What do your meals look like? (Let me see pics)

Options

Replies

• Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    640 Calories....
    Fillet Mignon 9oz - BBQ Grill 2min each side (top, bottom, and each side) seasoned only with pepper and sea salt.
    Small Baked potato (plain)
    1cup Normandy Blend vegetables

IMG_20110604_171830.jpg
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    photo-23.jpg

Strawberry / banana "ice cream", 184 calories.

So it's not the prettiest... but it did taste good. It's actually higher in calories than a half cup of ice cream in my freezer. :ohwell: First time I made it was today. A medium banana in the food processor, with a few oz of orange juice, 3 strawberries and a splash of vanilla. Pulse, and voila. I think it could've used a bit of sweetener though... splenda, maybe? And to reduce calories I'll try almond milk next time.

I disagree, Smiles. This looks pretty good to me.

I am doing some meal planning now for a lake vacation that's coming up in a couple weeks. This dish may be one that the kids would enjoy making.
  • kkellam1
    Options
    Potato, chicken and pea patties, seasoned with cayenne pepper and tumeric for a little colour (using up some of yesterdays dinner leftovers! just got the chicken carcass to boil now to get some lovely stock), with roasted red/green peppers and carrots with garlic, and (home-made) red pesto hummus. I could only manage 1 and a half of the patties so in total what I ate came to 375. Very very reasonable as it tastes like it should be really fattening! Feel like I've been in the kitchen all day but it was defo worth it, my partner scraped his dinner plate clean and said "You HAVE to make this again" Haha.

100_1220.jpg?t=1307381486

Those patties are something that I never would have thought of to do. I'll be giving them a try!
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    Mung bean, spinach and tomato spanish omelette, with lettuce and cucumber with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a bit of grated low fat cheddar. 295 for the plate. Delicious.

100_1219-1.jpg?t=1307361692

I'd love to try the spanish omelette... recipe / instructions? It looks SO GOOD!

You need a deep-ish frying pan.
    It depends what your filling is but I whisked 8 eggs with a splash of skimmed milk, this was enough to coat my filling with a little 'slop'. (Very technical can't you tell). Salt/pepper in it. I used a cup and a half of sprouted mung beans (unsprouted would be fine). A cup would be plenty but I wanted to use them up. I used most of a big bag of spinach. I used mine whole as I like it chunky but ran it under the hot tap in a colander just to wilt it a bit so it wasn't so bulky. You could chop it up to prevent this.
    I used 8 small tomatoes on the top but you can put them inside if you want them like that. I often put cheese on the top too but wanted to save on the calories today.
    I cook it on the hob (not sure what they're across the pond? ring burners?) until I can just see it started to set underneath the tomatoes, on a medium heat so it doesn't burn on the bottom. Once its a little bit 'wibbly', and not runny I finish it off under the grill (broiler I think?).

My mum makes her with potato, chicken and feta, thats more of a frittata but still yummy too.
  • mandie26
    mandie26 Posts: 59
    Options
    bump
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread here is one of my fave lunches burgers are from costco...

1302211985.jpg

Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 2 leaf inner 2 0 0 0
    Tomat - Roma Tomato, 0.5 Tomato 18 4 0 1
    Burgers by Amylu - Sweet Caramelized Onion Chicken Burgers, 1 burger (112g) 150 2 8 22
    Vlasic - Dill Pickle Spears, 1 spear 5 0 0 0
    Nature's Own - Healthy Multigrain Sandwich Round, 1 roll 100 21 1 5
    Sabra - Spinach and Artichoke Hummus, 2 tbsp. 70 4 6 1
    Carrots - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 26 6 0 1
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices 8 2 0 0
    cals 379 carbs 39 fat 15 protein 30
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Il Tricolore...

5807950086_df4a3c69c6.jpg
    5807389197_acb97317af.jpg

Those potato, chicken and pea patties look great - I'll have to try those (but without the chicken). :smile:
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday lol:

IMAG0963.jpg
    3 egg, cracked pepper turkey, onion, bell pepper, mozarella cheese omelette - 558cal, 6g carbs, 47g fat, 37g protein.

IMAG1009.jpg
    Seasoned, grilled chicken breast (8oz), Spinach salad with 1/2tsp Grey Poupon, 1tbsp Kefir Yogurt Ranch, and 1/4 cup mozarella cheese - 295cal, 3g carbs, 11g fat, 46g protein.

IMAG1008.jpg
    Meatza!! 95/5 italian seasoned ground beef, mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, mozarella, and pizza sauce - 297cal, 2g carbs, 16g fat, 30g protein. That's 1 serving, I ate 1.5. Next time the meat will be rolled thinner...as the flavor, texture, and pure amount of hamburger was overpowering lol.

Recipe please!!!
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump ... happy I ran into this thread! :smile:
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Il Tricolore...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/5807950086_df4a3c69c6.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/5807389197_acb97317af.jpg

Those potato, chicken and pea patties look great - I'll have to try those (but without the chicken). :smile:

not going to quote images because there's nothing more annoying than lag on a topic when someone doesn't edit out images. just wanted to say how does your food look so GOOD. this is awesome food photography right here. that's amazing haha. +1 to you.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Il Tricolore...

not going to quote images because there's nothing more annoying than lag on a topic when someone doesn't edit out images. just wanted to say how does your food look so GOOD. this is awesome food photography right here. that's amazing haha. +1 to you.

agreed! I don't even know what some of those ingredients are but look tasty and good nutrition stats!

peach protein pancake (slightly overcooked :P)
    photofk.jpg

284 cals, 29g carbs, 4g fat, 28g protein, 4g fibre, 12g sugar (from fruit and CC)
    Ingredients
    1 cup oats
    1/2 cup CC
    scoop whey protein
    8 egg whites
    (fruit of your choice :smile: )
  • meshellw
    meshellw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH.. please come make food for me..lol,,, I ALWAYS struggle with what to eat. On a serous note,, they look amazing.. great job!!!
  • meshellw
    meshellw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious...... thanks for posting..
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say how does your food look so GOOD. this is awesome food photography right here. that's amazing haha. +1 to you.

Thank you Joanne! Some of my food photography is rubbish though - I was lucky with this one! :laugh:
    agreed! I don't even know what some of those ingredients are but look tasty and good nutrition stats!

Thanks Chris! Which were you unclear about? And if it's any consolation, I have no idea what the CC in your recipe is either!
  • kkellam1
    Options
    These two are very similar, but I had some things to use up...

299Calories_Page_1.jpg

299Calories_Page_2.jpg
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo hungry now!!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Il Tricolore...

peach protein pancake (slightly overcooked :P)
    photofk.jpg

284 cals, 29g carbs, 4g fat, 28g protein, 4g fibre, 12g sugar (from fruit and CC)
    Ingredients
    1 cup oats
    1/2 cup CC
    scoop whey protein
    8 egg whites
    (fruit of your choice :smile: )

Thanks for the info. I've heard of protein pancakes but have been hesitant to try them... the picture makes a compelling case though. :)