WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    MNMargaret- thanks!

DJ - we did rent a sprayer but still had to drive the paint into the spaces between the shakes! Also I had to follow behind to get the excess paint because of that. After this the next time will be easy. The flat was on the trailer so at least no expense for us.

Sylvia- (((hugs))) I thought something was wrong! My DH's Dr told him that after his second obstruction that he has to really watch what he eats because it will happen again. Did you have any warning signs?

Linda - I bet your canned tomatoes are better than store bought any day!

Pip - count down!

Allison- Happy Anniversary! Choose to Love, Laugh, and be Happy!

Carol- these ladies give good advice don't they! (((hugs)))

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy032.gif DJ, I love your long posts and appreciate how you include so many people.

smiley-happy026.gifKatla, I love the Oregon coast and that would be my first choice....where is your son coming from? who is paying for this holiday adventure?

smiley-happy026.gifTerri, I got the courage to get a colonoscopy from the supportive women on this thread....I know you'll find ways to make the time pass and get through the procedure and be thrilled when it's over

smiley-happy026.gifMIndy, congrats on being Employee of the Week

smiley-happy026.gifAlison, You should get a medal for staying married for 18 years to a man who doesn't treat you with the love and respect you should have.

smiley-happy032.gif.Becca, I treat drinking water as an important thing to do just like brushing my teeth, flossing, etc. I keep a small pad of paper when I put a mark for each glass and if I don't have enough by bedtime, I stand in the kitchen and drink the rest of my water.

smiley-happy032.gif MIchele, what I know about dealing with my husband is that it is very easy to make a list of his shortcomings and I have to make a conscious effort to stay focused on all the things he does right....we both are happier when I do that.

smiley-happy032.gif Kim, that embroidery machine looks awesome...is it at your house? is it always up and ready to work with? can you post a picture of one of your projects?

smiley-happy032.gif Lisa, I loved the carnival story....it may be that all your interesting life experience has contributed to the wisdom you have today and you ability to take on monumental tasks.

smiley-happy023.gif Mia, welcome back and congrats on your weight loss

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    well I think I am figuring out something..Tom cant sit still, he doesnt want to tell me how he is feeling so he finds stuff to do so he doesnt have to be around me,,he is looking for things to do so he doesnt have to confront the situation...
    so he found a little imperfection in the surround around the fireplace so he is off to Lowes to buy wood filler :s
    I hope he can figure out what he wants.. I will truck along and keep on going.. beautiful fall day here today..
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sun.
    Sylvia,feel better
    hugs jane
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

smiley-happy032.gif MIchele, what I know about dealing with my husband is that it is very easy to make a list of his shortcomings and I have to make a conscious effort to stay focused on all the things he does right....we both are happier when I do that

Allison ... This comment is not in reference to your marital situation.

Barbie's comment made me think about what my husband's list of MY shortcomings would look like!! It is best in a marriage to look at each other's strengths. But this happens, of course, when the marriage is a loving one that includes respect. I can overlook a lot ... I'm glad my husband does too!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!
    I'm home. Had a good journey. We had our dinner on the train. Sat in First Class, but never had to pay for it as the guard didn't have his ticket machine! Luxury. :bigsmile: I had sushi. <3
    Very happy to have given DS and DDIL a great time in Paris. They came back with ceps (porcini mushrooms) from the market for us and a bottle of wine.
    DH had such a wonderful time with the kids. I enjoyed it, but it's not my natural element. They are adorable though and we only had a few tears from DGD when she was tired or hurt. It helped that the parents sent emails with photos I could show her. Very much a mummy's girl.
    A good job well done. I did well up with tears when they talked about Paris. Aaaaahhhhh! They had beautiful weather this morning for walking along the river past Notre Dame.

Too tired to comment more. Read all. Thinking of you all. Off to bed.

Heather, back in Hampshire UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    spin, 45.17min, 85ar, 99aw, 9g 1song, 10g 1song, 11g 1song, 12g 1song, 13g 1song, repeat, 19mi = 389c
    row - 8.08min, 31aw, 1107meters, right hand only = 68c
    total cal 457
  • pipcd34
    Options
    mtowne - congrats on your employee recognition!!!!. changed the bed sheets, load of laundry in, gotta keep truckin
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Gloria – I agree we all have been thru a lot and yet here we are determined to stay healthy and move forward. What a strong, beautiful group of ladies. I also agree that at some point your son, my grandson every adult regardless of what happened to us in the past (cuz we all have our stories,) have to take responsibility for our own actions.

