Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So as not to tie up the board for the rest of today, thanks to all of you for your sympathy. I may let myself wallow in pity for the rest of today, but someone needs to tell me to snap out of it tomorrow, please.

Wallow today - it's allowed. Grief doesn't ever go away, it just sort of abates for awhile to return later. Hugs to you!! Thinking of you today. Grief bacon is okay for a day or two, though, but getting back on track returns to you the control that grief can steal away. More hugs!

This. And even more hugs!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: Many, many cookies were eaten today. (Sorry @pofoster21 :() I think my stomach hates me now.

Suzie, honey, I ate all of everything yesterday. 20th anniversary of my mom's death. I still can't decide if the hardest thing I have ever said is "My mom didn't want to live.this way, unplug the machines." Or "Nana's gone to heaven."

I'm so sorry. Grief is its own creature. My daughter called me from my parents ranch where she was spending a few weeks a year and a half ago. She was 15. "Mom, I thought you would want to know, Gigi died a few minutes ago." (Gigi is what we called my grandmother the last decade of her life, GG short for great grandmother but it suited her so well that everyone started calling her that.) Gigi played the mother role for me in ways my mother never has been able to do. I miss her. I miss her very much. You gave your mother the most difficult act of love that you could, to honor her wishes even though it meant saying goodbye and being the one to determine when that was. That is an incredible and touching act of love that you had the strength to do. A huge hug and I'm shedding some tears with you.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Ok, if this keeps up like it is right now, I have absolutely NO problems with my doctor making me take drug tests and counting my pills at each visit! This is probably the clearest my mind has ever been in my life! (Yes, I know this is my first day, but this is awesome!)

Today also starts Raelynn's first day in behavioral therapy. I'm hoping that this helps us, because she desperately needs the help. I feel like I'm losing control of my child, and that's the worst feeling I could feel right now. :'(

I'm feeling that too with my son. Head up, deep breaths. It is a process that takes time and improvements are not linear. She'll do great, then she will revert to some behaviors, then slow improvement, then leaps of improvement. You'll get there!
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I must confess that I feel a little crazy and conceited. A month ago, if someone was staring at me, I'd assume that they were lost in thought or there was something wrong with me. Tonight, one of the guys I work with kept looking at me while he was wheeling around patient beds for things like taking them to xray. At first, I didn't think anything of it.. figured I was probably just really close to being in the way. Then he smacked into a computer with a bed. When I looked up because I heard the noise, he was staring at me and paying no attention to the patient or the computer. He gave me a big goofy "oops" grin, and his whole face was bright red. He passed by me several more times throughout the night, and each time he'd stare at me, and when I'd look back his whole face would go red. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of middle school when guys are too shy to talk with the girls and when the girl smiles, the guy giggles and runs away.. The last time he went by me, he asked me where one of the rooms was, even though he has worked there longer than I have, and had just come out of that room about 5 minutes before. Conceited me is pretty sure he thinks I'm pretty awesome to look at. Crazy me thinks I should be wearing baggier pants to keep from having issues like that in the future (I wear size 16/18 right now for my work pants, because I bought them about 20 pounds ago, and can now fit in 12/14... if I go any larger, I'll need suspenders since the belt is having some trouble with the 18s as it is.. hence me feeling nuts)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    About to post pictures in the Batcave of the cat/circle experiment!!!

Oh, dang it, I forgot to try that tonight. In my defense, I was taking "before" pictures for a six-week challenge I signed up for on bodybuilding.com. Pictures, of me, in my smallest swimsuit. And I'm going to put them on the World Wide Web where anyone can see them... (Oh my gosh, what have I done?!?)

