Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HAPPY OCTOBER AND WELCOME TO EVERYONE WHO IS READY TO JUMP START THEIR WEIGHT LOSS IN OUR FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!

ENCOURAGING WORD OF THE DAY...

CHANGE has been a major theme in the past few months from some who have commented on our discussion board for why they want to participate in our Fall Weight Loss Challenge. 'I want to CHANGE a habit, CHANGE a dress size, CHANGE the way I look, feel, behave etc...'

If you haven't yet, tell us WHY you are here and what you hope to accomplish more than losing the weight. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE?

Do not underestimate the effect these CHANGES will and do have on your whole person. I believe most of our battles with weight loss is in our minds. And the changing of our mindset is key to our successes. Think about the way you talk about yourself! Have your words been uplifting or downgrading? Whether you have 5, 50, or 150 lbs to lose, begin speaking positive words over yourself! When THINK positive and move forward in this process we will BE positive and begin to see significant changes happen from the inside out!

WHAT YOU THINK IS WHAT YOU WILL BE!

What you have been through up until this point has equipped and prepared you for the days ahead. Be vigilant! Stay relentless! You will look back at this time and see the value of your separation from that which is no longer valid, (maybe it was that entire cheese cake, that extra glass of wine or bag of nacho chips...whatever your triggers are that cause you to over indulge) separate yourself from it! It is no longer useful in your quest for the better you! One day, one choice, one step at a time!

Have a great day of amazing choices and positive thoughts about what you are doing!!

• hillcrestbaby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Have fun and share if you'd like to, on what you'd like to change.... (Read my quote from yesterday)
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    DAY 2 ENCOURAGING WORD..

Reset! It is time to recognize the need to start over. Wipe the slate clean and begin again by getting your priorities in order and doing what is important for this season. Everything in the past has brought you to this point in your life. Take stock of what you want to take with you into the next phase of your existence and what you want to leave behind, and then do it. Be brave and resolute!

Hope you are all having a great start!
  • hillcrestbaby
    Options
    If you missed the day I shared MY SIMPLE TIPS...HERE THEY ARE AGAIN!

Maybe you all have some tips of your own to share...what helps you?

TIP 1. NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST AND TRY EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS! To keep the (fire burning) and your metabolism revved up try eating at least every 2-3 hours. (Breakfast, am snack, Lunch, pm snack, Dinner).

TIP 3. EASE UP ON HIGH CARBS, REFINED SUGARS, FLOURS AND HIGH SUGARY DRINKS!

TIP 4. ENTER IN LEAN PROTEIN AND LOTS MORE VEGETABLES!

TIP 5. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!

TIP 6. TRACK EVERYTHING ON YOUR MYFITNESSPAL JOURNAL!

TIP 7. MOVE MORE AND MORE. Maybe it's just a walk around the block or chair aerobics, or maybe it's just standing instead of sitting, but whatever you do try to challenge yourself to move just a little more than before.

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to join a day late?

10/1 Weight: 177.8 lbs
    11/30 Goal: 170 lbs (about 1lb/week)

I want to CHANGE the way I feel about my body right now. It's not even about my weight as much as my fitness. I hurt my foot a few weeks ago and have been unable to run at all, lift much, or even walk instead of taking a bus or driving. (Hooray for the local pool, providing an occasional workout!) This means I'm once again at the point of being winded just climbing the stairs to my apartment, and I hate that. I want to get back to feeling strong and capable. Now that my foot is feeling better, I plan to ease back into my workouts to achieve that. And I want you all to keep me accountable! I need a bit of a kick in the pants sometimes! ;)
  • hillcrestbaby
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Is it okay to join a day late?

10/1 Weight: 177.8 lbs
    11/30 Goal: 170 lbs (about 1lb/week)

I want to CHANGE the way I feel about my body right now. It's not even about my weight as much as my fitness. I hurt my foot a few weeks ago and have been unable to run at all, lift much, or even walk instead of taking a bus or driving. (Hooray for the local pool, providing an occasional workout!) This means I'm once again at the point of being winded just climbing the stairs to my apartment, and I hate that. I want to get back to feeling strong and capable. Now that my foot is feeling better, I plan to ease back into my workouts to achieve that. And I want you all to keep me accountable! I need a bit of a kick in the pants sometimes! ;)

It's never too late!! Come along and go for the goal! I know all about injuries that can cause set backs, just be kind to yourself and do what you can do. But with all injuries, check with you Doctor to make sure what kind of exercises to start with. Maybe it's just simply standing verses sitting! The main thing for you I believe during your healing time is to watch closely what you are consuming! All the best to you, so glad you are here!

P.s. Go back through our discussions and read some of my posts....I have one with a sample day of eating that may be good if you are in need of some suggestions.
  • Tonn89
    Tonn89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in CW 150 GW 135......
  • clairec230787
    clairec230787 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to CHANGE my weight, so I loose the body fat I have gained in my 20's. Hoping to be fitter and more alert by exercising more.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I could have sworn I joined this challenge...lol Anyway, I would love to join to maintain motivation. Yesterday, I did go over my limit and felt terrible. I was even more upset today that I didn't have the same energy to work out this morning. I went but I felt pretty week but as another poster stated, I can press reset!

Cw 187
    Gw 177
    Ultimate goal 155
  • vickicravener
    vickicravener Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm gonna try to lose 1.5 lbs a week.

CW: 203.6 lbs
    GW: 191 lbs
  • ProgressivePersistence
    Options
    I'm in.
    CW: 110 lbs
    GW: 106-108 bs

Shooting for .25- 5 lb weekly weight loss. Trying to get rid of my stubborn lower body fat, but if I don't like how I look at the lower weight, I will stick with 110. Best wishes to all!

• vickicravener
    vickicravener Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What I hope to change about myself in this challenge.

I would like to:

Look better in the mirror and in pictures.

Be able to climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath.

Look good in my clothes again.

And last but not least to like myself the way I used to when I was healthy and weighed 167 lbs.

Be more positive.

It's gonna be hard, because I see myself in a negative light all the time, and I give up when I don't see any weight losses.

It begins today.

CW: 203.6 lbs
    GW: 191 lbs

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It begins today.

@vickicravener YES!! We make changes TODAY! I feel like I should write that on my mirror or something ^_^
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW: 127.6lbs
    GW: 122lbs
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Ate great again today!! And went for a 40 min walk outside, it was lovely :)

Stick with it Vicki!
  • BeOptimistic09
    BeOptimistic09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • BeautifulLoser1985
    BeautifulLoser1985 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Current weight 151 pounds... Goal weight 138... 13 pounds to go!!
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    CW: 151
    GW: 144

I plan on finishing on my 1lb a week goal and then going to .5lbs a week (coincidentally) towards Thanksgiving since I'm so close to my actual end-game of 140 by that time.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Color me interested!

CW: 199
    GW: 180

My weeks are from Sat to Sat and this started in the middle of the week.
    New Weight (NW): 196.8
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    CW: 208.9
    GW: 198
    If it's to be, it's up to ME
This discussion has been closed.