The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's not usually quite this bad, but I picked up a shift this week to help out a co-worker, plus shifted my schedule. Usually I only work Fri, Sat, & Sun. Plus, being able to study at works definitely helps.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

That is awesome your parents have gotten on the MFP bandwagon...but do they get into the forums? Reading up on your bizzzzness? ;)

Nope. They do not get on the forums. If they did, I don't really hide much from anyone.

Although I do have this ONE person who keeps sending me friend requests OVER and OVER and OVER on here. It's bugging the SMURF out of me...
    chrishuseman94
    Anyone know him? I've received probably 4 requests in the last 3 months. I'm writing him a message that goes something like this:

chrishuseman94,
    I keep declining your friend requests because I do not wish to be your friend here on My Fitness Pal.
    Please stop sending me requests, blank or otherwise.
    If you continue to send me friend requests, I will consider it harassment, document all forms of contact between us(messages, requests, etcetera) and seek aid through the My Fitness Pal administrators.

Regards,
    Lilaclovebird

I can't figure out how to block him unless he sends me a message first and he hasn't done that. Just seemingly incessant friend requests. It's not like he needs more friends. I've checked his profile, he has like 430-something.
    I just prefer having people that I 'know' and actually talk to who actually support me. Like most of your guys!
    Supposedly the block feature is on their "to fix" list of various features they have broken or removed. It's been what, a year and still no fix?

• hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Everyone is laying low tonight. Can't blame anyone, there's nothing going on where I'm at.

last two nights here have been kinda ridiculously busy...hoping for a reprieve tonight, since THE MOVE is underway and I spent a good chunk of my usual sleeping time trekkin' stuff from the old house to the new.

this weekend, we're doing ALL the big stuff, and i'll spend most of next week doing "straggler loads" and cleaning up the old place to appease my angry landlord. :)

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Hoping tonight is more patient care and less paper work.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    Everyone is laying low tonight. Can't blame anyone, there's nothing going on where I'm at.

last two nights here have been kinda ridiculously busy...hoping for a reprieve tonight, since THE MOVE is underway and I spent a good chunk of my usual sleeping time trekkin' stuff from the old house to the new.

this weekend, we're doing ALL the big stuff, and i'll spend most of next week doing "straggler loads" and cleaning up the old place to appease my angry landlord. :)

What did you do?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Another uneventful night in my center, nothing now but to countdown to 0530 when it's my weekend off. Which will be spent inside thanks to hurricane whatever-his-name-is.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have a test @ 0905, then if I can drive myself home after that, I intend to sleep until I have to work. Tonight, everybody seems tucked in, so Imma study as much as I can make myself. I'm so tired, I'm not even sure if I'm making any sense...
  • hamptontom
    Options

What did you do?

she's just upset that we're not staying another year...which, frankly, just isn't in the cards for me.
  • hamptontom
    Options
    I have a test @ 0905, then if I can drive myself home after that, I intend to sleep until I have to work. Tonight, everybody seems tucked in, so Imma study as much as I can make myself. I'm so tired, I'm not even sure if I'm making any sense...

good luck...and don't cram so much that you reach that point where you actually know the answers but start to create doubt in your mind when you're actually answering the questions. :)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

good luck...and don't cram so much that you reach that point where you actually know the answers but start to create doubt in your mind when you're actually answering the questions. :)

I have neve studied that much...what is that even like? lol

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Oh, please keep trying to tell me that coffee and cigarettes are your only vices...as you stumble around, slur your sentences, and continuously repeat yourself...
  • hamptontom
    Options
    Oh, please keep trying to tell me that coffee and cigarettes are your only vices...as you stumble around, slur your sentences, and continuously repeat yourself...

co-worker? guest?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Rando that wandered in. I think she was homeless.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Not that I don't have any compassion...just that we're not a homeless shelter, y'know?

Sometimes I feel like I have to be heartless to people at this job, but I've had to realize that this is a buisness, and my job is to protect/promote that. The things here aren't mine to give away.

Bah...fatigue is making me maudlin...I'm sure you all know this stuff.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

It was Irish coffee. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Guh...why can I not make my brain understand what an action potential is? All the other stuff for this test...no problem. I mean, I get the general concept. Maybe that's enough. Guh.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Action potential as in nerve conduction?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yup.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Good Luck!!!!! And I've lost a lot of compassion working 911. It seems like it shouldn't be that way but I just don't have a lot of sympathy left for people who won't help themselves out whatever situation they're in.

And hurricane what's-his-name is now looking like he's going to stay well offshore. Now if the rest of this rain would move out, we'd be good to go.
  • deathfromtexas
    deathfromtexas Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Try smart water