Website address please.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I must confess that I feel a little crazy and conceited. A month ago, if someone was staring at me, I'd assume that they were lost in thought or there was something wrong with me. Tonight, one of the guys I work with kept looking at me while he was wheeling around patient beds for things like taking them to xray. At first, I didn't think anything of it.. figured I was probably just really close to being in the way. Then he smacked into a computer with a bed. When I looked up because I heard the noise, he was staring at me and paying no attention to the patient or the computer. He gave me a big goofy "oops" grin, and his whole face was bright red. He passed by me several more times throughout the night, and each time he'd stare at me, and when I'd look back his whole face would go red. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of middle school when guys are too shy to talk with the girls and when the girl smiles, the guy giggles and runs away.. The last time he went by me, he asked me where one of the rooms was, even though he has worked there longer than I have, and had just come out of that room about 5 minutes before. Conceited me is pretty sure he thinks I'm pretty awesome to look at. Crazy me thinks I should be wearing baggier pants to keep from having issues like that in the future (I wear size 16/18 right now for my work pants, because I bought them about 20 pounds ago, and can now fit in 12/14... if I go any larger, I'll need suspenders since the belt is having some trouble with the 18s as it is.. hence me feeling nuts)

Aww, that's cute! He has a crush on you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    FITBIT IS HERE!!!! Friends please add me!!!!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    About to post pictures in the Batcave of the cat/circle experiment!!!

Oh, dang it, I forgot to try that tonight. In my defense, I was taking "before" pictures for a six-week challenge I signed up for on bodybuilding.com. Pictures, of me, in my smallest swimsuit. And I'm going to put them on the World Wide Web where anyone can see them... (Oh my gosh, what have I done?!?)

Hahaha! I have the same pics of me, but they aren't on the internet. They are on the cloud, but luckily I'm not a celebrity so I don't think anybody will try to hack my pictures.
    Good luck with the challenge!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of signing up for something like that myself. I just got started with the 30 day beginner set instead. I still need to put up pics there.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »

That's a great NSV and don't you dare wear looser clothes. You've worked hard and shouldn't have to hide it.

PS. I hope he didn't make the patient he crashed feel more pain than they may have been feeling already.

ETA I have no idea why my phone is added extra quotes...but I hate it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess that I find it funny that someone is giving my manager's phone number to people calling with questions about their billing statements.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    It's so cold in this office that I want to go get in the car where the sun has been shining in and making it unbearably hot. Can't wait until the end of the day.

Edited because technology hates me.

I hate that. My old office was always freezing. I actually brought a blanket to work and put it on my legs, it was that bad.

They are trying to preserve you through refrigeration
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I got and accepted your request. I also suggested the rest of the Batcavers to you to make it easier. :)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

I got and accepted your request. I also suggested the rest of the Batcavers to you to make it easier. :)

I accepted too! Welcome to Fitbit!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

MissKalhan wrote: »
    Yay for your Fitbit and awesome dad, Laura!!!

Thanks I'm so excited to get it and get it all set up with you guys woo hoo!!

Nice!!! I'm still Fitbit-less, but that's ok. I'm currently obsessing over the Garmin Forerunner 225...has HRM w/out needing a strap, built in GPS, good for running.... I wants it! Saving up for that currently. Wish I could join the Fitbit crew, but I don't like the comparable Fitbit version (Charge HR) as much as I like the Garmin. heh

I adore Garmin, I'm trying to justify getting the new one...

Um, you just ran a 1/2 marathon... I think that's justification!! :) I say get a sweet Garmin and then we can be Garmin friends when I get mine one day. Ha!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Wooo hooo thanks!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Laura! How do you like your new Fitbit? You got the Charge HR?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Yep the Charge HR! So far so good! I'm just trying to get used to a different app tracker and how it syncs with MFP is a bit different but I'm so happy to have an activity tracker again I felt so lost without it! It was kind of sad actually because before these came out I never thought about steps or activity during workouts, I just worked out. Now I can't stand working out without it!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    When I did my C25K last night, I had my Fitbit and my Polar HR on. So I was all geared up for my run!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Yep the Charge HR! So far so good! I'm just trying to get used to a different app tracker and how it syncs with MFP is a bit different but I'm so happy to have an activity tracker again I felt so lost without it! It was kind of sad actually because before these came out I never thought about steps or activity during workouts, I just worked out. Now I can't stand working out without it!

And then when you do forget to put it on (if you're like me) you throw a minor hissy fit and don't want to do the workout/walk/whatever.