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Soooo...soccer is up in the air. It rained all day yesterday, nearly all night. It is in the 50s right now but game starts 3 hours from now...I'm gonna vote "No".

Even if they decided to have it...sounds miserable, and like a cold waiting to happen! I vote, "No."

• sufferlandrian
    Options

It's soccer, not baseball. They play in the rain, cold and everything except lightning.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Well, since I didn't go to work and my plans got canceled, I had nothing better to do than clean up the computer a bit. Good thing I don't share the scripts I write for things like this:

searching /home/anthony for duplicate files...
    Found 17G in duplicates... that's a lot, dumbass.
    Hope you don't eat crap the way you feed me crap to store on my harddrive.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got a chance to get on the stationary bike this morning. Now stuff is coming in and I can't get a shower. Hope I don't stink too bad.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    @hamptontom Your instrument lineup! The pedal steel, the banjo, the mandolin, the dobro...man...impressive! I'm a big bluegrass/newgrass/roots/Americana/old timey whatever you wanna call it...fan! Listening to the pedal steel in a song yesterday morning is what started the waterworks! The mournful, wailing sound from that just HIT me. I'm not a religious person...I always say "music is my church"...and those instruments are the makers of the sermons!

aaaaawwwww...thank you, ma'am. i appreciate the kind words. it's certainly made for an interesting life. :)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    just got back from apple and peach picking... yeah... good thing i don't usually log on weekends... probably about 3,000 cal in apples and peaches right there.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    just got back from apple and peach picking... yeah... good thing i don't usually log on weekends... probably about 3,000 cal in apples and peaches right there.

Did they have to roll you home? Because wow, that would be a lot ofpeaces and apples! It doesn't get warm enough here to grow many peaches, though some try. We get some really good apples, though!

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options

It's soccer, not baseball. They play in the rain, cold and everything except lightning.

That is what her dad says and he was a soccer kid!

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Man, when I was very little, we had an orchard on one of the farms we lived on. Apples, peaches, plums, pears and cherries. I remember taking all of the old fallen apples and we'd bring them to the cider mill to get them pressed. It was sooo cool! Or maybe I was a big nerd. We'd have a truck full of gallons of cider for the extended family. Good times....
  • jennifer_417
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey, I made it to the gym this morning! Yay! *pats self on back*

We had a cherry orchard where we lived when I was a kid, but we would usually get a late freeze that would prevent us from getting any fruit. It was so beautiful when the blooms were out, I remember walking among the trees, and the wind would gust just right as the blooms were falling, it would look like it was snowing. We also had some apple trees, and my mom would make apple sauce and butter every year.
  • hamptontom
    Options
    oh, man...we had a trio of apple trees down behind my grandparent's house, and i spent HOURS in the top of the one closest to the road, just sitting there and letting the hours pass by watching the occasional car or truck come up or down the road.

good times. :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    oh, man...we had a trio of apple trees down behind my grandparent's house, and i spent HOURS in the top of the one closest to the road, just sitting there and letting the hours pass by watching the occasional car or truck come up or down the road.

good times. :)

I miss climbing trees but the last time I did, on the way down, I fell a bit and a newer, younger tree was trying to grow right next to the one I was climbing. It skewered me in the right @$$ cheek....I still have the scar.
    The most shocking part for everyone about this story is that I was STONE COLD SOBER....Apparently, adults don't climb trees unless they are inebriated?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That's 'cause adults are boring...usually.
  • hamptontom
    Options
    truth, @jennifer_417.

@lilaclovebird - it's funny how the things that seem to get us in the most trouble happen when NO alcohol is involved, isn't it?

there's a certain amount of abandon that we have as kids that we lose when we get older and fear creeps into the equation...and sometimes, i think that fear actually makes us TOO cautious, sometimes. :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    When I was 17...I rolled a Suburban...I was completely sober. The night before, I had drove from the main street of my small town to a friends' house since I was drunk and thought I was being responsible not driving out in the country to get home. I cringe when I look back at the things my dumba$$ younger self did...stuff that I wouldn't DREAM of doing now! At least I learned...some never do...
  • hamptontom
    Options
    When I was 17...I rolled a Suburban...I was completely sober. The night before, I had drove from the main street of my small town to a friends' house since I was drunk and thought I was being responsible not driving out in the country to get home. I cringe when I look back at the things my dumba$$ younger self did...stuff that I wouldn't DREAM of doing now! At least I learned...some never do...

it's not a constant truth, but sometimes I think we're capable of doing a LOT more damage when we're sober than we're capable of when we're under the influence. generally, when i'm having a few cocktails (like tonight, for instance...not that there's anything wrong with that.. :) ) - i'm not interested in doing anything crazy or dangerous. I know that I'm not typical in that respect, though. But hey - it takes all kinds. Me? I'm doing laundry and watching classic TV shows...and hanging with you guys, of course.

are you guys working? are you just awake for no reason? what are you guys up to tonight?