What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How I can't sit still, even while working. I'm either walking around my chair or dancing in my seat to a song in my head.
    Yes, I'm the weird one next to you that can't sit still :smiley:
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    Right there with you. "You'd know I still need to lose weight if I was standing here naked!" has been known to silence a few people.

No, I don't get invited to social gatherings very often, why do you ask?

LOVE THIS. Guess what my answer is going to be from now on? :)

>:) Most social gatherings are overrated anyway!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The opposite sex tends to treat you different.
  • AlexFitness96
    AlexFitness96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How inspirational you will become to other people (Especially if you've changed dramatically) without even knowing it.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    The opposite sex tends to treat you different.

Hooray for that!
  • S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am now 8 months in my journey and have lost 34lbs, with about 10-15 more to go. I have FINALLY noticed the arm pit shaving thing everyone in here talks about! It is definitely trickier now! It's weird to me how confident and pretty I can feel one day, and the next feel the same way I did on the day i was talking my before pictures.

Also, I knew some people wouldnt be as supportive as others, but I never expected those people to be some of the closest to me. I don't think they do it maliciously, more so because they are envious of the progress I've made. They will all come around eventually and maybe even start their own journey!
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with getting frustrated about the loose skin on my stomach and arms. I've only lost 75 pounds, but I know it's going to get worse.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I realized yesterday that my acne has all but disappeared with the better diet (i.e. just a lot less junk food). *cue the zit on my nose*
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Right there with you. "You'd know I still need to lose weight if I was standing here naked!" has been known to silence a few people.

[/quote]

^ cracked me up! Hilarious
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    That it would piss you off when someone tells you that don't need to lose anymore weight. My mental reaction: Really? Do you know my goals? I'm barely in the healthy weight range, so shut up! Thank you though. :D

You are funny. I would so invite you to a party
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The small.insignificsnt (or so you thought)varicose vein is turning more and more into an unsightly mess as you drop more weight....oh well I guess I'd better get saving.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    That it would piss you off when someone tells you that don't need to lose anymore weight. My mental reaction: Really? Do you know my goals? I'm barely in the healthy weight range, so shut up! Thank you though. :D

Haha. I too will be saying that from now on! Nailed it.
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    S_Evanson613, I get annoyed when my husband and daughter want to order more food at Pizza Hut, say. 2 pieces of pizza is a good enough portion (a bit high even) without adding breadsticks or the dessert chocolate sticks with icing. If they order it for THEM it's really tempting and kind of demoralizing to me. But then they say, "But we're not dieting" (Not that they don't need to, mind you!). It would be nice if they were just supportive. Maybe, "Wow, Mom, when did you get those jeans?" And then I'd say, "Oh, these have literally been in my drawer for more than 5 years. I just couldn't put them on before."
  • zkhanman
    zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

hahaha this... My back is bruised from doing workouts on the floor because my shoulder blades stick out so much now.

No one told me how annoying buying clothes could be. It's great when they fit, but I keep going down sizes and needing to buy more and then not having a purpose for the larger sizes.

On a more positive note, I get hit on a lot more. Three different guys asked me out for Valentine's Day this year :)

There has got to be a clothes swapping app for people with this problem. If one doesn't exist... seems like a great idea that could make some money via advertising.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!