What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Size 6!!!! I've never been a size six in my adult life, never thought I could be!!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I squatted 170 lb 5x5 @130 lbs, in a deficit. Maintenance...fine. I was really proud of myself for hitting it while cutting though.

And it's really a NSV because I haven't lost any dang weight in this deficit either.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    If you've ever shopped at Dress Barn, you will know that they keep the Woman's clothing (plus-sizes) and Misses clothing completely segregated. Stores are split in half - Woman's on left, Misses on right:

03yb98yasa5o.jpg

Although it makes it easier to shop, I almost feel like, as a plus-size person, that I am not "allowed" to walk over to "the other side of the tracks." :#:) I always turn left into the store, to the Woman side, never to the right. The last time I was there, I bravely moseyed over to the verboten side from the plus-size side, looked at a few things, and, when a salesperson approached me, I explained guiltily that I had lost a lot of weight and might be moving in on moving over from Woman. She kindly, and perhaps pityingly ( :(:D ) explained that the Misses sizes were actually cut completely differently from Woman sizes, so that an XL in Misses would be smaller than a 0 plus-size. I actually thought she was going to take me by the shoulders and turn me back to where I obviously belonged. (This is all in my head, I'm sure). o:)

Today I bravely went where no plus-size me has ever gone before - though the door, to the right and directly to Misses. Oh, what a time I had there!! I decided that I would not buy anything larger than a Misses large - if it didn't fit, I would simply wait. But I have lost 50 pounds now and I wanted to hopefully buy myself something to celebrate, something pretty, something not cheap, something not plus-size.

They were having a buy one, get one half-off sweaters sale. I bought two size Misses large sweaters. They both fit.

I shall be turning to the right when I enter Dress Barn in the future. B)

Whoo hoo! (Didn't they used to have a drinky toast smiley around here? Oh well!) B)
  • Kalyn
    Kalyn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My new coworker is very thin and sits and eats junk food ALL day long. Today she had a box of cookies and offered me some and I politely declined. A proud moment for me because I am very into cookies lol. She also had my favorite candy (flavored tootsie rolls) and was offering to share. Before, I would have been all over those treats. I'm in this for real. My food was already planned out and I was not veering off my path ;)
  • rahnia
    rahnia Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I squatted 170 lb 5x5 @130 lbs, in a deficit. Maintenance...fine. I was really proud of myself for hitting it while cutting though.

And it's really a NSV because I haven't lost any dang weight in this deficit either.

That's an awesome NSV! Job well done! I find it so hard to maintain my strength while on a cut.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted 80kgs this morning!!!!!! That's heavier than me!!!!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I had some spontaneous energy and worked out a little circuit with my kids this morning. 6 am, too, which is not what I usually want to do that early...

I don't think that's what anyone usually wants to do that early. Fantastic job getting the kidlets involved! I bet they had fun!

No kidding! lol Thanks! They did, in fact my daughter worked out with me again today and then asked to go for walk. We ended up walking twice as much as we did yesterday!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hey hey, NSVers! This is always my first go-to thread of the day - I need more NSVs! There were only two yesterday, and I'm having to bump this up! :neutral::)

I have, for good or ill, moved very quickly from size 18 pants to size 16. This means that my favorite pants I was waiting to get back into are already loose :( and I actually don't have anything smaller. So yesterday I bought size 16. My hips have always been huge - even at 5'6" and 118 pounds (20 years old) my measurements were 34-24-36, so it's always a bit hard for me to see how much smaller sizes most women on MFP can wear at my weight. But these 16s fit comfortably, so I guess this is a good, albeit getting expensive, NSV.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I don't want ice cream.

Yeah, I know it's not earth shattering, but I always want ice cream, morning, noon, and night!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DH said "You're looking good, girl". Girl!! He hasn't called me that in 30 years!

I have broken my love of popcorn-with-butter. Don't even want popcorn. And DH can now keep jars of peanut butter in the cupboard. I don't scarf the whole jar anymore.
  • ktface17
    ktface17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A month or 2 ago, I cleaned out my closet for the first time in years. Got rid of bags of clothes that had become to big or just so far from what I wanted to be wearing at this point in life that I needed it gone. Yesterday, I realized that my dress pants were sagging off my butt again and my bras are sliding down and not fitting anymore. A shopping day is MUCH needed.....but first, I faced the closet again. I tried on all the dress pants left in my closet to find that only 1 pair fit properly and 1other pair I could fit into but is still a bit to tight to wear. Both of these pants are 14s (I have already purged 20s and 18s and now 16s are going as well...). Feeling encouraged, I pulled out the jeans I've been holding onto since 2006. My someday, maybe, wishful thinking, skinny days pants....the pants I couldn't pull above knee level earlier this year....and I got them on!!! Buttoned, zipped with no crazy hopping around or laying on the bed while holding my breath. My tummy has changed considerably since 2006 (had a baby, gained crazy weight after as well), so that part looks kinda crazy, but otherwise, they look good! I'm going to hold off to lose a couple more pounds before wearing them out but it is quite encouraging. Oh! They are size 12s.... and I have all intentions of being to the point of needing to buy smaller jeans in the months to come!
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    The weather has turned and its time for long pants in the am. I haven't had long pants on since I started counting calories. I only wear yoga type pants, or drawstring type, certainly NO non stretch fabric lol.

So since this material is so forgiving I had assumed I would not be needing new pants for a while! However, all my pants are now very...poochy. I've lost 30lbs and guess what? Its time for new yoga pants :smiley:
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh! They are size 12s.... and I have all intentions of being to the point of needing to buy smaller jeans in the months to come! [/quote]

I've gone from a 20 to a 12........i would have been ecstatic at a 14......

• jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I went out on my mountain bike this evening and rode a route with some fairly steep climbs. I only stopped to rest twice whereas before I started losing I stopped four or five times.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation and found a pool to get my swim on at the local college. I usually swim about 2 miles for my workout. I was about 1 1/2 miles into it and as I reached the wall and was making the turn, I heard the lifeguard speaking to another man. HIs words were, "I know, I keep thinking she's going to stop too."
    It made my day. Not bad for a 57 year old woman!

This is fantastic!

I'm working up to being able to do two miles. I don't have enough time during the hour of evening lap swim.
    My NSV: Today I took almost ten minutes off my time for 2500 yards in the pool.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My energy level has skyrocketed recently -- I can't seem to tire myself out!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God!

What's your recent NSV?

Whats nsv??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!