Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    day7 done --- day 1 level 2. i decided this morning that i would bump up bc I really wanted to do this in 30 days and I felt I may have to spend a few extra days on these levels and i am glad i did - whoa I am sweating buckets. i actually hung with her - the last circuit of cardio i had to take 2 five second breaks but I am pretty proud of myself. IMO I really think once everyone completes level 2 this is where we will see real change. Good Luck people! Hang in there!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i'm impressed! I thought yesterday was much much easier than day 1, but moving up to level 2 scares me, I think i'd rather have a couple of easier days so I can feel like i'm getting good at it before I progress! I wanted to just watch level 2 last night but my bf wouldn't let me lol he says I can watch it on my final day of level 1 but not before because he doesn't want it to freak me out and discourage me.

Happy note - my sticking with Jillian has got him exercising a little bit more, last night it was just a little walk around the block with me, some crunches, and a hand weight, but i'm so thrilled to see he's feeling motivated to take these baby steps. His goal is to lose 60+lbs, but he grows frustrated. I tell him don't be discouraged because you have to lose 1lb before you can lose 60, but it's been such a struggle over the years for him. I've not experienced what that's like and so have sometimes run into where I don't exactly know what to say or do to help support him, MFP has helped a lot! I've been sharing all of your progress with him as well and i've shown him some of the success posts (which he is interested in, but would never seek out on his own). So...i'm really rambling, but in short, a big thank you to you all for not only keeping me motivated to tone up, but also for helping me to be more supportive and motivational to him in his weight loss journey.
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7!

Thinking about incorporating Level 1 in the some how.
  • lucero22
    lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 and although my day to check measurements and weight is on Thursday, I already see a difference in my body so thats a huge encouragement! I can till my endurance is building and I am not as sore anymore, I just really want to do level 1 without any breaks or stops before I move on to level 2. But anyway I am still pushing through and sweating good!
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done. Today was day 2 of level 2. Level 1 was starting to get easy, and I want to keep challenging myself. Plus Level 1 was beginning to be boring (not that it wasn't a good workout). Level 2 is more challenging for sure, and I more sore now, but I need the challenge! I have to do the easier cardio just because I live in a 3rd floor apartment, and don't want to make a lot noise for my neighbors at 6am. So glad I'm doing this, and I can't wait to see everyone's progress tomorrow!
  • debjason65
    debjason65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay just finished day 2 on level one this workout is intense and its just twenty min.. i was able to do the butt kicks this time the first day i couldnt seem too.. i was so proud i could do it... thought i was out of breath...
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Day 7 done....feeling a little bummed today. Yesterday level 1 felt so easy, I was keeping pace and breezing through it.
    Today was a big struggle, I made it through but barely. I just didn't have that energy/drive! It was very difficult for me to get started, and all I wanted was to flop down on the couch when I was finished. The only thing I can think of that's different today is that I usually have bf in the room to talk to, and today I didn't so I guess I was able to focus more on how much I didn't feel like doing it? Ok no whining, tomorrow will be better again!

And...tomorrow is weight and measure day, which i'm SO curious about! Looking forward to seeing everyones results so far!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Up at 6 this morning to do the Shred, I made it through, and had a lot of energy the rest of the day. Weigh in tom. and measurements. It looks like I gained 2 pounds but my cloths are loser, .... good luck all
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done!! Flew through it this time!! Definitely feeling ready for level 2 on Friday!! Keep pushing it everyone!!
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 7 level 1 down!! When I compare with how I felt one week ago I can see a huge improvement in stamina and strength. I'm going to weigh tomorrow and check a few of my measurements. I think I can see a difference but it's hard to tell. I feel great though and so much more energized. Only 3 more days of level 1!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Day 7 done....feeling a little bummed today. Yesterday level 1 felt so easy, I was keeping pace and breezing through it.
    Today was a big struggle, I made it through but barely. I just didn't have that energy/drive! It was very difficult for me to get started, and all I wanted was to flop down on the couch when I was finished. The only thing I can think of that's different today is that I usually have bf in the room to talk to, and today I didn't so I guess I was able to focus more on how much I didn't feel like doing it? Ok no whining, tomorrow will be better again!