Penny – High five on that super NSV. That is totally exciting. Now I want to see a pic of the dress, sounds gorgeous. :)

Linda in N Ontario – good job. It's always so exciting to see it coming off and to see results in other numbers also. Give us incentive to continue on. Way to go, keep up the good work.

MNMargaret – very good advice. Such a wise lady. I tend to be a hot head and really have to control it. At my last and final job, I had been there for 4 years, my boss would get irritated if I stood up for myself and then always say “maybe you'd like to take the afternoon off” as a threat. The last time I called Jack, told him the situation and he said pack up your belongings and come home. I had never done anything like that in my life. Of course I was single most of my adult life and did not have that luxury. I also was planning on retiring in three months, which my boss was aware of. I would not have done that if I had to look for another position. Lol

Sylvia – SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT. As if you don't have enough going on right now. Praying for a speedy recovery and that you do get to go home today. (((Hugs)))

DJ – I too wish so badly that I had a friend to exercise with. So far not found one. Tried to talk Jack into walking with me. Haven't given up on that one yet.

Pip – that sounds like a terrific plan for a “cushy” recovery :)

Mindy
    – that is terrific to be “employee of the week” Way to go girl!!! Thanks on the good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Lazy day here today, rainy and cool. I'm loving it. Still have stuff in the motorhome that I need to bring in the house but am not going to do it in the rain. I'll have to get busy tomorrow and do laundry. Watching football. I am a football fanatic :)

Janetr OKC

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Linda in N Ontario: We have three small blueberry bushes and eat every berry fresh when it is ripe. Now that they're finished bearing for the year, I've bought a bag of frozen organic blueberries. They aren't as good as ours but are better than having none. I don't think they grow wild around here although many are in cultivation. Wild berries seem to be farther north in Canada and Alaska. I hope someone will tell me otherwise. :bigsmile:

Joyce: Set two alarms on Sunday mornings. If they don't wake you, set three. Is there an evening service? Remember that God hears your prayers even when you are alone and not in the company of church members. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Alison: Happy Anniversary. I hope the next year brings peace and healing. According to a book I have called Wedding Anniversary Celebrations, c. 1951, this is your Crystal Anniversary. Perhaps you could get a crystal ball to help see the future, but going to lunch as a celebration of your hard work would be more practical and might be pleasant for you both. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: DS is stationed at Fort Lewis. My guess is that we would be paying for the adventure. :ohwell:

Heather: Rest well after your babysitting adventure. It was generous of you and DH to give DS and DDIL the chance to get away together. :heart:

Pip: I've been thinking about your upcoming surgery. I hope it goes very well and the healing is swift and complete. You'll do a great job with the rehab when it is the right time. :heart:

I've had a busy morning taking down my tomato vine and picking the ripe tomatoes. They're past prime but DH wants to try to make tomato juice. My bean vine may be next to go. Last year the beans produced until Halloween, but this year I was gone and a large number of beans "matured" and might be useful for seed or??? The bean vine is still growing and we'll see if it puts on anymore little beans.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Penny- I can't wait to see you in your dress as well!

Heather- I am so glad you and DH had a good time with the DGC! First Class! What a treat!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    making my bed in the spare room.

blowing up 2 air mattresses so i don't have to far to get up and down from the bed. pretty smart huh!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I spent the day deep cleaning my office area. It was getting pretty gross since we had been so busy this summer. I did some purging, but there is still a lot more to do! I decided to give away about twenty of my gardening books. A bunch are old Time-Life series which are really good, but I have other resources I use. It was hard to make those decisions since there are so many lovely pictures in them.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share a photo from my walk today. I walked 3 miles to get ice cream. LOL :-)
    I hope this works -- it's the first time I've tried to include a photo. Happy Sunday to all.
    Polly in Virginia

j27ccn59o9az.jpg
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh dear -- it's VERY LARGE. Sorry. Does anyone know how to size it so it's smaller?
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Polly I cannot post my pictures if I do not resize them. We have a program called photo gallery. I go to properties and that is where I find resize that makes my pictures smaller. I use a 20 mega pixels digital camera and the pictures are just too big to post without doing this. It is more of a challenge for me to find it now that we have Windows 10.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • pipcd34
    Options
    walker54- i personally LOVE the big pics and it's a beautifull walking path!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Yep me too, keep the pictures big....makes me want to jump into the screen and walk with ya!