What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I got a new work shirt that actually fitted me and bam everyone commented on how much weight I've lost. My older baggier shirt was hiding it
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    I got a new work shirt that actually fitted me and bam everyone commented on how much weight I've lost. My older baggier shirt was hiding it
    Exactly!!
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My coworkers notice. The family who lives with me, less so, for that reason that it's gradual and they see me all the time. It's why we don't notice our kids grew up behind our backs. We look back at a picture of them 4 years ago and think, "My gosh! They were so little!". I kind of miss the little girl my daughter was. She like hugs and wasn't so sassy. But that's off-topic. (BTW: I rather like the boy my son is right now. There are reasons he was removed from our house. He's so much wiser now at 13.)
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    For me, so many things have changed! :) I am down 40 pounds, with 76 more pounds to lose....Here are some of the things I've noticed:

I don't get out of breath running up the three flights of stairs to my condo anymore.
    I feel more confident when having sex with my husband (sorry if that's TMI!) ;)
    I feel pretty again.
    I see my curves coming back, instead of feeling like a round blob, I have a shape now!
    Foods I used to love don't taste that great anymore: Pop, chips, anything sweet
    I get moody, REALLY moody when I don't work out - even sad!
    People are nicer to me, it is sad but it's true.
    My jeans aren't cutting into my stomach.
    I can cross one leg over the other and feel comfortable!
    Shirts that were tight are now loose and comfortable!
    I can sit, lean forward, and tie my shoes - without feeling like I can't breathe!
    I've made new friends, the girls I work out with at Zumba :)
    I feel less jealous of other women. This is HUGE for me!
    I enjoy eating healthy.
    I enjoy exercising.
    I enjoy MOVING!
    I want to go out more with my friends to clubs and bars. I don't want to sit home alone.
    I'm not constantly scared of what people think of me.
    I FEEL better, not just about myself on the outside, but on the inside too.
    My husband can pick me up...wow...what a feeling!
    I feel strong.
    I feel more CONFIDENT.
    I smile more.
    I feel light on my feet!
    I don't have to swing the car door completely open to get out!

I could go on and on and on, about how this journey is changing my life. Bottom line is...

LIFE IS BETTER!!!!!!! :) Good luck to you all on your journey!

• madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love this! I remember all this from losing weight before. I was thinking "why in the world haven't I done this before? Life is so much better"

Thanks! A great thread :)
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Strangely enough in getting thicker skin. I got called fat in the forum yesterday by a silly butthead troll and it really really didn't phase me. My sister in law (her and I had never gotten along) had a very loud laugh in the school office in front of me and about 17 other parents (pretending she didn't know I was there) about how her fat, stupid ugly sister in law is trying to lose weight again and it's totally not working. I laughed it off. I can lose my weight. I can better myself (currently studying nursing while working and being a mum) yet she'll always be a *kitten*. You can't diet or exercise away a bad personality.

This would normally have sent me home crying into a packet of chocolate biscuits. But I LAUGHED IT OFF!! ME!! So proud of myself

I believe my personality has changed a little as well. I'm always a little sensitive but I listen to myself more than to others. I have more confidence and I don't know why my weight had let me feel down all the time.

Good for you! Don't let this toxic person ruin your courage!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing! Starting change how I approach this journey and these comments have been filled with confirmations and cautions to look out for as I get to a healthier me!
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Bump
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How wonderful it is when you can share your chair without fear of falling off or pushing someone else off :smile:
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    That I could run a 5K without walking, hope for under 32 mins and actually do it in 30:07. At 51.

Fantastic! Congrats!
  • kim950
    kim950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Or maybe I just had a better attitude after and was more approachable?
    Nah..I was always jolly[/quote]

Go girl - I think they go hand in hand better attitude and more desirable is just the type of world I want to live in .... I too have plonked on the pounds around 14 lbs in a year so now I've signed to fitness pal I monitoring what I eat and up the fitness even if I'm tied and can only manage a long relaxing walk - energy creates energy soon I'll be running again
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am always cold now ... And I have such a problem finding jeans - always too big on waist and umm def fit on hip and thighs - I guess my waist is smaller than I thought
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!