And...tomorrow is weight and measure day, which i'm SO curious about! Looking forward to seeing everyones results so far!
    Same thing happened to me today!!!
    I thought yesterday (day6) was almost to easy!
    Then today (day 7) absolutely kicked my butt!!! I barely made it through and was tired and almost bored the whole time!
    I'm actually looking forward to level 2 now just for something diferent!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options

Same thing happened to me today!!!
    I thought yesterday (day6) was almost to easy!
    Then today (day 7) absolutely kicked my butt!!! I barely made it through and was tired and almost bored the whole time!
    I'm actually looking forward to level 2 now just for something diferent!

Oh thank you for sharing that, it made me feel much better! I too am looking forward to starting level two, though i'm pretty sure it's going to kick my butt lol...the first couple of days of level one are still very fresh in my memory!
  • SueEllen7
    SueEllen7 Posts: 32
    Options
    Got my workout in tonight....held out pretty well....especially compared to last night!!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Day4/L1 down.
    I've already lost weight (haven't measured) and my mom asked yesterday if I had a binder on (like after pregnancy I had the belly bandit) b/c my tummy looks smaller. I didn't. Yay!
  • divadebz
    divadebz Posts: 31
    Options
    WooHoo, my endurance is getting better and I actually kind of enjoyed the workout today. Finished Day 6 today and still gets a sweat on but there are definitely ways to make it harder. I am only doing the easier options so have upped that and increased the weights for certain exercises. Am I s'posed to go to level 2 after 10 days or just when we feel like it? At this stage I am nervously thinking about going to level 2 and trying it out on day 11. UGH
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Morning all, hope you're all managing to stick with it and doing well in the battle against the bulge!

Measurements this week:

Bust: 36.5 inches (-0.5)
    Natural Waist: 29 inches (-2)
    Waist at Belly Button: 32 inches (-2.5)
    Hips: 40 inches (No change)
    Right Thigh: 23 inches (No change)
    Left Thigh: 23 inches (No change)
    Right Upper Arm: 12 inches (-0.5)
    Left Upper Arm: 12 inches(No change)

CW:154.5 (no lbs lost, but inches make me just as happy (no rude comments please ladies!) :tongue:
    GW:129

Can't wait to hear how the rest of you are doing.

Chez x
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Managed 5 days out of 7 - Skipped Saturday as I was having a complete rest day & Monday I struggled at Zumba so took it easy.

No change in measurements, but I've lost 1lb

Going to measure the 'belly' as well from now on so measurements this week are:

Weight - 143
    Waist - 31
    Waist at Belly Button - 33
    Hips - 36
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Day 6 was completed yesterday... i didnt find it a struggle at all, i am contemplating moving to level two but I am afraid it is too soon.....

Anyone in the same position?
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh shame I saw this too late to join the group! I finished day 3 of level 1 yesterday. My thigh muscles are very VERY sore from days 1 and 2 but I wanted to keep doing this every day as it's only 20 mins so last night after finishing the session I rubbed some Deep Heat into my arms and legs and it has made a huge difference. I can bend down now without worrying if I'll be able to get back up!

I must remember to take my measurements tonight before doing day 4, although tbh I don't expect to see a difference until at least partway through level 2. I'm like that - getting my body to change initially is like trying to kick start a jumbo jet. Same thing with the shred - I'm slow to get going so I find the first circuit especially the cardio, the most difficult. By circuit 3 I seem to have more stamina and can keep up generally no problem. Still focusing mainly on Anita though!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Well, that's 10 days of level 1 over, I did do it twice on a couple of days because I was just getting stuck in and the workout was over. My measurements have reduced :

Upper waist - was 37.5 inches now 35 - loss of 2.5!!
    Lower waist (tummy button) was 46 inches now 40 - loss of 6 inches!!!
    Hips was 47 inches now 45 - loss of 2 inches!

I also weighed at the weekend when I was 7 days in and I lost 3lbs I'm now 179.5.

So overall 10 days of shredding included with my usual daily walking and cycling twice a week have made great improvements.
    I am really impressed, I can wear (and fasten) jeans I never thought I would get back in to.

Level 2 day 1 done today, I find this a struggle on my shoulders/top arms - had to stop for a few seconds twice :0/ I think this level focuses much more on upper body strength. But level 1 was tough at the start - I will plough on!!!